Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at other post online 3 front cameras (although the passenger side might be a dummy camera) and the different side pods for cameras is what others are saying identifies HW4. Be that true or not I can't say for sure.
Pretty sure this is the new side pods though.
I can't find anything else either way.
I guess unless you tear into the dash and find the computer is not really confirmed.
It likely says it somewhere in the software.

Last edited:
Looking at other post online 3 front cameras (although the passenger side might be a dummy camera) and the different side pods for cameras is what others are saying identifies HW4. Be that true or not I can't say for sure.
Pretty sure this is the new side pods though.
I can't find anything else either way.
I guess unless you tear into the dash and find the computer is not really confirmed.
Your picture is HW3. Here is what HW4 looks like

Attachments

• Fw_vHziacAEy6Ju.jpg
    Fw_vHziacAEy6Ju.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: retbesla
people have been getting the message for months, pretty sure its already been confirmed that multiple people who got the message did not also get HW4. It could be happening now, however. You never know. I'm sure at some point they've decided to add hw4 and after a certain vin all will have HW4, which sounds like is happening now, but i'm skeptical still because I've already seen some people suggesting they have HW4 based on details that to me dont mean its HW4.
I’m waiting dor
SA messaged me back, said "Your car is still inbound. Looks like it is expected to arrive June 1"
Now I'm really stoked! Anyone have an idea of how far in advance delivery appointments get scheduled, and/or how soon after it arrives you can actually pick it up?
Might depend on your location. I got my VIN yesterday and first availability was Monday May 29.

I got the message for sure. My bf is adamant it’s HW4 and guy at Tesla confirmed it but I’ll check out the

I definitely got the message. The lenses are bigger it seems and the viewpoint from the cameras in the car is wider than before. This is my 2nd model Y in 8 months lol. My husband is adamant it’s HW4 but I’m not too sure to be honest lol

@priscilla5 , you have HW3 based on the pic that you posted. Here's the difference side by side. I circled in RED the biggest telling feature. That "strip" above the lens is shorter on the HW4.

Capture.PNG

If that side camera really is the "tell", then every single new car on the lot for pickup today was HW3, mine included.

I asked one of the friendly TA/OA and they said there is nothing that will easily identify if it's HW 3 or 4...

The side camera being a telltale sign of HW4 is not only by the presence of it. You do need to look at it closely. If you closely, you can clearly tell a difference between a side camera on HW3 and HW4.

Oye. Hoping I don’t get too many prolonged EDD. Wondering if it’s due to being a seven seater? My thumb hurts from refreshing so much. 🤣

MYLR
White
7 seat black interior
Induction wheels
No tow hitch
OD: May 14
EDD1: 5/19 - 5/25
EDD2: 5/26 - 6/9
EDD3: 6/1 a 6/15
VIN: nothing yet

Oye. Hoping I don’t get too many prolonged EDD. Wondering if it’s due to being a seven seater? My thumb hurts from refreshing so much. 🤣

MYLR
White
7 seat black interior
Induction wheels
No tow hitch
OD: May 14
EDD1: 5/19 - 5/25
EDD2: 5/26 - 6/9
EDD3: 6/1 a 6/15
VIN: nothing yet
Also. Where do you tell I. The app if you have a vin?

MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN: May 22
Manufactured: May 22 Freemont
Denver, CO
Immediately after this update, i got a message to schedule delivery. The app only allows me to schedule delivery on June 2 and 3. I am traveling (without mobile service) june 1,2,3 returning the 4th.

Reactions: retbesla