Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my new MYLR red/white today in Richmond Va., Austin build. Fantastic experience. No panel gaps, paint was good, car was prepped great. One thing I wasn’t expecting. Vehicle came with Pirelli Scorpion 19” tires. I thought they all came with Continentals. Probably ran out and slapped on something else. Very happy so far, car drove great the 60 miles home to Williamsburg, even though ran into 2 big rainstorms on the way.
Congrats!

Reactions: ERD5406
Well it was a crazy last couple of days, trying to get this deal done before going on vacation. But the folks at Seattle Tesla made it work. After a quick scare about being delayed in transit, I was able to keep my original delivery window and picked up our blue/white LR. Only had one little scuff on the upper window pillar but they got it out with some polish. Now it’s home and I’m looking forward to the first full wash that I can do.

View attachment 950838
Gorgeous! My exact color scheme. Great minds think alike.

Reactions: bcs127
Finally it is my turn to pick up MYLR W/W. My originally scheduled pickup would be next Monday.

In crowded delivery area, 16 out of 23 are MY. 13 out 16 MY today is white exterior color. 3 out of 13 white MY, have no matrix, are either from Austin or without HW4. And more white MY are outsides waiting for the next hour’s delivery.

I was able to inspect the car in/out before signing all the papers. The battery is about 72% and I tested and charged onsite to 77%.

Except gaps in rear doors/trunk and some tiny items misplaced insides, overall mine is good.

With so many new cars onsite, I saw Fremont generally has better build quality.

Thanks all for staying with me in the past 48-days. Your assistance and courage really help me survive in such TDAD (Tesla Delivery Anxiety Disorder) days.

Good luck to all who are still waiting for MY. Wish you all get the good delivery in the next couple of days. And wish those in CO got the good ones right on July 1.

Enjoy!!!
Congrats! We all pulled each other through this. I am so happy with my purchase.

Reactions: retbesla
Date Revised

MYLR - Silver
5 Seat Black Interior
19” Geminis
OD: May 28
ODD: May - Jun
ODD 2: Jun - Jul (updated on Jun 1st)
EDD: Jun 14 - Jun 30 (updated on Jun 5th)
EDD 2: Jun 23 - Jun 30 (updated on Jun 15th)
EDD 3: Jun 24 - Jun 30 (updated on Jun 24)
EDD 4: Jun 25 - Jun 30 (updated on Jun 25)
EDD 5: Jun 26 - Jun 30 (updated on Jun 26)
VIN: TBD

I even paid my final payment, but still no sign of the VIN. Look at the good side they narrow my EDD to 5 days. 🫠

Reactions: retbesla
Date Revised

MYLR - Silver
5 Seat Black Interior
19” Geminis

I even paid my final payment, but still no sign of the VIN. Look at the good side they narrow my EDD to 5 days. 🫠
You're less than an hour away from Fremont, you should be able to get the fresh one very soon. :)

Reactions: DaBinlo
I just got a text, my delivery is being delayed again. They have set my delivery to Friday 6/30 at 6PM.

I called and spoke with them and said that this was impossible because my son has surgery scheduled this day.

At this point, they are trying to put pressure on me to take delivery before the end of the month.

I explained that this is the second time delivery has been rescheduled and the fact that they have boxed me in to a single day for delivery trying to increase their June numbers, it a then problem not a me problem.

At this point, if they can’t accommodate an earlier delivery and won’t let me take delivery on 7/1, they can refund me my deposit and I will find something else.

Pretty poor customer service in my opinion.
It’s all about maximizing sales and profit and/or looking good on end of quarter reports. At some point Tesla WILL have real competition. Then “maybe” they’ll start looking at customer satisfaction as a way to keep sales.

My own pet peeve is their “estimated” delivery dates. I don’t mind waiting IF I know when. 15-20 updated delivery ranges is not that. Do they not use an MRP system? In 1981 I toured a Mercedes factory in Germany. People from North America would show up on the exact date they were promised delivery and their car would literally roll off the factory floor THAT DAY!

Reactions: Truegrass
Picked up my White/Black MYLR5 on Saturday!

MYLR5 White/White, 19", no tow
Order placed: 5/16
VIN #1: 5/17 (Austin, HW3)
Order on HOLD: 5/29
HOLD cancelled: 6/01
VIN #2: 6/09 (Fremont, HW4)
Pickup: 6/24 @ Mt. Kisco, NY

I feel like I am one of the lucky ones. My entire process went smoothly. I had a trade-in offer approved on 5/17, Tesla offered more than anybody for my car, and I went over the limits for 30 day and 1000 miles, Tesla just extended my offer and was fine with me driving over 1000 miles.
Pick up experience was great, arrived 2 hours late due to traffic, they were very patient was us and gave me time to check everything. The only flaw I found was a tiny piece of packaging plastic stuck between 2 panels on the exterior, just need to use a tweezer to pick it out.
Love every moment I get to drive this car right now.

Reactions: ss71 and retbesla
Any paint imperfections? Also please detail the alignment issues which you saw.
Some very minor minor paint imperfections that did not bother me. The main alignment are on the rear passenger doors. On the driver-side, the b-pillar is not flush with the windows. The other issue is the door on the passenger side sits in a little more than the driver-side. Hard to describe but I'll post pics when I get home.

Just a quick update: First day having the car, installed the all-weather mats then took a drive. Up popped the passenger restraint fault... While I'm not upset, it's pretty annoying to have an issue like this come up on the first day of owning the vehicle. Reached out in the app and via text and not really getting much response.

Do I need to pay to schedule delivery? Just wait until they schedule the delivery?
You will wait for them to "unlock" your delivery date choice within the app. You will receive a TXT message telling you to pick your delivery date.

Edit: Be aware that your choice is still a moving target as I and others have had their delivery dates pushed up or back depending on the delivery teams needs.

Date Revised

MYLR - Silver
5 Seat Black Interior
19” Geminis

I bet you get a VIN by the end of day on Monday.
I just got a text from Tesla, and I can schedule an appointment for pick-up! They said that the MY will be built in the next 1-2 days, so the VIN is not yet ready. I picked this Thursday and hope that it will be ready by that time.

@Alonzo, I still haven't got the VIN, but you are pretty close! 👍

Reactions: Alonzo