Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the 3 digits following F or A in your vin toward the end? There is a link to a Reddit post toward the end of the April waiting room where someone who owns a bodyshop is looking up vins for people. He can tell your car specs from that including hw4 or 3. He looked up mine for me.
Could you re-post the reddit link? I can't find it.
Thanks!

What’s the 3 digits following F or A in your vin toward the end? There is a link to a Reddit post toward the end of the April waiting room where someone who owns a bodyshop is looking up vins for people. He can tell your car specs from that including hw4 or 3. He looked up mine for me.
I'm fairly certain it has HW4 as my Vin is in the 9600s.. but wanted to ask just to ask..was 80% sure I'd get that response..

Well from what everybody has gathered, it is how your cameras look. Can you take a pic?
Something I’ve noticed. The camera has the red glow (especially if active) and the outer lens housing has a shorter signal lamp length than the original and the housing as well is molded differently. The main thing everyone skips however is that the fender ripple molding that ectends from the camera housing well into the driver and passenger side door, whereas before the ripple or curve stops before the door.

Reactions: Nurse.SLANG
Should be HW4, did you try contacting your SA. I am so nervous after my first update, HW4, Panel Gaps , ceramic coat all these are making my head spin:( !
Yeah - the problem is the forums amplify the bad and make bigger issues seem greater than they are. People don't typically make posts about how good something is so it starts to build a stigma in the community... I'm hoping the build is acceptable as well.. but I'm sure it will be and those outliers are just one in a few..

Reactions: illusion
Hi Nurse, I was wondering does yours being HW4 have the body fender indentation that moves into the door panel as well? This would be the indentation in the fender body that surrounds the side cameras on either side. If so can you show with pics?
IMG_7335.jpeg

IMG_7336.jpeg