Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are any of the Canadian superchargers that busy?

I have traveled all over the US and have never seen so much as 3 Teslas at one supercharger with the exception of my trips to Southern California where overcrowding really is a problem. I have dodged the worst of it, but basically every time I've visited a supercharger in SoCal during normal waking hours, the superchargers have been at capacity +/- 2 Teslas.
I've heard of Hope being packed sometimes. Especially on holiday weekends in summer when a lot of people are driving to cottages or summer homes.

I have traveled all over the US and have never seen so much as 3 Teslas at one supercharger with the exception of my trips to Southern California where overcrowding really is a problem. I have dodged the worst of it, but basically every time I've visited a supercharger in SoCal during normal waking hours, the superchargers have been at capacity +/- 2 Teslas.
Toronto SC has cars queued to charge all the time. That's the only one in Canada where I've experienced congestion. Other SCs I have never seen another car at: Cornwall, Riviere-du-loup, and an honorary mention for Maine SCs Augusta and Brewer. All 4 are pretty lonely.

In the East - Toronto (Lawrence) is usually busy, and often Kingston. I've heard that Montreal may have the odd issue with taxis taking many spots, but I have not witnessed it. Most others always have lots of free spots.

You folks talking about Toronto and Kingston being busy are aware this is the Western Canadian thread, aren't you? :p

Yeah, Guilty as charged, but the poster did write "Canadian", so I filled in an eastern reply:rolleyes:
As we know, there are 2 sets of Canadian SC - West and East/central.....with a big hole in the middle and far east end. Some of our American friends only reference what is immediately north of them...and some understand all of our geography.

Yes I was referring to the Western Canada Superchargers, but I should have been more specific. It does not surprise me that a Toronto SC would be busy, but any of the rural ones in BC and AB being crowded would have really surprised me.

I drove from Illinois to Seattle in early November (it was unseasonably warm and pleasant so nice conditions) and I saw only one other Tesla the entire way over a 2,000 mile (3200km) stretch lol. He ended up being my charging partner in SD, WY and MT so that was pretty funny. We were both making good time!

Reactions: Lon12
Good reason to go for a drive today. It is very close to the new food court area.

CrossIronMills4.png

CrossIronMills0.JPG
CrossIronMills1.jpg

This SC location makes a lot of sense. It's great for N/S traffic and it's not too bad for E/W traffic. Most people going through the city E/W opt to take Stoney around the north side to avoid the traffic and lights of 16th ave. Also, there's sit down restaurants right there (BPs, Milestones) and tons of quicker food court options. Or travelers can just walk around the mall or catch a movie. Pretty nice charging location for travelers. Someone should alert supercharge.info.

Now, let's start renovations on that service center location Tesla.

I'm coming through Calgary this summer with my X and Airstream, but will be going between Banff and the Fort MacLeod Supercharger. This is a bit out of the way, but it definitely puts the drive just inside of Supercharging range. There are CHAdeMO options in Calgary, though, so that may be the faster choice. I'll have to pencil and paper it.

Great to have the option, though!