Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edd1: 5/19-6/2
MYP white/black
Tow
OD 5/9
EDD June/July
No vin
Sf Bay Area
Our SA was a rockstar and was almost annoying with how many cars he sent us that weren’t quite what we were looking for. We told him our second choice was midnight silver and honestly I like it better than white after getting it. This one became available Saturday after the owner backed out before it even left Fremont. One little tiny defect in the door trim that they are fixing next week. Little advise to anyone feeling like things are taking a long time and not populating in the app, reach out to your SA they will push things through a lot faster on their end help you land the car you want if they can find it in inventory. Also to the people wondering it came with Michelin tires and the trunk cover

Attachments

• BD8BFB62-3336-4BEE-85DB-7D7231024A5E.jpeg
    BD8BFB62-3336-4BEE-85DB-7D7231024A5E.jpeg
    849 KB · Views: 124
No updates yet (today is the first day of my provided EDD window).

A question though:
Has anyone ever received a VIN on a weekend or do they only give them out M-F?

I have completed all pre-delivery steps I can (no trade-in, approved financing, final payment) hoping it would accelerate the process but don't have a SA to consult so... I turn to this forum as a form of therapy to normalize my app-checking neurotic behavior of late.
If I ever get a VIN, I'm afraid this will be my reaction:
The phone book is here!

I got my VIN today but still have to wait until Monday 22nd for DD. My local Tesla isn't open on Sunday :(
I called Tesla of Portland to see if it was possible to divert my delivery to Portland (since they are open on Sunday and it's due to be delivered on the 19th) and they said the vehicle is already on its way and they can't change it.

Maybe it's like insta cart? The truck driver looks at their order and sees that they are headed to Vancouver/Seattle and they need 9 cars: 1 red MYP no tow, 1 red MYP with tow, 2 MYP MSM without tow, 1 white MYP with tow, 2 blue MYP with tow, and 2 black MYP without tow. They pick all those from a staging area labeled "finished cars" where cars are parked in groups by colors and options, then they scan with a barcode and *boom* that's how it's determined which VIN I get...

The romantic thought of someone at the beginning of the plant assembling the team and saying "we build a lot of these, but this one is for Shane...". I guess maybe that didn't happen... instead like a donut shop, they are making a bunch of fritters, a bunch of maple bars, and a bunch of bear claws and then they fill orders...

Well either way, I'm glad the phone book is here!

Reactions: C2023
My VIN was assigned right away and so was my EDD of May 20-27. I’ve been scrambling to get someone to install my wall charger in time. With that said my EDD keeps moving around. It was originally pushed up to 13-24 and then kept moving out when it was not delivered by the 13th. I message my SA yesterday and he said it should come by Saturday but this morning my EDD was pushed out again in the app to 18-26. Has anyone had any luck calling anyone? I’m trying to coordinate with a very busy weekend and turning in my other lease without making another payment on it.

My VIN was assigned right away and so was my EDD of May 20-27. I’ve been scrambling to get someone to install my wall charger in time. With that said my EDD keeps moving around. It was originally pushed up to 13-24 and then kept moving out when it was not delivered by the 13th. I message my SA yesterday and he said it should come by Saturday but this morning my EDD was pushed out again in the app to 18-26. Has anyone had any luck calling anyone? I’m trying to coordinate with a very busy weekend and turning in my other lease without making another payment on it.
Tesla doesn't take calls. That has always been an issue

MYLR
Blue
5 Seat Black Interior
20" Induction
Tow Hitch
OD: May 4 (today)
ODD: May - June
EDD: May 15 - May 21
VIN: May 4 (today/same day)

Ready to schedule delivery, I'm going to pick the 17th - though USSFCU has me biting my nails as I don't even have my account info yet, and I still need to apply for the loan!

Pickup was scheduled for today.
Had to decline accepting delivery after thoroughly going through the car. Fremont CA Build.
Found 5 things - the reason for declining delivery was for a dent on the driver's side, rear passenger door. PDR is supposed to look at it this afternoon/tomorrow to fix, and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow (though this time it won't be in the morning, and I'll be fighting rush hour traffic to pickup, and go home).
It's an odd dent - because it looks like it's actually pushed out - not in. I suspect something from manufacturing.

On the rear of the C pillar, where the rear hatch shuts - there's a weird fiber that was there from the paint process. It blocked the paint from adhering - document and have service take care of.

On the rear hatch, there's a pin-point paint chip, again document and service will take care of.

On the Front Passenger speaker, there's a rubber gasket behind the mirror area/door "frame"/glass - that's deformed, again document and have service take care of.

There's also from yesterday (prior to me arriving to pick it up), a "Unable to charge" "BMS _a063" message. Not sure what's up with that.

Everything else seemed to have checked out fine. Hopefully there aren't any new issues tomorrow. I told my Tesla Advisor that I was literally going down the street to have PPF and Ceramic Coat applied. He couldn't tell me when PDR would be able to address it - so I said I'd like to do the PPF if I'm taking it (Bumper, Hood, Fenders, 4 Doors). So if PDR needs the door without any PPF, I wouldn't be taking the car unless Tesla wants to repay for PPF. He said Tesla would not pay for re-doing the PPF.

Video of the dent, hard to photograph:
t2kX7Q9.jpg

4Ewmv2q.jpg

Last edited:
Tesla doesn't take calls. That has always been an issue
I called my store, and went through the phone tree - and got a hold of someone. It was a good thing, and they thanked me for calling. My insurance guy hadn't gotten any paperwork from them. I spelled out the email address, and Tesla had sent the paperwork to "mapfre.com" and not "mapfreusa.com"; for the email domain.

Just got the update. It's showing the Estimated Delivery - May 29 - June 26. I received no email/text/call.

MYLR White/White
No Tow
5-Seats
19"
OD: 5/7/23
ODD: May - June
EDD: May 29 - June 26. (Updated on 5/15/23, 4 PM EDT, directly in App)
VIN: None
Just received my Mobile Connector today. The box isn't sealed, but items look all new with 1 tiny scratch, (just hope it's not refurbished or used). When I placed the order along with the MYLR, I thought this mobile connector would come directly with the car.

I haven't filled up much of information in Tesla App yet. I'm wondering if you guys fill all up or wait until the delivery date is assigned?

May do the trade-in and it's only good for 30-days with 1K miles range difference. It doesn't make sense to fill-up/submit the request.