Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR Gray 7 Seater 19” Gemini
OD- 05/06
ODD- May to June 2023
1st EDD (5/15): 05/29-06/26
No Vin yet

Long Island, NY
UPDATE:
2nd EDD (5/28)- 06/02-06/16

Delivery task for “final payment due” appeared yesterday.
UPDATE:

Woke up to VIN being assigned (sent 3AM EST)
3rd EDD (6/3)- 06/17-06/24
Task to add insurance appeared.

We’re not worried about HW3 vs HW4, but for those that are curious, VIN PF796.

Hoping our EDD updates to a sooner date for delivery!
UPDATE:

Reached out to our SA via text and they confirmed Matrix headlights and build date of 6/2.

Didn’t bother asking about HW4 because we couldn’t care less lol. Tbh when we ordered, we didn’t have any concern for the hardware. Whether HW3 or HW4, we were confident with its safety and features :)
UPDATE:

Received a text this morning (6/8) at 9:01 AM EST asking to schedule delivery! Earliest was for 6/17 but scheduled for 6/18.

Hoping all goes well on delivery/pick up day!

In regards to trade-in, Tesla definitely low balls. So far, CarMax has given the best offer.
We want back to CarMax to get another appraisal two weeks later bc the offer expired (we only went the first time to see how much they would offer while waiting for Tesla to send us a trade-in off). After we received the trade-in offer from Tesla, we quickly rejected it bc it was $3,900 less than what CarMax offered. This allowed us to have a game plan as far as what to expect with rental cars, drop offs, etc.

Anyway, the offer from CarMax went down $500 from the offer they gave two weeks prior. But, we decided to resubmit our trade-in to Tesla just to see if the offer would change. Submitted the offer 6/9 and heard back today (6/13) after our SA contacted the trade in team. The offer went up $2,300 from the first offer they sent! We were hoping for a certain value to at least even consider taking the trade-in over CarMax bc of the additional tax trade-in value we would receive. It ended up being more than what CarMax offered in total.

So, we rescheduled our pick up a day earlier for 6/17 since we don’t need to dedicate a day for dropping off the car to CarMax!

Reactions: retbesla and Alonzo
Update on my MSM MYP,
OD: 5/23, revised 5/27 (added tow hitch)
EDD still shows June 16-30. (Not yet revised)
Still no movement, no VIN yet.
No trade-in here.
Already have my UMC mounted up to Hubbel 9450a 14-50 plug (50A circuit).
Finally!
VIN: assigned 6/13, PF8089XX (yea yea HW4)
EDD 2: 6/26-6/30

I'm hoping that this window moves up, and that I can pick up the car next week. I'll be out of town during that EDD2 window.

Also, does anyone know how long it takes for the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) to show up in the app? My credit union needs that in order to move forward with payment to Tesla.

My balance showed negative since trade in was accepted last week until today, where it went to zero and the amount financed dropped by that same amount. Unless you are dealing with a situation where no *sugar* they owe you money, I would expect the same for you.
I'm dealing with a they definitely owe me money situation. It's only $1600, but I'll find out tomorrow I guess.

If it's a 'we'll send you a check' situation, then I might just schedule them to add a tow hitch and home link and call it a day.

Also, does anyone know how long it takes for the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) to show up in the app? My credit union needs that in order to move forward with payment to Tesla.

For me, it didn't show up until a few hours after scheduling delivery and a few texts to the SA. They said I needed to schedule delivery before it was available.

That’s so interesting. My SA was uploaded right after signing off on Tesla vision but I’m still a few weeks from delivery.
These SAs are funny. I got a message saying that I could and should upload my insurance information. When I go in the app, it's greyed out, and says that I can upload proof of insurance once a VIN has been provided.
So there are times when these SAs confuse the order of things ... 😄

That’s nuts. Is this standard? I’m paying cash and would be tempted to just tell them no.

I guess the only defense is I think they take ACH which would take a few days to clear.
I canceled my last MYP 3 days before delivery (2 weeks ago) to wait for hw4 and they didn't ask for anything before scheduling delivery. Idk if they're being stingy since West Covina is a newer location.

Thanks! So I uploaded my proof of insurance in the app, but the “Schedule delivery” section just says ”Check back later”. So how long does that take to light up?

I had an EDD of 6/15-6/22 and the schedule delivery option became available on 6/9, so 6 days prior to the first EDD for me (6/15-6/17 were the days I could choose). My situation was a little unique where I asked the SA if I could pick up on 6/19 or 6/14 if it was available early since I was going out of town. S/he had to schedule it on their end and get the MVPA to show up for me a few hours later.

I suspect the MVPA availability is different for each state and service center. I'm in MA and had a trade-in.

And soooo... HW4 since your VIN is over PA131+?
Ok. Picked up the MYLR at 5:00pm at the Houston Gallery (Cypress). About 15 others with same time slot. They had all cars parked inside, (currently Houston is 1,000 degrees) after a quick orientation talk, the cars where programed to do their light show at the same time. Pretty cool. My biggest fears were panel gaps and lack of HW4. Both quickly dissolved. Car was in great shape no gaps that I could see, no paint issues. Has HW4. Didn't check headlights close, I'm just assuming no Matrix since it came out of Austin. Very pleased overall. Came home and started installing all the crap I bought while waiting a month for the car. Now I have to come up with reasons to drive. Oh we need bread? I'll go get it, you relax honey.

Attachments

• Orientation s.jpg
    Orientation s.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 71
I had an EDD of 6/15-6/22 and the schedule delivery option became available on 6/9, so 6 days prior to the first EDD for me (6/15-6/17 were the days I could choose). My situation was a little unique where I asked the SA if I could pick up on 6/19 or 6/14 if it was available early since I was going out of town. S/he had to schedule it on their end and get the MVPA to show up for me a few hours later.

I suspect the MVPA availability is different for each state and service center. I'm in MA and had a trade-in.
Thx again. So are you picking up today or on 6/19? Just curious if I need to take the same route and message the 508 number to request an earlier pick up if possible.