Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right on!!! How do you know it's on the lot? That's kinda cool. Can't they let you come get it sooner? Hell, I'd much rather pick mine up sooner, so I don't have to go all the way up to Carlsbad on a weekday.. . . gonna be a $90 Uber. . . lol
I got a text message from a SA this morning. She was wondering if I wanted to pick it up today since it’s already on their lot. Unfortunately I can’t pick it up until the 11th.😬😬😬😬😬

MYLR Gray 7 Seater 19” Gemini
OD- 05/06
ODD- May to June 2023
1st EDD (5/15): 05/29-06/26
No Vin yet

Long Island, NY

UPDATE:
2nd EDD (5/28)- 06/02-06/16

Delivery task for “final payment due” appeared yesterday.

UPDATE:

Woke up to VIN being assigned (sent 3AM EST)
3rd EDD (6/3)- 06/17-06/24
Task to add insurance appeared.

We’re not worried about HW3 vs HW4, but for those that are curious, VIN PF796.

Hoping our EDD updates to a sooner date for delivery!

UPDATE:

Reached out to our SA via text and they confirmed Matrix headlights and build date of 6/2.

Didn’t bother asking about HW4 because we couldn’t care less lol. Tbh when we ordered, we didn’t have any concern for the hardware. Whether HW3 or HW4, we were confident with its safety and features :)
UPDATE:

Received a text this morning (6/8) at 9:01 AM EST asking to schedule delivery! Earliest was for 6/17 but scheduled for 6/18.

Hoping all goes well on delivery/pick up day!

In regards to trade-in, Tesla definitely low balls. So far, CarMax has given the best offer.

Reactions: TJ2000 and pkmody
@travie - when you mention your SA, is that the person you are speaking with via the Tesla phone number and/or via the text messages? Or are you actually talking to the Service Department at the location your vehicle is going to be delivered to and they were able to share that detail with you? Thanks.
Just the person I've been speaking with via the Tesla phone number through text messages

Reactions: Tazman81
I got a text message from a SA this morning. She was wondering if I wanted to pick it up today since it’s already on their lot. Unfortunately I can’t pick it up until the 11th.😬😬😬😬😬
Just got moved up from 6/12 to 6/10! Sent a text telling them that if my car arrives and anything opens up sooner, I'd be happy to move my delivery date up. Got a text right back saying my car is scheduled to arrive tomorrow night (6/9) and if it arrives on time, I can pick up on Saturday (6/10)!! Never hurts to ask!!!

Update 6/7
MYLR
Blue 5 seat black
Hitch
Ordered 5/1/23
EDD "May-June" 6/5-6/30 6/8-6/17 5/30-6/8 6/8/23 appointment
VIN assigned 5/22 (Fremont)
Savannah GA

SA called today and said "we could get you in today if you can make it!" but given that I'm currently at work, would have to go home, get the family, go by the bank, and then drive into town with a seven year old having a bad behavior day... yeah, we'll just go with our original appointment tomorrow...

I was amused by the doctor's office style "press 1 to confirm your appointment, press 2 to reschedule" robocall 😁

Gotta admit I'm both excited and a little nervous--this is my first new vehicle purchase in many years and the most expensive by a fair amount. Haven't had a car payment for a good while....
Took delivery yesterday! Found out that even if they do everything on their end you can't hit "accept delivery" until 30 minutes before the scheduled time (we got there an hour early, because the bank and lunch didn't take as long as expected). And looks like HW3 which I was expecting. The lady at the service center was very nice and we got to poke over everything inside and out before hitting accept.

Just a couple really minor tiny paint scratches but honestly I'm not worrying about them--I have a seven year old and he'll probably run into it with his bike or something soon anyway, or I'll hit it with my computer bag in the parking lot, and a few days of commuting across interstate construction will do the rest. The trunk and frunk are maybe about .050 offset to the side but I don't care.

Had to reboot phone and car once or twice to get the Bluetooth to connect for media but after that all was good. Using the Drive app on watch to get in with the phone stashed away also worked. Charged about 2% at home yesterday just to make sure it worked. TACC is freaky and takes some getting used to; only tried autosteer once and it freaked out when I took my hands off to stretch for a moment.

Biggest outstanding issue right now is getting my wife added as a driver; we're getting the "account incompatibility" error in the app when she goes to accept the invitation :mad: It looks like none of the previous means of getting help for this (chat, phone) is still there so I submitted a support request. We'll see if it works. (edit: I texted the SA and they gave me a direct email address for support--maybe that'll work faster?)

Also got the mini dash display installed for the wife but honestly I'd kinda like to take it back out. It blocks the "blast my face" air conditioning vent. The button for dropping regen seems to work so maybe she'll be ok with that at least...

Now I just need to mod the subtrunk for the spare and I'll be good to go. Also gonna try to make my own RFID fob from an extra keycard so I can keep it on a normal keychain as a backup, instead of in the wallet that I'd like to be able to lock in the car. Sometimes I go to events and such that don't allow electronics... like tomorrow, when I'm heading up to Charleston for the day.

Last edited:
Took delivery yesterday! Found out that even if they do everything on their end you can't hit "accept delivery" until 30 minutes before the scheduled time (we got there an hour early, because the bank and lunch didn't take as long as expected). And looks like HW3 which I was expecting. The lady at the service center was very nice and we got to poke over everything inside and out before hitting accept.

