Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR

OD 7/3 Silver Black Chicago. Sorry if this wrong group.

Took delivery 7/14. overall everything looks good. 1 tiny paint chip, setup for service. I have a question on the frunk hood gaps mine is pretty even on both side but if you compared height level of hood and side fender guard seems to vary in height .. please if you can check you vehicle if this is normal or needs adjustment.

... I have a question on the frunk hood gaps mine is pretty even on both side but if you compared height level of hood and side fender guard seems to vary in height .. please if you can check you vehicle if this is normal or needs adjustment.
Not exactly sure what you're referring to, but my frunk was lower on the right side when delivered. It just needed the right bumper adjusted a couple of turns. Super easy fix. The Tesla guy that came out with me said it was within spec as it was. :D

If both are purchasing, it should give the perk for referrer of 10k credits and the buyer for $500 off and 3 mo. FSD. So both will be buyer and referrer. 10k credits is enough for a free wall connector and more.
Are you sure? I'm not disputing you, because I don't know. I'm hoping you're correct and that you've verified it through others. However, this complicates things. :)

Refer and Earn | Tesla Support

If an existing owner attempts to order through a referral link (whether their own or a friend’s), they will not qualify for the cash awards and exclusive referral benefits for buyers, nor will the referrer qualify for referral credits, because the buyer is already part of the Tesla community. Instead, the owner automatically earns loyalty benefits.

What makes them better?
I wouldn't get too concerned about which headlights you get. Tesla refers to the two lights as "Global" and "Premium" versions.
Global (what people refer to as Matrix) have the odd blocky pattern to the sides of the beam, no matrix functions to date other than spelling out Tesla.
Premium (reflector, non-matrix) have an even beam but do test a little less spread and a little less distance.
The Premium light is still a really nice light and I don't think anyone would have issue with them if they didn't know there were two different lights and read about it on these forums or Reddit.
Remember the large majority of MY on the road have Premium lights as up until mid-2022 only MYP had Global lights. MYLR only had them sporadically during 2022 and not until Dec'22 or Jan'23 did they become consistently standard on MYLR out of Fremont. Of course they still don't use them on MYLR or MYAWD out of Austin.

Are you sure? I'm not disputing you, because I don't know. I'm hoping you're correct and that you've verified it through others. However, this complicates things. :)

If an existing owner attempts to order through a referral link (whether their own or a friend’s), they will not qualify for the cash awards and exclusive referral benefits for buyers, nor will the referrer qualify for referral credits, because the buyer is already part of the Tesla community. Instead, the owner automatically earns loyalty benefits.

So trading may only double benefit two new Tesla customers. I did do it with my first tesla purchase and it worked. Which at the time was the free supercharging miles, so we got double.

Placed an order for a "Ready for Delivery" MY a week ago. App won't let me schedule a pickup date, just keeps saying "Check Back Later" with an estimated delivery of current date-7 days later. Have sent messages to the text message help center several times inquiring about the issue and they keep telling me "wait, there's nothing we can do" (to the point of being outright rude about it). Has anyone had this happen? Does it mean there's something wrong with the car I bought? I wouldn't have minded a wait if the expectation had been set up front, but since it was allegedly available immediately per the order, I sold my car, took out new insurance, etc. and now I'm just stuck waiting with no timeline or reasoning. I don't even know if I should go pickup a rental car since there's literally zero timeline communication. I feel like the only recourse I have is to cancel the order and buy a different vehicle, but of course I know Tesla doesn't care if I cancel. Any ideas or suggestions?

Placed an order for a "Ready for Delivery" MY a week ago. App won't let me schedule a pickup date, just keeps saying "Check Back Later" with an estimated delivery of current date-7 days later. Have sent messages to the text message help center several times inquiring about the issue and they keep telling me "wait, there's nothing we can do" (to the point of being outright rude about it). Has anyone had this happen? Does it mean there's something wrong with the car I bought? I wouldn't have minded a wait if the expectation had been set up front, but since it was allegedly available immediately per the order, I sold my car, took out new insurance, etc. and now I'm just stuck waiting with no timeline or reasoning. I don't even know if I should go pickup a rental car since there's literally zero timeline communication. I feel like the only recourse I have is to cancel the order and buy a different vehicle, but of course I know Tesla doesn't care if I cancel. Any ideas or suggestions?
Inventory or "ready for delivery" cars can be located anywhere. Yours may be in California or Texas or whatever. It may take a couple of weeks to ship it to your delivery center. If you'll read the May and June delivery threads, you'll see that many have dealt with the same issue. They get a VIN and a delivery date range, then it's put back a week, then another week, then a few days. All of a sudden Tesla contacts them and says it's on site and ready for delivery. It's a piss poor system, but it's the one they use.

Reactions: fsb1
Inventory or "ready for delivery" cars can be located anywhere. Yours may be in California or Texas or whatever. It may take a couple of weeks to ship it to your delivery center. If you'll read the May and June delivery threads, you'll see that many have dealt with the same issue. They get a VIN and a delivery date range, then it's put back a week, then another week, then a few days. All of a sudden Tesla contacts them and says it's on site and ready for delivery. It's a piss poor system, but it's the one they use.
Thank you, that's super helpful to know (would have been helpful if the sales agent had mentioned that, she told me "ready for delivery" meant it was at the dealership, but I digress). I do know it was built in Texas.

Thank you, that's super helpful to know (would have been helpful if the sales agent had mentioned that, she told me "ready for delivery" meant it was at the dealership, but I digress). I do know it was built in Texas.
Well, it may be there. If so, then I would be concerned why it isn't being delivered also. Is it close enough that you could go down there and find it on the lot and look it over? I assume you have the VIN number and there can't be that many on their lot which matches yours. The VIN number is easily viewed through the windshield. If there's damage to it or something obvious, you'd be able to see.

Sorry you're dealing with this. Hope it turns out well for you.

Well, it may be there. If so, then I would be concerned why it isn't being delivered also. Is it close enough that you could go down there and find it on the lot and look it over? I assume you have the VIN number and there can't be that many on their lot which matches yours. The VIN number is easily viewed through the windshield. If there's damage to it or something obvious, you'd be able to see.

Sorry you're dealing with this. Hope it turns out well for you.
It's only about 30 mins away, and that is 100% the type of thing I'd do in the absence of other options. Can I just walk the lot looking for the VIN? It's a downtown location in a big city, so I'm not sure the cars would be behind a gate or something?

It's only about 30 mins away, and that is 100% the type of thing I'd do in the absence of other options. Can I just walk the lot looking for the VIN? It's a downtown location in a big city, so I'm not sure the cars would be behind a gate or something?
The three Tesla locations I've been to didn't have any barriers to prevent people from entering the lot. The delivery center closest to me is surely wide open. One could easily walk the lot and admire (look for yours) the cars. Of course, if it's in the shop, you may not find it. Might be worth the trip.

You might be able to go to Google Maps and see what kind of property yours is, whether it's got fenced areas or so forth. Chances are, if you go during business hours you could just walk around looking at the vehicles there. After hours, the place may be locked up.