Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Website/Design Studio Update - Twin Chargers no longer available from factory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone spotted this Tesla at the Hawthorne Supercharger, and the window sticker makes it seem as though Twin Chargers are included in the price...

attachment.php?attachmentid=75616&d=1427131373.jpg

Obsidian Black Paint - new color?

I just got a confirmation email and the dual chargers are included.

Your Model S
All-Wheel Drive Dual Motor
Grey Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Tan Next Generation Seats
Executive Rear Seats
Piano Black Décor
Matching Yacht Floor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Tesla Red Brake Calipers
Supercharger Enabled
Dual Chargers
Tech Package with Autopilot
Smart Air Suspension
Premium Interior Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package

Someone spotted this Tesla at the Hawthorne Supercharger, and the window sticker makes it seem as though Twin Chargers are included in the price...

Where did you find that image? I've seen the post with the Ocean Blue car but not the post that has this image which is the window sticker for a Obsidian Black car. The Ocean Blue car appears to have a black car sitting next to it so it might be this car but can't find more detailed pictures of it.

Where did you find that image? I've seen the post with the Ocean Blue car but not the post that has this image which is the window sticker for a Obsidian Black car. The Ocean Blue car appears to have a black car sitting next to it so it might be this car but can't find more detailed pictures of it.
I don't see anything recent on Obsidian Black, but search engine found a weird link when I looked for "obsidian black tesla"....
Obsidian Black | Tesla Motors

@spentan found both cars sitting next to each other. That post is here...
Lighter Shade of Blue? - Page 5

Yeah I searched and couldn't find anything other than the stuff a knew about and the roadster color. Google image search on that image doesn't turn it up either.
Tesla is sure making it complicated...

I'm lusting over a P85D, but I want front and rear NG seats -- which implies that I have to pick the magic 2hr window sometime in the next year. And then I would really want the new blue - but who knows when that's available. Also, I'd want delivery before end of June due to the tax implications in WA. And, of course, I'd want dual chargers as part of the delivery configuration -- also for tax reasons.

Tesla's making it hard for me to consider clicking the Order button even when I'm ready to financially.

Tesla is sure making it complicated...

I'm lusting over a P85D, but I want front and rear NG seats -- which implies that I have to pick the magic 2hr window sometime in the next year. And then I would really want the new blue - but who knows when that's available. Also, I'd want delivery before end of June due to the tax implications in WA. And, of course, I'd want dual chargers as part of the delivery configuration -- also for tax reasons.

Tesla's making it hard for me to consider clicking the Order button even when I'm ready to financially.

I think all the recent deliveries and showroom cars have front and rear NG seats, no?

What are the tax reasons to take delivery before June? And the tax implications of dual chargers?

Corrective insertion underlined in the quote:
[1] I think all the recent deliveries and showroom cars have front and rear NG seats, no?

[2] What are the tax reasons to take delivery before end of June? [3] And the tax implications of dual chargers?
1. My understanding is that this is incorrect.
2. In WA state, "no sales tax on EVs" expires after June 2015. [There's talk of extending with additional limitations, but nothing's passed yet.]
3. My expectation/understanding is that dual chargers delivered with vehicle are untaxed, but are taxed if installed after delivery.

Corrective insertion underlined in the quote:

1. My understanding is that this is incorrect.
2. In WA state, "no sales tax on EVs" expires after June 2015. [There's talk of extending with additional limitations, but nothing's passed yet.]
3. My expectation/understanding is that dual chargers delivered with vehicle are untaxed, but are taxed if installed after delivery.

INBOX)89937.jpg
INBOX)89936.jpg

Here's an inventory car I've been considering. It's probably 3 months old. I think those are next gen seats in the back.

I think with dual chargers being off the design studio, your best bet is going to be buying an inventory car, if you want something that already has them installed.

I know about the WA sales tax change - but what does dual chargers do for our taxes in WA?

I'm pretty sure what they're saying is that if the dual chargers come on the car from the factory and are included in the purchase price they won't pay sales tax on them. If they are bought from the service center after the sale and installed then they will be taxed like any other purchase.

I'm pretty sure what they're saying is that if the dual chargers come on the car from the factory and are included in the purchase price they won't pay sales tax on them. If they are bought from the service center after the sale and installed then they will be taxed like any other purchase.

That makes sense.

I wish there was a sales tax exemption in North Carolina! We have a 3% highway use tax instead of sales tax, and then ~1% yearly "property" tax.. That could add up...

I agree with your assumptions about dual chargers. I ordered my winter wheels/tires with the car because of this. Which is also something you can no longer do.