Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weather Radar in Tesla Browser?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks!

I am a fair weather driver and while out of town on business I rely on this App:

MyRadar Pro Weather Radar – Forecast, Storms, and Earthquakes on the App Store on iTunes

Heck. When I am home I rely on it as well. Has really made me more comfortable with the conditions, knowing when I should pull over, etc.

Curious if anyone has run a Weather Radar in the Tesla browser and if they have which one they would recommend. I of course could always continue to use my phone, but, it would be nice to have it on the big screen.

Thanks!

I haven't tried the one you linked but find most free weather sites are too slow to load in the browser; the one I find works well is Forecast.io which also lets you switch to local map view and plays a short clip of weather radar (along with showing detailed hourly forecast for the next week down below). I wish I could have 2 browser windows on half of the screen cause I had to choose Waze over the weather :/

my favorite site for quick glances while driving has always been:
QuickTesla

With that site I'll use it to check weather, and radar is a nice feature too. It will link you over to the external weather site it gets the data from too if you want a more full web browser experience. But the setup above is far better and more streamlined, esp for "Half screen" view, IMO.

I use National Weather Service, but I'll have to give that TeslaWeather site a try.

I've been asking Tesla for years now to make radar and satellite layers as overlays on the nav map (like traffic). That would be really nice.

Alas, no joy on that yet...

Been using http://www.teslaweather.com and it has been working great, loads quickly and with 3 different levels of zoon displays very helpful information.

I do wish it was overlaid on top of navigation as it would be very easy to see if weather was causing traffic delays.

My favorite is forecast.io, is the quickest to load of any site I tried and has a nice little playable video and expandable daily forecasts at the bottom. However since we can't have 2 browser windows i prefer to have the Tesla Waze site on at all times since it shows map icons for accidents, LE, etc

I recently found that DarkSky.net offers a compelling experience that is compatible with the update browser since the 2018.14 firmware update. This has really good local forecast with clear timelines and visualizations.

Weather goes to the general forecast page with map*
Dark Sky Maps would go directly to the radar map

*If someone can figure out the URL parameter that would allow the regular darksky.net to load with the map on radar rather than temp, please let us know. The map type drop downs do not work so I am stuck. I've sent DarkSky a email but didn't get any reply.

Did you try Dark Sky Maps or https :// maps.darksky.net/@radar,39.000,-95.000,4
Yes that would work, and then one can scroll through that. But there you only get the radar and not the other really helpful forecast pieces. Is there a way for the maps.darksky.net to auto-locate your current position rather than hard coding a lat/long in the URL? It would be great if there is documentation on the URL parameters.

Yep the link to dark sky maps definitely works. I was just hoping to link to the main dark sky page with the nice weather info and forecast, and somehow have the map be in radar mode instead of temp. There is a drop down to change it, but the drop down doesn’t work in the Tesla browser.