TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Weather Radar in Tesla Browser?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by lg_golfs, May 28, 2015.

1. lg_golfs

lg_golfs Member

Hey folks!

I am a fair weather driver and while out of town on business I rely on this App:

MyRadar Pro Weather Radar – Forecast, Storms, and Earthquakes on the App Store on iTunes

Heck. When I am home I rely on it as well. Has really made me more comfortable with the conditions, knowing when I should pull over, etc.

Curious if anyone has run a Weather Radar in the Tesla browser and if they have which one they would recommend. I of course could always continue to use my phone, but, it would be nice to have it on the big screen.

Thanks!

2. musicious

musicious Member

I haven't tried the one you linked but find most free weather sites are too slow to load in the browser; the one I find works well is Forecast.io which also lets you switch to local map view and plays a short clip of weather radar (along with showing detailed hourly forecast for the next week down below). I wish I could have 2 browser windows on half of the screen cause I had to choose Waze over the weather :/

3. pbsis

pbsis Member

try

Tesla Weather

it works great

- - - Updated - - -

try

http://www.teslaweather.com/

it works great

4. rpo

rpo Member

I use i.wund.com. It is a pretty simple interface and loads quickly on the Tesla browser.

5. capt601

capt601 Vin02324

6. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I use National Weather Service, but I'll have to give that TeslaWeather site a try.

I've been asking Tesla for years now to make radar and satellite layers as overlays on the nav map (like traffic). That would be really nice.

Alas, no joy on that yet...

7. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

my favorite site for quick glances while driving has always been:
    QuickTesla

With that site I'll use it to check weather, and radar is a nice feature too. It will link you over to the external weather site it gets the data from too if you want a more full web browser experience. But the setup above is far better and more streamlined, esp for "Half screen" view, IMO.

8. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Been using http://www.teslaweather.com and it has been working great, loads quickly and with 3 different levels of zoon displays very helpful information.

I do wish it was overlaid on top of navigation as it would be very easy to see if weather was causing traffic delays.

9. musicious

musicious Member

My favorite is forecast.io, is the quickest to load of any site I tried and has a nice little playable video and expandable daily forecasts at the bottom. However since we can't have 2 browser windows i prefer to have the Tesla Waze site on at all times since it shows map icons for accidents, LE, etc