Just a couple really minor tiny paint scratches but honestly I'm not worrying about them--I have a seven year old and he'll probably run into it with his bike or something soon anyway, or I'll hit it with my computer bag in the parking lot, and a few days of commuting across interstate construction will do the rest. The trunk and frunk are maybe about .050 offset to the side but I don't care.

Had to reboot phone and car once or twice to get the Bluetooth to connect for media but after that all was good. Using the Drive app on watch to get in with the phone stashed away also worked. Charged about 2% at home yesterday just to make sure it worked. TACC is freaky and takes some getting used to; only tried autosteer once and it freaked out when I took my hands off to stretch for a moment.

Biggest outstanding issue right now is getting my wife added as a driver; we're getting the "account incompatibility" error in the app when she goes to accept the invitation :mad: It looks like none of the previous means of getting help for this (chat, phone) is still there so I submitted a support request. We'll see if it works.

Also got the mini dash display installed for the wife but honestly I'd kinda like to take it back out. It blocks the "blast my face" air conditioning vent. The button for dropping regen seems to work so maybe she'll be ok with that at least...

Now I just need to mod the subtrunk for the spare and I'll be good to go. Also gonna try to make my own RFID fob from an extra keycard so I can keep it on a normal keychain as a backup, instead of in the wallet that I'd like to be able to lock in the car. Sometimes I go to events and such that don't allow electronics... like tomorrow, when I'm heading up to Charleston for the day.
Why do you want to disable regen ?

Why do you want to disable regen ?
Wife insists she's very uncomfortable with the standard regen even though she did fine on the test drive. I think eventually I'll win her over and I'll be able to use the button for something else. (I have come to love the regen after a day of driving around)

I really didn't like it either on my first Tesla drive in a friend's M3, but it was a small concession to her in order to get a Tesla instead of a Prius. In reality I'll be driving it 99% of the time.

I think her other concern is about going from the MY back to an ICE vehicle. Driving itself is enough of a challenge for her...

Today my VIN was assigned.

MYLR Red/White/5 seats/19-inch wheels/No Tow
Order date: 05/17/2023.
EDD1: May 28 - June 11.
EDD2: June - July (Updated May 28)
EDD3: June 17 - June 30 (Updated May 31)
VIN received: June 9 (PF800XXX)
EDD4: June 10 - June 17.
Location - LA County.

Reactions: TJ2000 and AbblePC
Same here... been watching others, still waiting for a VIN on mine as well.

MYLR
Blue
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 1
ODD: May - June
EDD1: May 31 - June 30
EDD2: June 6 - June 30
EDD3: June 8 - June 22
VIN: TBD

Update (6/9):
EDD4: June 10 - June 24
VIN still TBD

Was expecting the one day bump as it isn't the 8th anymore, but perhaps the fact they deliberately bumped 2 days out as a step may be a good sign something is about to move...

Wife insists she's very uncomfortable with the standard regen even though she did fine on the test drive. I think eventually I'll win her over and I'll be able to use the button for something else. (I have come to love the regen after a day of driving around)

I really didn't like it either on my first Tesla drive in a friend's M3, but it was a small concession to her in order to get a Tesla instead of a Prius. In reality I'll be driving it 99% of the time.

I think her other concern is about going from the MY back to an ICE vehicle. Driving itself is enough of a challenge for her...

Congrats on getting your MY!

From previous ownership experience, it took a day or two to acclimate to the regen and one pedal drive, but it's actually my favorite feature now. Very little brake wear/usage to go along with it. It is true that switching back and forth to ICE vehicles feels weird when you're used to the one pedal - have to remember to use the brake pedal!

Reactions: TJ2000

Biggest outstanding issue right now is getting my wife added as a driver; we're getting the "account incompatibility" error in the app when she goes to accept the invitation :mad: It looks like none of the previous means of getting help for this (chat, phone) is still there so I submitted a support request. We'll see if it works. (edit: I texted the SA and they gave me a direct email address for support--maybe that'll work faster?)

I think we too are going to have to figure out just how to arrange accounts for 2nd driver on both our Teslas as it is now we both share the same account on the mobile app, just for reason of being able to see the 2 cars (once we have the new MYP next week) as well the Tesla Solar Roof and Power Walls etc.. Otherwise I am uncertain that my wife if using her own Tesla account will only show her MYP and yet I will be able to see my MS + the Tesla roof.
If we instead add each other as drivers to each account log in, then perhaps we will still see all Tesla products within the mobile app And not just each others Tesla.

Congrats on getting your MY!

From previous ownership experience, it took a day or two to acclimate to the regen and one pedal drive, but it's actually my favorite feature now. Very little brake wear/usage to go along with it. It is true that switching back and forth to ICE vehicles feels weird when you're used to the one pedal - have to remember to use the brake pedal!
Another note to consider that even aware of how well regen works, is that when the battery is above 90% regen is not as effective as when below 80%, in fact no regen when battery at 100%. This is alarming when you expect regen once you are so used to it and in the winter with high battery percentage, be ready to use the brakes just in case its not there when expected.

Another note to consider that even aware of how well regen works, is that when the battery is above 90% regen is not as effective as when below 80%, in fact no regen when battery at 100%. This is alarming when you expect regen once you are so used to it and in the winter with high battery percentage, be ready to use the brakes just in case its not there when expected.
Luckily in a relatively recent update, they added the ability for the car to apply brakes to mimic regen when the battery level is high or in the winter when the battery hasn't warmed up yet.