Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: Aug 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
His reddit handle is menormedia. He can't ask for money, but someone else offered to pay him and he replied that he sent a DM. I tried to DM him but couldn't, so I replied to the comment the guy made about paying with a comment that for me this info would be worth paying for and he DM'd me and sent me his Venmo info. I replied with my VINs (I was looking at 2), and he replied with A LOT of detail specs about each of them, most of which I didn't understand, but both had matrix and HW4. I sent him $25 for each to his Venmo.

Here's the thread where he looks up China and Berlin VINs for free:
Thanks!

MYLR
Red
White Interior
19" Wheels
5 Seat
Tow Package
OD: 8/4/23
ODD: Aug-Sep
EDD: 8/13 - 8/22
VIN: 8/5 Austin build
Delivery: Tustin, CA

Ordered in person at the Newport Beach store so I could talk to them about the fsd transfer. Apparently the $15k for fsd won’t be removed from my order until I have an exact delivery date.
Update: Took delivery yesterday 8/19 in Irvine. Build quality is fantastic. The red looks amazing! It was built in Austin and has hw4. FSD seemed to transfer the second we accepted delivery even though they said it would take 24 hours.

Better than refreshing this website or app every 2 min……congrats! What charger did you go with?
Just the standard wall connector

Attachments

• IMG_5055.jpeg
    IMG_5055.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
Reactions: mgeneczko
MYP
Red
5 Seat - White
21" wheels
OD: Aug 13
ODD: Aug-Sept
EDD: Aug 18-Sep 2 - this showed up around the 15th. On Saturday the date slipped a day (to Aug 19-Sep 2), then on Monday the date slipped again (to Aug 21-Sep 2)
VIN: None

Some thoughts on the MYP. First - it appears all MYP's are made in Fresno and with the 2170 batteries. All the 4680's are coming out of Austin, and as far as I know are never used in the long range or performance variants. It also appears that the 4680's do not charge quickly, nor do they seem to have the range of the 2170's. Maybe they get better with time and software updates.

On Aug 13, I took a test drive of a model Y looking for negative things I'd heard about. First, harsh ride. I was expecting it, and it probably wouldn't bother me much as I have a very sporty ride on my motorcycle (BMW K1300s) and a somewhat sporty ride in my Infiniti M37. My fiance and I were very surprised at the comfort of both the suspension and the seats. The latest model Y's are coming with the new Comfort suspension, and it works. (I'm assuming as this is the only model Y I've been in).

Next, the noise level. Seemed pretty good to me. And the double-pane windows were pointed out before the demo. They were cool on the inside, and it was 110F out. Definitely an improvement on any other car I've been in during a Phoenix summer.

Performance - staggering acceleration, for a car. (My motorcycle is still a bit quicker). I gave it full power up a freeway onramp, and it felt a bit squirmy, like a front wheel drive car I guess. (Been a while since I drove a front wheel drive car.) It's faster than my last motorcycle, and like my current bike looks to be both a lot of fun to drive and a constant vigilance on throttle control.

Really looking forward to getting my MYP.

MYP
Red
5 Seat - White
21" wheels
EDD: Aug 18-Sep 2 - this showed up around the 15th. On Saturday the date slipped a day (to Aug 19-Sep 2), then on Monday the date slipped again (to Aug 21-Sep 2)

Some thoughts on the MYP. First - it appears all MYP's are made in Fresno and with the 2170 batteries. All the 4680's are coming out of Austin, and as far as I know are never used in the long range or performance variants. It also appears that the 4680's do not charge quickly, nor do they seem to have the range of the 2170's. Maybe they get better with time and software updates.

On Aug 13, I took a test drive of a model Y looking for negative things I'd heard about. First, harsh ride. I was expecting it, and it probably wouldn't bother me much as I have a very sporty ride on my motorcycle (BMW K1300s) and a somewhat sporty ride in my Infiniti M37. My fiance and I were very surprised at the comfort of both the suspension and the seats. The latest model Y's are coming with the new Comfort suspension, and it works. (I'm assuming as this is the only model Y I've been in).

