Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: Aug 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR
Gray
5 seat black
20" wheels

OD: 8/15
ODD: Aug-Sep
Vin: 8/15
EDD1: 8/24-9/2

When did you all get notified to schedule delivery? I got a great price to sell my car so have a rental and now am antsy
Here's my history, and I think it is somewhat typical for July-August timeframe. I ordered on Aug 13, and the following day got my first EDD, with a range of 8/19-9/2. 8/19 was a Saturday, and when Sunday rolled around, the EDD start date switched to 8/20. When Monday rolled around, the EDD bumped to 8/21. On Tuesday (yesterday) the whole range was bumped to 8/26-9/2. Today, Aug 23, 10 days after I ordered, I had a VIN when I work up. By noon I had a delivery schedule with the first available date of 8/26. I took the earliest available slot of 9:30am. (Next available slot was 1pm).

So here is my prediction. Your EDD will start changing, probably just the first date. Either the start date or the whole range will probably get pushed until it starts on Aug 28. On Aug 25th (10 days after your order), you'll get a VIN, and a few hours after that will be able to schedule a delivery for 3 days later.

Let's see how close that prediction actually is. I do note that you may well have an option to pick up another vehicle earlier from stock on hand. For the past 9 days I've been looking at available model Y's, and they have all been long range versions, with one Blue/Black performance version appearing for a couple of days. Certainly I could have had several MYLR's in my color combo or other in the past week.

I imagine this depends on where you live. It seems that most deliveries take place 3 days after VIN assignment. I'm thinking that means the car gets built, the VIN goes out when it exits the assembly line, and then there may be a day where it sits while being scheduled - or it just ships to the location of the intended buyer. It either takes 2 or 3 days to ship from Fremont, but I'm in Phoenix, not Maine. No idea how long cars take to get clear across the country.

All good. I talked to my tax person and you can put in for wiring upgrades no matter where you live and pretty much fold the whole bill into that so talk to your tax person.
I printed out the IRS form you linked and stuck it in my receipts box for use next April. My tax guy is pretty good, so I'll get whatever incentives the govt provides.

It's all falling into place now. My wall charger came today, and I have an electrician coming tomorrow to install it. Car comes Saturday. Now I have to dispose of an old Crown Vic crowding the garage.

Reactions: mgeneczko
MYLR
Gray
5 Seats

O/D: 8/17
VIN: 8/17
EDD: 25 Aug - 3 Sep
Delivery Appointment: 29 Aug

Fremont build

This order was much faster than my Model 3; I remember waiting weeks for VIN. I just hope that I didn't get a rejected delivery, and I pray Elon has blessed me with one of the well-built ones not one of the horror story ones. Just thought I'd help give someone some idea of how long things are taking at the moment.

One of the frustrating things for me has been a relatively small amount of location information. I see people's experiences, and I don't know if that is typical. "Was your experience because you live nearer to the factory or because it is typical of the national trend," was my question when I saw California order and delivery times. Is the transportation network more efficient in the Michigan region than on the East Coast? Does Tesla ship through the DMV area then distribute to the rest of the East Coast? I don't know, and it hard to use others' experiences to guage that when I have no idea where an order is going for the most part. Sorry for the suggestion. I don't expect anyone to agree with me on this. Regardless of your agreement, may your Tesla autopilot you safely and your build be of good quality.

(totally not a religious person, but I am using that language today. Maybe, it is because it is almost football season.)

Is it possible this is a new from the factory (Fremont) based on the timeline or does the quick VIN suggest it was a reject?

MYLR
Silver with 19" Wheels
Black interior
Seven Seat Interior
Tow Hitch
OD: Aug 20
ODD: Aug-Sept
EDD: Aug 30 - Sept 8
VIN: Aug 22
I certainly hope not. I got a VIN within 10 minutes. So, I would have definitely gotten a reject.

Reactions: BagheeraNY
Tesla is a little deceptive on this issue. Just because you didn't specifically select an inventory vehicle doesn't mean you don't get assigned one. Inventory vehicles include rejects, damaged and repaired, cancelled, and those cars which were built without a known buyer at the time. It's a crap shoot.

I can remember ordering a vehicle from another company. They updated on when the assembly started and completed, rolled outside, shipped, and arrived at the dealer. That's not the way Tesla does it, for better or worse.

Tesla is a little deceptive on this issue. Just because you didn't specifically select an inventory vehicle doesn't mean you don't get assigned one. Inventory vehicles include rejects, damaged and repaired, cancelled, and those cars which were built without a known buyer at the time. It's a crap shoot.

I can remember ordering a vehicle from another company. They updated on when the assembly started and completed, rolled outside, shipped, and arrived at the dealer. That's not the way Tesla does it, for better or worse.

That's what I always assumed was the case with Tesla. IMO based on my experience having ordered from BMW, best case scenario it would take 2-3 weeks to build the car after an ordered was placed if it truly was "built to order", and then best case scenario another 1-2 weeks to ship it somewhere in the lower 48.

I'm actually hoping that I'll match to a car that has already rolled off the assembly line without a buyer matched up previously. Otherwise I will most certainly need to re-apply for my loan since it's only good for 30 days. It's not a big deal, but annoying for sure to get another hard pull on my credit. I definitely don't want rejects though.

I definitely don't want rejects though.

Good luck getting them to tell you that. They tried to sell me a MYLR that was built more than a month earlier. When I asked for a little history, the SA said they had no way of finding that out. Others here have had better luck getting info. I certainly think that they know the history, just getting them to honestly reveal it is once again "a crap shoot".

Good luck getting them to tell you that. They tried to sell me a MYLR that was built more than a month earlier. When I asked for a little history, the SA said they had no way of finding that out. Others here have had better luck getting info. I certainly think that they know the history, just getting them to honestly reveal it is once again "a crap shoot".
True, I guess my point is that if the car passes my inspection, then it's good enough, but if I show up and it clearly has misaligned panels or damaged bits, then I'll feel pretty annoyed knowing that they intentionally assigned a "rejected" car to me.

I guess I'm making assumptions lol.

All good. I talked to my tax person and you can put in for wiring upgrades no matter where you live and pretty much fold the whole bill into that so talk to your tax person.
Wall charger installed this morning. I had them install it on the inside of a 3-car garage, between the 2 doors for maximum convenience. They had to add a 60amp breaker, come through the wall from the outside panel, then run conduit up to the top of the wall and around one of the garage doors to drop down beside it. Cost was $1350. I asked how much it would have been to just have the charger on the inside wall, no conduit, and the price would have been $850.

Reactions: mgeneczko