Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my Mobile Connector today. The box isn't sealed, but items look all new with 1 tiny scratch, (just hope it's not refurbished or used). When I placed the order along with the MYLR, I thought this mobile connector would come directly with the car.

I haven't filled up much of information in Tesla App yet. I'm wondering if you guys fill all up or wait until the delivery date is assigned?

May do the trade-in and it's only good for 30-days with 1K miles range difference. It doesn't make sense to fill-up/submit the request.
I’d fill in as much of the info as possible. I found myself scrambling last minute to get insurance all settled.
My mobile connector seemed to be covered in fingerprints, but the Tesla connector side seemed new. Not sure if it was a refurb or what. Haven’t used it yet.

Reactions: retbesla
Just received my Mobile Connector today. The box isn't sealed, but items look all new with 1 tiny scratch, (just hope it's not refurbished or used). When I placed the order along with the MYLR, I thought this mobile connector would come directly with the car.

I haven't filled up much of information in Tesla App yet. I'm wondering if you guys fill all up or wait until the delivery date is assigned?

May do the trade-in and it's only good for 30-days with 1K miles range difference. It doesn't make sense to fill-up/submit the request.
Nope the chargers all ship separately (And generally come quickly nowadays).

I’d fill out what you can, but hold off on financing Until you’re pretty sure you’re within the 30 day window of getting the car. I was told by a store rep that “most” of the financing via the tesla app is good for 60 days, but the one I got was 30, so YMMV. The trade in is a bit of a crap shoot too. Some people get good quotes, and others, well, don’t lol. It too is good for 30 days (and I think still 1000 miles). But doing it now can give you a good idea of what to do. If the offer is terrible you have time too sell it or whatever.

This is extremely weird. I ordered exactly same vehicle 4/25, you ordered 5/3 and getting delivery before me. How this is possible? I am from Fairfax btw….
Sorry if my post caused any confusion, but in one of my other posts, I stated that I had an initial order date for a MY LR on 4/21 but swapped to a MYP on 5/3 under the same reservation number. It's likely that Tesla's system saw my 5/3 MYP order as a 4/21 OD.

Reactions: jakegozdeozgur

My DD is Monday. Here is my experience. If you don't do the steps in the app, you will get emails everyday reminding you to do them. Once you do them: Reg, trade (more on that in a moment), financing, payment... you are left in silence until you get a VIN. The silence is awkward because you may feel like they have forgotten you. Once they assign the VIN, I got emails reminding me to schedule a DD, then got emails reminding me to prove insurance.
My point: if you want constant reminder emails to feel like they haven't forgotten about you, leave tasks unfinished.
Now about that trade:
We were going to trade in my wife's 2011 Lexus RX350. KBB said it should fetch around 12,500 on a trade in. Tesla offered $8,100! I went on carmax the same day and input her car details and they offered me 13,000. I scheduled an appt. That evening and sold them the car. The next day when the check had cleared I made my down payment the Tesla. It was easy to reject the offer, and proceed with the other steps. I probably could have gotten a little more selling private party but these days it's not worth having a gun shoved in my ribs on a test drive from Craigslist.
Good luck to you!

While I did a lot of research over months on the car itself, I didn’t really do research on the ordering process, so I didn’t know what to expect. It needs work imo. So far I’ve just gone through the steps on the app and it says I’m only waiting for a VIN to be assigned. Nobody from Tesla has contacted me and I’ve only received a thanks for your order email. It’s pretty strange. I guess I expected more.

I ended up calling my local Cincinnati Tesla dealer just to find out what’s supposed to happen. He said MYP is about a 30 day turnaround right now and just wait. I guess I just call the dealer if I have any more questions or ask people on here lol

Reactions: Chewy13
While I did a lot of research over months on the car itself, I didn’t really do research on the ordering process, so I didn’t know what to expect. It needs work imo. So far I’ve just gone through the steps on the app and it says I’m only waiting for a VIN to be assigned. Nobody from Tesla has contacted me and I’ve only received a thanks for your order email. It’s pretty strange. I guess I expected more.

I ended up calling my local Cincinnati Tesla dealer just to find out what’s supposed to happen. He said MYP is about a 30 day turnaround right now and just wait. I guess I just call the dealer if I have any more questions or ask people on here lol
I too felt unguided. Glad I’m not alone. I didn’t fill out loan info, or insurance info until the very end because none of it was concrete yet. From OD to Delivery date, it was only 14 days - so I had to move quick

Reactions: bubohoot