Next, the noise level. Seemed pretty good to me. And the double-pane windows were pointed out before the demo. They were cool on the inside, and it was 110F out. Definitely an improvement on any other car I've been in during a Phoenix summer.

Performance - staggering acceleration, for a car. (My motorcycle is still a bit quicker). I gave it full power up a freeway onramp, and it felt a bit squirmy, like a front wheel drive car I guess. (Been a while since I drove a front wheel drive car.) It's faster than my last motorcycle, and like my current bike looks to be both a lot of fun to drive and a constant vigilance on throttle control.

Really looking forward to getting my MYP.
Congrats! I'm coming from a 2019 M3 and trading it in for a MYLR. On my demo drive of the MY, I took it over a bunch of bumps and immediately noticed the vast improvement on suspension and comfort to the 2019 M3. Can always be better and they seem to be going there. Noise and performance were great but I did notice that its fast but the M3 felt quicker cause its lighter and I have a rear wheel drive so compared to the MY, the M3 seems quicker off the start, but like I said, the MY is way fast and fun. And yours will be even faster than mine! Have fun.

Congrats! I'm coming from a 2019 M3 and trading it in for a MYLR. On my demo drive of the MY, I took it over a bunch of bumps and immediately noticed the vast improvement on suspension and comfort to the 2019 M3. Can always be better and they seem to be going there. Noise and performance were great but I did notice that its fast but the M3 felt quicker cause its lighter and I have a rear wheel drive so compared to the MY, the M3 seems quicker off the start, but like I said, the MY is way fast and fun. And yours will be even faster than mine! Have fun.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to the world of EV's. Gas cars already look obsolete and cluttered inside to me. And it seems the only advantage they have is range. Otherwise the model Y just seems better to drive overall. Sure, handling could be better as well as the brakes, but it's an SUV so I give it credit for being perhaps more comfortable than even faster.

I'm also interested to see how home charging goes. I have an unused tanning bed in the garage on what looked like a 14-50 socket. But it was a 14-30 socket on a dedicated 30 amp line. I'll use the mobile charger there until my wall charger comes and gets installed in the right spot. The current spot will be a problem for a bit.

I'm also trying to figure out a way to take the car on my most-done road trip, Phoenix to Colorado via 4 Corners and Cortez Colorado. There seems to be a 270 mile or more gap between chargers north of Flagstaff. Northeast Arizona and southwest Colorado are hurting for chargers.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to the world of EV's. Gas cars already look obsolete and cluttered inside to me. And it seems the only advantage they have is range. Otherwise the model Y just seems better to drive overall. Sure, handling could be better as well as the brakes, but it's an SUV so I give it credit for being perhaps more comfortable than even faster.

I'm also interested to see how home charging goes. I have an unused tanning bed in the garage on what looked like a 14-50 socket. But it was a 14-30 socket on a dedicated 30 amp line. I'll use the mobile charger there until my wall charger comes and gets installed in the right spot. The current spot will be a problem for a bit.

I'm also trying to figure out a way to take the car on my most-done road trip, Phoenix to Colorado via 4 Corners and Cortez Colorado. There seems to be a 270 mile or more gap between chargers north of Flagstaff. Northeast Arizona and southwest Colorado are hurting for chargers.
The 14-30 vs 14-50 is amount of amps available to charge and really just means a little more time to charge on the 14-30, but compared to a 120v regular outlet, its plenty fast overnight and the car will do the math to be charged to what you want at the time you want. The 14-30 may only have a 30amp breaker? The Tesla wall charger (assuming thats what you are getting?) needs a 50 or even a 60amp breaker to maximize the amount of amps that charger can do. Also depends on the wiring gauge from box to location. Check with an electrician and remember chargers and the electricians time and materials can also be a tax credit. Check with the federal Infrastructure Act and if your state also has something as well.

