Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife ordered on 5/17 and no updates either as of this morning. Not sure why some orders get updates within a day and others sit for weeks.

MYLR
Grey
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 17
ODD: June-July
VIN: None
Usually it's a car in inventory somewhere or a cancelled order during assembly or something like that.

Last i saw they're backed up on everything into early august at this point (even though the site says June-July, you can probably safely bet August). The "trade in" team I know is largely a week or more behind (took them 3 to finalize my trade). I suspect they're getting more orders than they anticipated from the price drops and tax incentives.

Reactions: jonjon09
Updated EDD last week to June 15- June 30.

Tesla has an uncomprehensible method of completing orders. My OD 03/22, red LR with white 5 seat, 19 in wheels, with tow, several EDDs - latest June 24 - 30 in Baltimore (and I have an out of state trip booked 25 June thru 10 July) JethroXP reported on this forum that he ordered same as I about one month later on 04/19 with VIN on 05/23 and expected delivery on 05/29 in Duvail WA ? The Waiting for Tesla website shows sever available LR red white 7 seat available around the country which were built in the May 21 - May 24 time frame. On a positive note, hopefully it will have HW4 when I get it.

Tesla has an uncomprehensible method of completing orders. My OD 03/22, red LR with white 5 seat, 19 in wheels, with tow, several EDDs - latest June 24 - 30 in Baltimore (and I have an out of state trip booked 25 June thru 10 July) JethroXP reported on this forum that he ordered same as I about one month later on 04/19 with VIN on 05/23 and expected delivery on 05/29 in Duvail WA ? The Waiting for Tesla website shows sever available LR red white 7 seat available around the country which were built in the May 21 - May 24 time frame. On a positive note, hopefully it will have HW4 when I get it.
how is this possible??

For all of you that have ordered a MYLR and are wondering why you are still waiting, the long range wait takes MUCH longer than a performance model. Just look at how many of us who ordered in April and even March still don’t have a VIN, let alone a delivery schedule.

When I started my wait, someone said they give build priority to the more expensive models, to show stockholders more immediate profit. He was right, as best I can tell.

Reactions: retbesla