Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: Aug 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible this is a new from the factory (Fremont) based on the timeline or does the quick VIN suggest it was a reject?

MYLR
Silver with 19" Wheels
Black interior
Seven Seat Interior
Tow Hitch
OD: Aug 20
ODD: Aug-Sept
EDD: Aug 30 - Sept 8
VIN: Aug 22
That quick? I suspect on-hand stock, which is great! I got my VIN after (only) 10 days, pick up Saturday. I've watched the inventory during the wait and saw lots of MYLR's, but only one Performance model, which disappeared quickly. Nothing wrong with the cars, as far as I know.

Just got a email asking to schedule delivery next week. VIN is in the 858xxx range.

MYLR
Blue
5 Seat - White interior
19 " Gemini wheels
OD: August 11
ODD: August - September
EDD 1: August 23 to September 6
EDD2: September 1 to September 6
VIN: August 17
Delivery: Next week (Monday to Wednesday)

I ordered 1st week of Aug and picking up tomorrow. My vin is 851xxx so looks like yours is newer but who knows.
That's so strange how this happens. It really makes me wonder how Tesla is managing their distribution. Mine is probably newer by a day or two. I think I read a new Tesla rolls off the line every 8 minutes. That's 7.8 per hour which is 210.6 per day which is ~1475 per week. Which would be an annual production of ~76.6k per year for a single factory. So a difference in VIN of 2k means a difference between production date of a day or two. It makes sense if I am a day or two closer in the transportation network that I could be matched to a newer one. That doesn't explain the time to match difference though. That would be a good assumption if we ordered around the same day.

I wonder if they do production runs of certain models. 10k model 3/Y, then 10k Model X/S for example. That might explain a bursty nature of VIN allocations and how orders can be fulfilled around the same time despite being made a couple of weeks apart. But I am just speculating, and that's probably as valuable as invisible clothing. Oh well... I just hope my model doesn't have any major flaws.

I'm not following your math.

Do you think that Tesla sells as many MX or MS as MY? MY is #1 in the world.
Sorry, I forgot to change that line. I meant to change that from my original guess of a day or so to a week or so. I was thinking of 200 not 2000. I am a dummy. Oh well...

No, I don't think Tesla sells as many X as Y. That is silly, but I do wonder if they build certain models in blocks. What that size is I don't know nor do I even know if they do build in blocks. But doing a run of 10k 3/Y then a run of 4k X/S or a run of 50k 3/Y and 100 X/S, I don't think makes a difference when questioning if they even do that. The numbers were intended to be illustrative of what I was asking not actual data.

Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: Alonzo
Sorry, I forgot to change that line. I meant to change that from my original guess of a day or so to a week or so. I was thinking of 200 not 2000. I am a dummy. Oh well...

No, I don't think Tesla sells as many X as Y. That is silly, but I do wonder if they build certain models in blocks. What that size is I don't know nor do I even know if they do build in blocks. But doing a run of 10k 3/Y then a run of 4k X/S or a run of 50k 3/Y and 100 X/S, I don't think makes a difference when questioning if they even do that. The numbers were intended to be illustrative of what I was asking not actual data.

Sorry for the confusion.
My bad, I'm sorry. It's difficult to understand what people mean sometimes or how much they know.

I don't know about running separate models in batches. I do think they run batches of paint color, 5/7 seat, interior color, etc. I can't see them shutting down one assembly line to man another, but it wouldn't be the first thing that Tesla did which surprised me. I'm not even sure which vehicles are manufactured at which plant. I would think that when Tesla reaches the point that they are producing a surplus of Model Y's for the USA, they may start shipping to Canada or elsewhere.

Reactions: O-Knee Chan
First post. Figured this was a good place to start.

2023 Black/White interior MYLR
OD: Aug 10
Got VIN: Aug 17
EDD: Aug 31-Sept 7

Fremont build according to VIN. Also got the same notice about USS/Tesla Vision. All pretty confusing still. Trying to determine what features will/will not be available based off not having USS and having HW4 ( I assume it has HW4 because of when it was built and where).
Got a delivery date Wednesday, Sept. 1

Reactions: Demetrius887