Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they gave me pick up date option of July 24- July 26 though apparently the car arrived at the delivery location on the 19th. For some reason, all dates until then are blacked out. Does anyone have any experience moving up their delivery date if the car has arrived?
Yes i had same issue i called the Tesla center location they have most updated info and car available few days earlier and schedule delivery over the phone saved me waiting over the weekend.

Yes i had same issue i called the Tesla center location they have most updated info and car available few days earlier and schedule delivery over the phone saved me waiting over the weekend.
Ah okay, lucky you! We visited the Tesla center and essentially they don’t do weekend deliveries and they didn’t have our car ready this Friday so we pushed it to Weds which is when my wife is also free to pick up the car. Though this was a shorter wait than my other car, it’s been long in my head.

All cars need to be driven in order to be built and delivered. I once spent 7 hours inside the Corvette factory in Kentucky watching my ZR-1 get built. They run them in the dyno and I sat in the passenger seat while the guy drove it in, and went through a sequence of driving it on rollers. He flat out redlined it multiple times on a car that was literally just built, like 2 minutes prior. I couldn’t believe it. People waste all this time and money treating their cars with kit gloves and the people who build them are literally thrashing the hell out of them in factories. It changed my entire perspective.

Reactions: baguette
Model Y Long Range AWD Blue w/ White interior
5 Seat
19" wheels

Ordered: 7/21
VIN Assigned: 7/21
Delivery Date Assigned: 7/22
Estimated Delivery Date: Scheduled for 7/24

VIN: F838XXX

Order to delivery in less than 3 days. Much faster than I was anticipating

5 Seat
19" wheels

5 Seat
19" wheels

That is insanely fast

Reactions: DDotJ
oh that's a good tip. finally got my delivery date scheduled but it's like a week away. I'm gonna give ours a call and see if the car is onsite or not so I can pick it up way before then. trying to avoid renting anymore cars till then.

Reactions: mylr2527
He flat out redlined it multiple times on a car that was literally just built, like 2 minutes prior. I couldn’t believe it. People waste all this time and money treating their cars with kit gloves and the people who build them are literally thrashing the hell out of them in factories. It changed my entire perspective.
I don’t think they are thrashing the engines, isn’t it a test script?

I bought a new aircraft engine from the factory and waited 8 weeks while it was being built. The test paperwork came with the engine. The engine was ran on a test stand for almost an hour, my $38k engine was ran at 200 RPM above red line twice during the test, both times for several minutes. Beats something breaking on the first takeoff.

MYLR
Midnight Silver
Black/white interior
5 Seat
Enhanced Autopilot

OD: July 4
ODD: July-August
EDD: July 29-August 5
EDD2: July 24 - August 2
Delivery Date Scheduled: July 29
VIN: Assigned July 13

I'm like Snow White over here singing into a well as I look at my Tesla app every hour it seems..... I'm waiting.... 😋

Excited to get this car!
Woohoo! It's all coming together :)

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of trading in my 2019 M3 for a LR MY, silver with white interior, and tow hitch. I have FSD on my M3 and being able to move that to the Y is the push I needed to make this decision. Seems like if I did this today, I could expect the new MY in a a few weeks, but certainly before September?

Also, If I buy one from inventory, how quickly can the transaction (trade, purchase, etc.) happen, realistically?

MYLR
Blue
5 Seat - Black
19 " Gemini wheels
Tow hitch
OD: July 20
EDD: July 26-August 5
VIN: 7SAYGDEE2PF83 (currently en route someone canceled)

Greenville, South Carolina

Trading in my 2020 MYP and transferring my FSD. Tesla gave me $200 less on my trade in than Carvana, Carmax, etc. so I'm happy with that. Love my MYP...its the only car that is better today than the day I bought it (thanks OTA updates). That said I need the extra range, I'm almost out of warranty (B2B) and this year will be the last year I can take advantage of the EV credit.

Also, If I buy one from inventory, how quickly can the transaction (trade, purchase, etc.) happen, realistically?
I had to push my SA to get them to determine the final trade in value for my MYP. Also DO NOT sign the FSD transfer form until everything is in place. It is irreversible.

MYLR

White
20” Wheels
5 Seat - Black

OD: July 6th
ODD: July-Aug
EDD: July 26th - Aug 2nd
VIN: 7/15

It has been over a week since I received the VIN but nothing has been updated from a delivery date standpoint.

Does it usually take that long to get a tighter delivery date? I called the Tesla location and they were able to tell me that it was enroute, so I guess that's good.

I guess there is really no rhyme or reason whatsoever.

5 Seat
19" wheels

Amazing! I ordered June 28, VIN assigned June 29, delivered July 11 and I thought that was amazing.

My wife’s car was totaled on the 28th. She took my old car (a Pilot, better for her home business) and my Y was delivered on the 11rh.