Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These days life aint much easier here. Seattle used to be some what reasonable to afford. Now its just like the bay. If I didnt already own a house, I would not move here.

Yeah for real. I'm just sitting tight until the next "correction" to buy. Chilling in my rent-controlled apartment while I wait it out.
I understand, it has definitely gone nuts compared to 2018/19 when i first started looking. We didn’t buy a house yet cause exactly the same issues, we get outbid. For now we are going to check the area and see if we really like it.
Luckily my wife and i both work somewhat flexible jobs where we could easily move around.

Reactions: pusheen
Yeah I am not sure if there will be a correction, these homes just keep going up and up and up and people are buying. I think inflation has taken hold.
Inflation is definitely real, but interest rates are also spiking pretty rapidly compared to expectations. There's a ton of hidden instability in the market (variable APR HELOCs, large spine in federally backed second mortgages, over leveraged investors, and so on). I think we're very close to the peak of the market, even accounting for inflation. I think whatever measures the fed takes to try and ramp down inflation are going to seriously soften the stock market and the real estate market, given how intertwined they are now.

I’m hopefully taking delivery of our MYLR next month. Will definitely be shopping around, but wondering who folks on here for car insurance. We’ll be insuring an ICE vehicle alongside the Tesla plus home insurance.
I got quotes from State Farm, Progressive, Allstate, and Costco/Am Fam. Ended up insuring both cars 6 months at $700, comprehensive on both, 100/300/100 limits. Next cheapest I had was Allstate at $1145 for the same. Costco and State Farm both $1200+.

Ordered 09/02 and completed the tasks on the same day. Currently EDD shows Jan 22 -Feb 5.

I went to the Bellevue store and talked to my SA yesterday. He told me that I would probably get VIN in the next few days. I also confirmed that WA model Y's would come with front mudflaps and rear door PPFs. Home delivery is the only option for Bellevue/Redmond area.

Ordered 09/02 and completed the tasks on the same day. Currently EDD shows Jan 22 -Feb 5.

I went to the Bellevue store and talked to my SA yesterday. He told me that I would probably get VIN in the next few days. I also confirmed that WA model Y's would come with front mudflaps and rear door PPFs. Home delivery is the only option for Bellevue/Redmond area.
You're waiting for a LR model, right?

I just surrendered a Blue/White Model Y Performance, standard AP. Our current MYP is going into Turo service and we just purchased a Polestar 2 Dual Motor with Performance Pack. I've deleted delivery until I have a clearer understanding of any upcoming changes.