Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Blue 10 days after ordering it here in tampa. All looks like it's ok. I have a few paint "spots" in the back, that seem raised, not sure what how to describe it, could only see it at a specific angle. I saw no issues on the front end. I am not happy that FSD free 3 months starts immediately at delivery. I don't even think we can use fsd with HW 4 and model y, can we ?

Picked up my Blue 10 days after ordering it here in tampa. All looks like it's ok. I have a few paint "spots" in the back, that seem raised, not sure what how to describe it, could only see it at a specific angle. I saw no issues on the front end. I am not happy that FSD free 3 months starts immediately at delivery. I don't even think we can use fsd with HW 4 and model y, can we ?

picked my MYP up today too and absolutely livid that our 3-month 'free' FSD is actually going to go completely to waste. no way will Elon roll this out in time to our HW4 cars.

Reactions: willwllx
MYLR

Midnight Silver
19” Wheels
5 Seat - black

OD: July 15th
ODD: July-Aug
EDD: July 21st - July 30th
VIN: 7SAYGDEE2PA1511XX

This is the second time we've ordered a Tesla and the VIN was assigned like 30 minutes later...hope this doesn't mean it's a reject. Austin build, so no matrix lights...but I have them on the Model 3 so it's whatever.

MYLR

Midnight Silver
19” Wheels
5 Seat - black

OD: July 15th
ODD: July-Aug
EDD: July 21st - July 30th
VIN: 7SAYGDEE2PA1511XX

This is the second time we've ordered a Tesla and the VIN was assigned like 30 minutes later...hope this doesn't mean it's a reject. Austin build, so no matrix lights...but I have them on the Model 3 so it's whatever.
No matrix would be an instant reject, why wouldn’t you want the best headlights?

Reactions: tierneyalvin
I’m amazed that people are Tesla fans and on a Tesla forum and don’t understand the tech inside these cars.

Thanks for the video. That's how we "Tesla fans" learn about new technology. The video does fall a little short of comparing the old versus new. Having never driven either at night, I've nothing to compare with. One thing I didn't like in the video was how dark it was outside of the pinpointed field of light.

However, you can shove the condescending attitude. If you found my question to be inappropriate, you could have ignored it instead of giving your snarky response. Since I don't have a Tesla currently, it's a little hard to "understand" all the tech available. I do intend to learn as much as I can before my Tesla arrives.

For what it's worth, I've been driving ice vehicles for over 60 years, and I certainly don't understand all the tech behind them. I push the accelerator and it goes, the headlights come on and I can see, I'm happy with that. I don't need to understand the technology behind it. :)

Reactions: Gpa9504 and Jaymc5
Thanks for the video. That's how we "Tesla fans" learn about new technology. The video does fall a little short of comparing the old versus new. Having never driven either at night, I've nothing to compare with. One thing I didn't like in the video was how dark it was outside of the pinpointed field of light.

However, you can shove the condescending attitude. If you found my question to be inappropriate, you could have ignored it instead of giving your snarky response. Since I don't have a Tesla currently, it's a little hard to "understand" all the tech available. I do intend to learn as much as I can before my Tesla arrives.

For what it's worth, I've been driving ice vehicles for over 60 years, and I certainly don't understand all the tech behind them. I push the accelerator and it goes, the headlights come on and I can see, I'm happy with that. I don't need to understand the technology behind it. :)
Your lack of understanding makes much more sense now.

Nah, don't worry too much about the headlights. For what it's worth, the darkness you mentioned doesn't bother me when driving my Model 3, but yes, that's what the matrix lights look like. They have that blocky pattern which I find kind of cool, but some people might think is annoying. And you can do the light show where they will throw up the word TESLA on the wall for a few minutes...a party trick I've shown off to people like two times. Perhaps I'm just not teslafanboy enough to understand this mindblowing piece of tech on my own car. 🤷‍♂️

New member here, wish I’d found this forum before ordering, may have saved a lot of headache.

MYLR
MSM
7 Seat - Black
Tow
OD: June 27th
ODD: July
EDD1: July 1-11 Notified of delivery June 30, couldn’t accept
EDD2: July 23- Aug 20
VIN: None

Right after ordering, got a VIN. I didn’t understand the ridiculous end of quarter pushes they do, and they notified me at 7:06am on June 30th that I had to pick up the car that same day or lose it. I hadnt even finished all my app tasks since I was expecting delivery in July, was doing 3rd party financing and the check was due to be delivered next day. Anyway, not to get into it but was forced to let go of the VIN and get back in the queue. Still waiting for a new VIN. Worried my financing will become problematic if this draws on. Frustrated they rushed my first VIN without communicating with me otherwise I wouldn’t be in this situation. Sigh. Some day I may have a Tesla Y…
Update: VIN assigned 7/15
EDD3: Aug 8-17

Hurray! Now let’s hope no one gets confused on the finance side with having a new VIN and a cheaper car. I hope Tesla delivers my car with a refund check in it!

Reactions: King David