Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning : Battery Maximum Charge Level Reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On january 10th 2020 I have supercharged my Tesla Model S 85 (12/2013) to 95% as usual since I still have 30km to drive home I arrrived with 290km left range and 88% battery.

On the morning of january 11th 2020 when I took the car a message appeared "Battery Maximum Charge Level Reduced".

From that moment I tried supercharging with 190km left and it rufused, saying the current level is more than the maximum level.

Today 12th january I'm down to 150km and even in a normal AC socket 220v it refuses to charge.

Appointment has been requested with the Tesla Mobile Service for the 27th january 2020 but I fear my car is slowly reaching undrivable status.

It seems that a number of old Model S owners are seeing the same message. It can be a bug of the last update but at this moment I'm clueless. The battery was at 88% when I saw the message for the first time and the car drive like a charm, no reduction in acceleration or regeneration.

Very strange...

My current milage is 219.000 km (136.000 miles) and I'm in Belgium.

Just curious, how often have you been Supercharging over the years? Was it most of the time? Is 95% the level you normally charge to?
Please let us know what the Service Center will tell you. Good luck!

You may want to check this thread:
Maximum battery charge level reduced

I bought the car used from a Tesla dealershop in Belgium (www.nikola-brussels.com) with 206.000km in August 2019.

I only supercharge since I have a grounding issue at home preventing the car from charging. Every 3 days I go to the supercharger near me and charge to 95% then I go home and arrives with about 85%. I've been doing this since August 2019 and so far so good. I have no idea how the car was used but I suspect it stayed plugged at 95% most of the time.

I'm currently supercharging the car and it works. I was down to 120km. I started at 30kw but reduced to 10kw quickly and it just stopped at 137km after 40min. So basically my new maximum is about 137km.

I drove 13500km since I bought the car.

might be better to post in more alive thread:

also have a look at this lovely discussion :)