I use the app PlugShare that shows Tesla chargers but also all non Tesla Chargers and theres reviews and pics of the stations usually. The car will do the thinking and let it. Its unnerving at first but you get over that after awhile.....

Monticello, UT and Bluff, UT have Chargepoint L3 chargers, currently free thanks to Utah funding. Also the Tesla Supercharger in Blanding, UT. I have not used, but check out the Tesla destination charger in Kayenta, AZ. Dolores, CO has a L2 charger, as does Cortez, CO. Details on Plugshare and Chargepoint apps. The Tesla CCS adapter is useful in this region.

Can anyone explain why some cars on the Telsa's Inventory website have a $500 discount while others don't? Chat agent said it was based on location. But I'm skeptical of anything Tesla says. Hoping it's not a HW3 vs HW4 thing.

Can anyone explain why some cars on the Telsa's Inventory website have a $500 discount while others don't? Chat agent said it was based on location. But I'm skeptical of anything Tesla says. Hoping it's not a HW3 vs HW4 thing.
Could be a number of things. - They are want to move what’s sitting. - Rejected cars for various reasons such as real issues or someone just cancelled cause they got fed up with the buying process!

Maybe the issues are fixed and up for sale. If it’s sitting there and you live near, go check them out and see what computers are in it.

So they just don't want these vehicles sitting out there and they discount them by $500 to move them? Simple as that?
In general, yes. For specific answer, ask your sales team. I sat with a sales advisor and we looked at "comming soon" (Tesla.com website) vehicles. These were listed as "in production" on employee-facing intranet, and I could see VINs looking at internal site. In my case, I will be waiting 2-4 weeks for delivery, after ordering one of these specific "in production" vehicles.

In contrast, a "ready for delivery" listed vehichle is at the service center. Could be a prior customer reject, could be (more common with S and X) a car waiting for a new owner.

The 14-30 may only have a 30amp breaker?
As I noted in my post "But it was a 14-30 socket on a dedicated 30 amp line." So, yes, a dedicated 30 amp line = 30 amp breaker (with no other devices on the line).
The Tesla wall charger (assuming thats what you are getting?) needs a 50 or even a 60amp breaker to maximize the amount of amps that charger can do. Also depends on the wiring gauge from box to location. Check with an electrician and remember chargers and the electricians time and materials can also be a tax credit. Check with the federal Infrastructure Act and if your state also has something as well.
I am in Arizona, and while I've heard some mention around the internet about tax breaks related to installing an EV charger, I have seen nothing that says that is available here.

The Tesla Wall Charger needs a dedicated 60amp line, not 50. Current levels should be set to a max 48amp in the car.

MYP
Red
5 Seat - White
21" wheels

Today (Aug 22), I see that my EDD has changed again. Over the weekend, as I went past the first EDD date (Aug 19), I would see the first date in the range shift by a day. So on the 20th, the EDD start changed to the 20th, then on the 21st, it changed again to the 21st. Today I saw that the entire date range got shoved back a bit, so now I'm looking at Aug 25-Sep 8. I wonder if the Saturday/Sunday changes were automated changes done over a weekend while the data range shift had some human intervention?

I'm going out of the country Sept 23-Oct 4. My nightmare scenario is that it arrives during that timeframe and Tesla won't hold it. I was told they would hold it a maximum of 14 days. If true, then I would only be screwed if it came on the 23rd and they sold it to someone else on Oct 4.

MYLR
Metallic Grey
5 Seat - White interior
19 " Gemini wheels
OD: August 10
ODD: August - September
EDD1: August 10-17
EDD currently: August 13-20 (has changed daily)
VIN: 7SA
Fresno build, Savannah delivery.
All tasks completed day of order. Waiting to be notified to complete remaining pre delivery tasks.

Do they still send texts to let you know when your order has shipped? Also curious how long it took to schedule delivery if anyone else has had a quick moving order process similar to mine.
Delivery schedule same day that they reached out to get it scheduled (8/21) 11 days from order to delivery