Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3209.jpeg

Took delivery today. Close up of hw4 camera.. will take better pics later.. but coming from a stage 1 cls 550.. it’s such a different experience lmao.. will take some getting used to.. but happy so far! Can’t wait to tint and ceramic coat on Monday!

Attachments

• IMG_0635.jpeg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    444.5 KB · Views: 72
Wow. So, the Rep in the event - Get to know your next step in Teams seminar said the wrong info to me. Homelink is one of items in my checklist. I asked if I can pre-schedule to get the HomeLink installed before my delivery day, and someone from Tesla in the event said that the new Tesla MY already includes it and I don’t have to request to install it separately…. Anyway, no big deal. I can ask for the installation and pay for it then. Throw this item back to my checklist again.
The Home Link module costs $350 and includes s/h to the service center and installation.

https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-3_y-automatic-garage-opener

Reactions: TJ2000
The Home Link module costs $350 and includes s/h to the service center and installation.

https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-3_y-automatic-garage-opener
Yes. Thanks. I saw the info before ordering my car. And It’s why I asked Tesla Rep in the event and plan to get it installed when/before I pick up from the site where the service center is. After I heard what he/she said in the official event, I don’t even Google or ask others again until today. :(

Well, I won’t get it installed, but wait until I agree to accept the car.

Reactions: pkmody
I guess it depends on location. In Texas, it has to be completely paid for before delivery and no test drive at all. I've heard that some delivery centers won't even let you open the doors until you accept the car in the app.
I hope the delivery is free of drama, but I am less than comfortable paying for a car that I have not checked out / inspected.
The test drive and f2f process was good, but the communication since has been really poor. Feels like they work in the shadows, with a 510 area code TxT / SMS "keep alive", days pass before questions are answered, and many on this site calling out quality issues on delivery and weeks to schedule a service appointment to resolve problems that were present at delivery.
It is, what it is - looking fwd to wrapping this process up.

I hope the delivery is free of drama, but I am less than comfortable paying for a car that I have not checked out / inspected.
The test drive and f2f process was good, but the communication since has been really poor. Feels like they work in the shadows, with a 510 area code TxT / SMS "keep alive", days pass before questions are answered, and many on this site calling out quality issues on delivery and weeks to schedule a service appointment to resolve problems that were present at delivery.
It is, what it is - looking fwd to wrapping this process up.
It is prudent to insist on inspection prior to payment. It is a normal and perfectly fine thing to ask for.

Reactions: mark02115
Sorry if others have already posted this exact question but does anyone know definitively that I don't have to submit my final payment until I inspect the car? I live in Texas, I know someone asked if it varies by state so thought I'd mention that. Also, my credit union has already sent them a check for most of the car, the only thing pending is my 10K downpayment. In this case, does it even matter anymore? Feel like I should just pay the rest considering the bank already paid a large chunk (I didn't seem to have a choice on waiting). I was told no payments can be accepted at the service center during delivery. Thanks in advance!

Sorry if others have already posted this exact question but does anyone know definitively that I don't have to submit my final payment until I inspect the car? I live in Texas, I know someone asked if it varies by state so thought I'd mention that. Also, my credit union has already sent them a check for most of the car, the only thing pending is my 10K downpayment. In this case, does it even matter anymore? Feel like I should just pay the rest considering the bank already paid a large chunk (I didn't seem to have a choice on waiting). I was told no payments can be accepted at the service center during delivery. Thanks in advance!
They called and texted asking how I will be paying my final payment. I told them I will pay after inspecting the vehicle. Once I did, which truly wasn’t even that thorough because there wasn’t anything wrong, I showed the lady helping me that I paid through plaid on the app and they had me start my delivery day portion (the last tab on the app) and the whole process took maybe a couple minutes? Sooooooo many people picking up cars where I was though (Burbank, ca), it was a lot to take in haha

Sooooooo many people picking up cars where I was though (Burbank, ca), it was a lot to take in haha

Our local store was packed yesterday as well. They said they had ~30 scheduled deliveries (same amount of scheduled test drives as well).

Our pickup went smoothly, only one minor issue that I was already somewhat expecting. The spoiler on the left side of the trunk wasn’t adhered. Mobile service will fix it next week at our house.

Everything else looked great, black paint included. My wife and I couldn’t find anything that stood out to us. Really enjoying the Performance model so far!