Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like my delivery date may get pushed back. While at another showroom, SA checked on my VIN and their locator shows it is still in CA - not sure it has moved in the last week. Their guess was it would take another week but honestly I was concerned that it hadn't moved at all. So we started looking at other inventory to swap just in case there is an issue with mine. There were no other MYP available, but there were several unclaimed Austin built MYLR making there way to FL that I could get sooner. I ordered the MYP as it was supposed to come sooner than the MYLR but would be just as happy with the MYLR and $3,500 in my pocket. They suggested that I wait a day or two and see where it stands then.
I wouldn't trust SA's opinion on it would take another week to ship. They can only see the build date and ETA on their end if your car is built, shipped and in transit. You are in Florida, so logistically, it will take a while from Fremont to FL, most likely about 2 weeks. I'd say find out your build date and add 2 weeks to that date and you get your delivery date

Looks like my delivery date may get pushed back. While at another showroom, SA checked on my VIN and their locator shows it is still in CA - not sure it has moved in the last week. Their guess was it would take another week but honestly I was concerned that it hadn't moved at all. So we started looking at other inventory to swap just in case there is an issue with mine. There were no other MYP available, but there were several unclaimed Austin built MYLR making there way to FL that I could get sooner. I ordered the MYP as it was supposed to come sooner than the MYLR but would be just as happy with the MYLR and $3,500 in my pocket. They suggested that I wait a day or two and see where it stands then.
Also, the LRs from Austin are most likely getting the 3D5 wire winding motors. Currently, all MYPs from Fremont are receiving the updated 4D1 hairpin motor. I'm sure you'll be able to get delivery before March. For $3500 more, you keep your MYP, performance upgrade and the latest hairpin motor.

I wouldn't trust SA's opinion on it would take another week to ship. They can only see the build date and ETA on their end if your car is built, shipped and in transit. You are in Florida, so logistically, it will take a while from Fremont to FL, most likely about 2 weeks. I'd say find out your build date and add 2 weeks to that date and you get your delivery date
Yeah, I agree on the two weeks based on what I have seen on other Fremont builds (MYP or 7 seaters) coming to FL on waitingfortesla.com My VIN was assigned on 3/2 and the series is PF701 so a build date of around 3/2 makes sense. Two weeks from then is 3/16 which is when it is expected so they scheduled delivery for 3/17. However, now I am expecting a push back due to logistics delay.

This SA today was looking up several cars in 'inventory' for me and checking the GPS location on a few to see where they were in transit using whatever internal website they use. He showed me the webpages a few times and there were a lot of details and functions on each car. My build GPS location was still showing in the San Jose, CA area. He also brought up the GPS location on a few MYLR coming to FL for me - one was a 3/6 build from Austin that was already at delivery location on east coast of FL. Another was a 3/8 Austin build on its way to Orlando but currently in Mobile, AL. Another was a 3/10 Austin build that was still in TX. He offered to swap my order to one of them but I told him I would wait a couple of days to see what the expected delay is on mine.
Also, the LRs from Austin are most likely getting the 3D5 wire winding motors. Currently, all MYPs from Fremont are receiving the updated 4D1 hairpin motor. I'm sure you'll be able to get delivery before March. For $3500 more, you keep your MYP, performance upgrade and the latest hairpin motor.
Honestly I would be fine with either car. This showroom location did have two MYP demo cars so I got to drive one extensively for the first time. The acceleration was staggering compared to the MYLR and that one is no slouch at all. Honestly, the MYP is more than we need on that front but my wife liked the performance look better and it was supposed to come sooner (although that may not have turned out to be the case). Glad I finally got to drive the MYP though.

MYLR + AWD + MSM + 20"
EDD #1: 01-04-2023 - 10-06-2023
EED #2: 13-03-2023 - 31-03-2023
EDD #3: 17-03-2023 - 31-03-2023

Lets hope it shows up soon... :)
Another update... :)

Estimated Delivery: March 22 - March 31​

We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon
Full Self-Driving
We are continuing the transition to Tesla Vision, our camera-based Autopilot system. As part of this transition, some features may be limited at delivery, and will be rolled out in the weeks ahead via over-the-air updates.

Reactions: xxxadixxx

Another update, No VIN Yet....​

Full Self-Driving
We are continuing the transition to Tesla Vision, our camera-based Autopilot system. As part of this transition, some features may be limited at delivery, and will be rolled out in the weeks ahead via over-the-air updates.

Another update, No VIN Yet....​

Full Self-Driving
I got the VIN number... :)