Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume you checked and made sure it actually WAS a plaid. But boy, it there was a way to get a plaid without the fugly badge, I might have considered ordering one. I cannot stand the badging.
Haha yea, I checked the car info in the menus to confirm it was Plaid. Carbon fiber and the stitching on seats also confirmed. I know it’s a silly emblem, but it feels important to me considering how much I paid and the obsession I’ve been having waiting for delivery.

Haha yea, I checked the car info in the menus to confirm it was Plaid. Carbon fiber and the stitching on seats also confirmed. I know it’s a silly emblem, but it feels important to me considering how much I paid and the obsession I’ve been having waiting for delivery.
FWIW the plaid badge is fairly easy to remove (with a hair dryer and dental floss), or any reputable shop can do it for you. I plan to have it removed when I install PPF.

Ordered my regular Model X in March 2021. Delivery date showed June 202 up until 3 weeks ago. I called Tesla and asked if I could change my order for the Plaid. They said yes but order would slip to October. 5 days later, VIN appears and Plaid is now sitting on my driveway!
Crazy. I ordered January last year XLR. Changed to Plaid in January '22 with July still holding. Still no VIN, though delivery is now scheduled before April 17th.

Which delivery center? I rejected a white plaid at Dublin 3 days ago. They're delivering a replacement today. Hopefully this one looks ok.
Colma. They are not a service center so they can’t really do any diagnostic. I really agonized over the decision. After I had accepted, the app showed the car was in “service” mode. Talked to a rep there and he got someone to take it out of that mode remotely. I asked if he could add free FSD for all my trouble. Lol.

I drove home and, amazingly, now the FWD’s are working fine! Either the service mode caused the failure or the drive home dislodged some water from the sensors. So have the DC check for service mode if your car acts funky at delivery.

Take photos and submit through service for addition.

definitely go back and ask the SC to order you one - I feel you since I actually wanted the new badge for the reasons you mentioned. It was funny because I drove next to another MXP and he kept staring at my ass (I assume bc he has the old badge that spells out PLAID 😂)