Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP
Midnight Silver
5 Seat Black Interior
OD: May 16
ODD: June - July
EDD: June 12 - June 30
VIN: N/A
Delivery Location: Fife, WA

Originally ordered WHITE seats, but changed to BLACK on 5/28… no change to my EDD

Changed delivery location from LYNNWOOD to FIFE on 05/27… no change to EDD
Update: EDD2 June 5th - June 17th (today)
Also changed my delivery location from Fife to Seattle, not sure if that had any effect on my delivery time

Update (!!): changed color from white to red today and delivery update from June - July to 31May - 9June

MYLR
Red
7 Seat Black Interior
20" Induction (still debating if is should order the 19" instead & sell off to buy aftermarket 19" in black color)
Tow Hitch
OD: May 27 (changed color from white to red May 31)
ODD: 31 May - 9 June
EDD: awaited
VIN: awaited

Dates revised
MYLR
Red
7 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
Tow Hitch
OD: May 27 (changed color from white to red May 31)
ODD: 31 May - 9 June
EDD: 16 June - 30 June
VIN: awaited

MYP Red/White
Tow
OD: 5/26/23 (Configuration change 5/27/23)
ODD: Jun-Jul
EDD: June 15 - June 30 (June 5)
VIN: TBD

My first Tesla. Originally ordered MYLR White/White on 5/26, but decided to upgrade to MYP Red/White the very next day. Waiting for an estimate on my trade-in.
Received my first EDD update today. Also, my wall charger was delivered today so made an appointment to have it installed Wednesday morning.

Picked up on Sunday. Went to the local park at sunset with my Fiancee today to get a couple pics. Delivery was awesome and car was nearly flawless. Only issue is there was a front dash panel that was not clipped in all the way. The car is amazing! Worth the wait!

DSC07143 (1).jpg
DSC07125 (1).jpg

Picked up on Sunday. Went to the local park at sunset with my Fiancee today to get a couple pics. Delivery was awesome and car was nearly flawless. Only issue is there was a front dash panel that was not clipped in all the way. The car is amazing! Worth the wait!

View attachment 944315View attachment 944316
Very nice! Also went for the MYP, mostly for the looks (and 0-60, ok fine). Love the Uberturbines with the red calipers. The look of this car is really growing on me.

I have had a M3LR for almost 5 years, so I am used to Tesla's awesomeness.

Does anyone know if you need to specify that you want to pick the car up at a delivery center? Should I contact an SA? Will that speed up the process at all?
What seems to be slowing most MYLR orders as of late is a back log of white seat interiors. Tesla fans / experts online ‘ YouTube have been reporting late July for the BO inventory to catch up. This is also why some people tend to see with certain configs lesser VIN #’s than orders that were made earlier, as inventory vehicles may end up sitting on lot after initial build date until a specific component is reached and installed in each awaiting Tesla build. This can be anything from chipsets to white seats etc..

Does anyone know if you need to specify that you want to pick the car up at a delivery center? Should I contact an SA? Will that speed up the process at all?
I don’t know this is true. But I texted an SA telling him that I have waited almost for a month (my od is also 5/5) and received a helpless answer from him at the same day. Then next day he texted me asking about trade in and I answered I don’t have. Then the next day (yesterday) I received a VIN built yesterday with HW4 and matrix headlights!!! So I think it is worth to shout to SA~

Reactions: retbesla
I don’t know this is true. But I texted an SA telling him that I have waited almost for a month (my od is also 5/5) and received a helpless answer from him at the same day. Then next day he texted me asking about trade in and I answered I don’t have. Then the next day (yesterday) I received a VIN built yesterday with HW4 and matrix headlights!!! So I think it is worth to shout to SA~
Thanks for that advice! I’ll try that. Hoping to get it sooner than my EDD since I’d be picking up from Fremont. But at this point, who knows 😅

Reactions: TJ2000
What seems to be slowing most MYLR orders as of late is a back log of white seat interiors. Tesla fans / experts online ‘ YouTube have been reporting late July for the BO inventory to catch up. This is also why some people tend to see with certain configs lesser VIN #’s than orders that were made earlier, as inventory vehicles may end up sitting on lot after initial build date until a specific component is reached and installed in each awaiting Tesla build. This can be anything from chipsets to white seats etc..
Interesting. When seeing those early VIN#, I thought they’re most likely the rejected vehicles then re-assigned.

Reactions: Alonzo
Silver
5 Seat Black Interior
19” Geminis
OD: May 28
ODD: May - Jun
ODD 2: Jun - Jul (updated on Jun 1st)
EDD: TBD

I completed most of the tasks except the final payment. Does anyone know that if I made it earlier, will I be able to get one sooner? Since I put a larger down payment ($14k), so I don't want to lose my interest income (4.50%) for 1-2 months...
Date Revised

MYLR - Silver
5 Seat Black Interior
19” Geminis
EDD: Jun 14 - Jun 30 ( updated on Jun 5th)

I guess I answered my question that the unpaid final payment would not affect the EDD. However, now I am more concerned about another car that should I trade in with Tesla or Carvana, which Carvana provides a better price but need to make a trip and am not sure how long will it take to get that done... Has anyone had any experience to do with Carvana trade-in?

Date Revised

MYLR - Silver
5 Seat Black Interior
19” Geminis
EDD: Jun 14 - Jun 30 ( updated on Jun 5th)

I guess I answered my question that the unpaid final payment would not affect the EDD. However, now I am more concerned about another car that should I trade in with Tesla or Carvana, which Carvana provides a better price but need to make a trip and am not sure how long will it take to get that done... Has anyone had any experience to do with Carvana trade-in?
My friends have and it was a pretty good experience for them.