Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume the SA can push it along much easier if there is already a pending delivery opposed to someone still waiting on a VIN
How do I get a SA? I got a VIN number today. I have received at least a dozen texts and half a dozen emails regarding my order, and no two have come from the same person. I'd like someone I can identify with in repeated communications.

Thanks.

How do I get a SA? I got a VIN number today. I have received at least a dozen texts and half a dozen emails regarding my order, and no two have come from the same person. I'd like someone I can identify with in repeated communications.

Thanks.
From what I am hearing and reading, there is no such thing as a "dedicated" SA, even if it sometimes sounds like it when people say "contacted my SA".

Picked up my wife's Y this afternoon (rescheduled from Tuesday). All went well - HW3 as expected. Only negatives were they forgot to wipe some dirt/dust off the interior hatch plastic trim (easily wiped off myself at home) and a few tiny rock chips in the driver side headlight and 1 tiny one on the front bumper. They said they would fix/replace for free if noted so we did but I am very reluctant to actually let them do it because I've had bad experiences with the Charlotte, NC service manager and my wife seems much less bothered about it than me.
Overall, shocked that we got one this soon, I was expecting end of June! Tons of Ys being picked up today.

GL to all and may you all get HW4!

I ordered on May 31. I got a VIN yesterday. I don't want the unit they have selected for me, built on May 9. What can I do to delay delivery to another unit, reject this one, etc.? What is the procedure?

I don't understand why they've assigned an inventory unit to me, especially since I've passed on inventory units in the past.

I ordered on May 31. I got a VIN yesterday. I don't want the unit they have selected for me, built on May 9. What can I do to delay delivery to another unit, reject this one, etc.? What is the procedure?

I don't understand why they've assigned an inventory unit to me, especially since I've passed on inventory units in the past.
Not much to understand, they fill your order as expeditiously as possible. You can order a vehicle by model and options. You cannot apply other preferences like when it gets built, or where.

If you want to pass on this vehicle and hope the next one is more to your likely, then you can call tesla at 18885183752, select vehicle sales. Tell the rep you want to pass on the VIN allocated and put your order on hold. You are allowed to put the order on hold once, for a maximum of 14 days. In my case they texted me and I had to reply with the word "hold" to confirm my intention. Then in the app the VIN assigned is removed and instead says your order is on hold with no further holds allowed.

Reactions: Alonzo
Not much to understand, they fill your order as expeditiously as possible. You can order a vehicle by model and options. You cannot apply other preferences like when it gets built, or where.

If you want to pass on this vehicle and hope the next one is more to your likely, then you can call tesla at 18885183752, select vehicle sales. Tell the rep you want to pass on the VIN allocated and put your order on hold. You are allowed to put the order on hold once, for a maximum of 14 days. In my case they texted me and I had to reply with the word "hold" to confirm my intention. Then in the app the VIN assigned is removed and instead says your order is on hold with no further holds allowed.
Thanks for your response and instructions on how to delay the order.

I understand I can't specify when it gets built, etc. The part I don't understand is that there have been thousands of orders between May 9 and May 31, some of which are bound to have been the same as mine. How is it that this one is available for me and not someone ahead of me in the queue?

Since I've ordered, I've received numerous messages encouraging me to buy an inventory unit, and I've declined. So, they just assign me one anyway.

Thanks for your response and instructions on how to delay the order.

I understand I can't specify when it gets built, etc. The part I don't understand is that there have been thousands of orders between May 9 and May 31, some of which are bound to have been the same as mine. How is it that this one is available for me and not someone ahead of me in the queue?

Since I've ordered, I've received numerous messages encouraging me to buy an inventory unit, and I've declined. So, they just assign me one anyway.
Why does 1 set of random numbers win the lottery and the rest don't? Your order was somehow next when that unit was assigned/reassigned. They aren't taking your preference into account. Its that simple. You can pass on the car and wait for the next one and hopefully it will align with your preferences. This probably won't help you feel better about it, but the order experience for a company like Toyota is far, far worse. Basically, you buy what they decide to build for your region and its very likely you never get what you want exactly.

Reactions: Alonzo
HW4 ?

Same configuration as yours but white interior and tow hitch. Strange my order date was 05/18 .
Have you received your VIN?

I think yes based on the some blog and videos I looked. When I took test drive,SR was cleared that new tesla Y are not coming with any sensor and instead those will have Tesla vision and based on my theory if your car is equipped with Tesla vision. It should be HW4 otherwise they have to provide sensor with HW3. Please correct if anyone have any thoughts on it.

Other-thing I would like to mention here that when they released my vin number in my account. There was some warning sign related the same(TeslaVision). And they asked me to review the change and accept for delievery.

Attaching some picture here.

Attachments

• IMG_5741.jpeg
    IMG_5741.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5742.jpeg
    IMG_5742.jpeg
    467.4 KB · Views: 54
Update!

MYLR
Black
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 5
ODD: May - June
EDD1: June 18 - June 30 (May 12)
EDD2: June 15 - June 30 (May 29)
VIN: None

Update – VIN assigned!

MYLR
Black
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
EDD3: June 19 - June 26 (June 5)

VIN: June 5

Reactions: AbblePC and TJ2000
Have you received your VIN?

I think yes based on the some blog and videos I looked. When I took test drive,SR was cleared that new tesla Y are not coming with any sensor and instead those will have Tesla vision and based on my theory if your car is equipped with Tesla vision. It should be HW4 otherwise they have to provide sensor with HW3. Please correct if anyone have any thoughts on it.

Other-thing I would like to mention here that when they released my vin number in my account. There was some warning sign related the same(TeslaVision). And they asked me to review the change and accept for delievery.

Attaching some picture here.
No Vin yet and it seems the warning was for both HW3 and HW4 . If I end up getting the HW4 as well then I can just say that we got extremely lucky as many people were predicting for the change to happen as late as end of this year. I generally keep cars and this car if It serves me well will be kept for a long time and might be passed on to my son if he goes to college :) !

Why does 1 set of random numbers win the lottery and the rest don't? Your order was somehow next when that unit was assigned/reassigned. They aren't taking your preference into account. Its that simple. You can pass on the car and wait for the next one and hopefully it will align with your preferences. This probably won't help you feel better about it, but the order experience for a company like Toyota is far, far worse. Basically, you buy what they decide to build for your region and its very likely you never get what you want exactly.
Make sense.

I called them and discussed this with Tesla sales associate. He repeated what you told me. He said that the VIN I was assigned was most likely a cancelled order, may have been rejected.

I changed exterior color, which will remove that VIN and put me in line again. I may use the "hold" in the future. I really want the better cameras, think it will add future value to the car. Not a deal breaker, but maybe delaying will get me lucky.

Thanks again for your patient responses.

Update – VIN assigned!

MYLR
Black
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
EDD3: June 19 - June 26 (June 5)

VIN: June 5
Would you mind sharing if you got a Fremont or Austin made MYLR? It should have either PA or PF in the VIN