Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: retbesla
If I have an assigned VIN and a delivery window (not a date, window of 1 week, no date scheduled) and for some reason I decide to cancel the purchase I understand I will loose the 250$ order fee but will they also charge me shipping/destination fee etc since I cancelled after the VIN was given? I just wanted to know the options in case.
I did just that a few days ago. I lost the $250, nothing more.

The cons you don’t hear besides price is that it’s fairly easy for the installer to leave imperfections that look worse than no ppf and then any rock chips you get on the ppf will still leave a mark on the ppf so your car still looks bad after awhile and then your left with the choice of paying thousands more to replace it at some point.
You’re right. PPF is actually pretty crap. I’d rather touch up a paint chip than pay another $2k to rewrap a bumper because that PPF will show that damage forever until you replace it. I’d rather drive the car at its best than keep it protected for the next buyer to have it at its best when they remove the film. It’s like people who protect their couches with plastic 🤷‍♂️

If I have an assigned VIN and a delivery window (not a date, window of 1 week, no date scheduled) and for some reason I decide to cancel the purchase I understand I will loose the 250$ order fee but will they also charge me shipping/destination fee etc since I cancelled after the VIN was given? I just wanted to know the options in case.
I received a VIN, scheduled delivery for this weekend, and ended up canceling the order. Only lost the $250 deposit.

An interesting FYI about HW4 and VINs. I saw an inventory MYP show up today in my region and asked my SA for the VIN (which he kindly gave me). I had the insider guy on reddit check it, and it turned out to have HW4. The VIN was F7874xx, which is MUCH lower than widely reported for the Fremont HW4 transition. I suspect the original VIN owner released the car thinking it was HW3. Unfortunately, by the time I learned it was HW4, the car had been scooped up. Still awaiting my own HW3 delivery...
Who is this insider guy and how to get in touch with him on Reddit?

MYLR Gray 7 Seater 19” Gemini
OD- 05/06
ODD- May to June 2023
1st EDD (5/15): 05/29-06/26
No Vin yet

Long Island, NY

UPDATE:
2nd EDD (5/28)- 06/02-06/16

Delivery task for “final payment due” appeared yesterday.
UPDATE:

Woke up to VIN being assigned (sent 3AM EST)
3rd EDD (6/3)- 06/17-06/24
Task to add insurance appeared.

We’re not worried about HW3 vs HW4, but for those that are curious, VIN PF796.

Hoping our EDD updates to a sooner date for delivery!

Reactions: retbesla