Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. I've done that. That's no trade in. That's just selling one car and buying another. Trade-in has tax advantages in many States.
Correct florida has trade in advantages so even If I am quoted less with sales tax savings and convenience it might just be worth it . Question - if they quote a lot less can we show carvana. Carmax quotes and ask them to match ? Do they listen ?

Correct florida has trade in advantages so even If I am quoted less with sales tax savings and convenience it might just be worth it . Question - if they quote a lot less can we show carvana. Carmax quotes and ask them to match ? Do they listen ?
I couldn't get them to change. They said "trade values are not negotiable". I did Carvana, KBB, Vroom, and only one value was high enough to beat the trade amount (including the tax savings). The issue was, it was only 200 more, and that would have forced me to drive 2 cars to pick up my Model Y 300 miles away in Jacksonville since I would have to leave my trade in. Wasn't worth it for me.

I've read on these forums that Tesla will sometimes match, but it's not consistent and YMMV.

It seems that Tesla employees have lot's of discretion in some matters, including trade-ins. I was told yesterday by a sales associate that each delivery center was allowed to set their own rules about how much help to give during delivery. Some allow you to inspect the interior of the car before accepting and others don't. That sounds more like a dealership than a billion dollar corporation which claims to present a painless, transparent, and seamless transfer in buying their vehicles. I would think there would be company-wide rules on these issues.

Reactions: pkmody
Looks like many people ordered in the 2nd half of May received their first delivery date update today. Here's mine:

OD: May 18th
ODD: June/July
EDD1 (5/31/2023): Jun 13th- Jun 30th
out of blue I got assigned a VIN, pretty sure it's a previously rejected one PF789538. I'm not going to take delivery until July 1st anyway due to new Colorado EV incentive, so will reject.

I don’t know this is true. But I texted an SA telling him that I have waited almost for a month (my od is also 5/5) and received a helpless answer from him at the same day. Then next day he texted me asking about trade in and I answered I don’t have. Then the next day (yesterday) I received a VIN built yesterday with HW4 and matrix headlights!!! So I think it is worth to shout to SA~
What's your vin without the last 3 digits? Austin or Fremont build? I just got vin yesterday for austin build, trying to figure out if it's HW4. Would appreciate your help!

How funny! Two weeks ago I asked Tesla for a trade-in value as I was considering ordering a Model Y. They responded with $33,900 to $36,500. I ordered on May 31. Today, I received an offer from Tesla for the trade-in at $32,500. My vehicle is perfect, nothing in the photos showed any different. KBB just offered $35,900. Tesla doesn't want trade-ins. :)

Reactions: pkmody