Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s the one thing you like the least about your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, I have a laundry list of things I don’t like, but...

Closing the doors with the windows down just makes my entire body cringe. The sound it makes is one of cheap, nasty, econobox misery. It might be worse than any car I’ve experienced. Even thinking about it makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and cry. (Hold me?)

So, what’s your biggest bugbear with the Model 3?

Are you talking about the frameless windows? Understand this style has been found for awhile on higher end cars.

I got use to them going up after closing door. However you do have to be careful and know how to work with in freezing wet temps. The windows will get stuck in the up position if frozen and if you get the door open you have to resolve its movement before closing the door or risk chipping the glass. If you live in this climate and haven’t had your car long enough check out the threads on this for tips on what to do (preheat car, silicone applied on the seal for example).

1. Wiper Behavior. (feature improve)
2. Blinkers!!! (feature improve)
3. Range \ Mileage numbers showing a loss of battery capacity or range if you don't charge to 100% regularly. (Bug)
4. Viewer for TeslaCam and Sentry on Screen in the car itself. (feature improve)

The blinkers kill me! When used manually they should work manually.
The 'quick tap' should get you three blinks then stop. it's never consistent \ they seem to have a mind of their own.
Half the time they stay on or you push the stick in the other direction to stop them and they reverse.
Makes drivers behind you think your an idiot driver.

Another idea would be to allow us to assign the roller switches on the steering wheel to different controls.
I do not have EAP so why can't I assign right roller wheel to say... control HVAC fan speed? or assign to manual Wiper speeds? or?
I know it's used by default for 'Cruise Set Speed' but you could just re-tap right stick to change speeds if you reassigned right roller switch.
Or even moving it right and left could 'shift' what the 'push' controls from a custom set of functions we pick from in settings.

Even with those items.
I have no other complaints whatsoever! Best car I have ever owned... Period!

Reactions: VBruce and BeccaM3
In order of everyday PITA-ness:
  1. Lack of AndroidAuto / CarPlay integration. My life revolves around my cell phone, not the car. Cars should integrated with my cell phone, not the other way around.
  2. Lack of auto-profile selection based on the cell phone used to unlock the car. This one is competing for #1 spot. If your phone is the car key, it should be assigned a default driving profile, and that profile should be automatically selected upon unlocking the car. Squeezing into my wife's seat position to reach the Nav screen to select my profile which will move the seat further back is getting really old, really fast.
  3. Unpredictable and semi-random wiper engagements. If I forget to disable auto-wiping mode when parking for the night, 33% of the time they will start swiping when I engage reverse to pull out of my garage the next morning. For no good reason.
  4. Wipers really deserve a dedicated stalk. I know Tesla is trying to be minimalist, but there is such a thing as over-doing it. Modern cars have at least 3 stalks for a good reason (turn signals, wipers, gears).
  5. Tesla's recent obsession to auto-enable semi-dysfunctional safety nannies at every ignition cycle. If I turned something off once, I want it to stay off for the next time!
  6. Lack of 360 camera view - super helpful in tight spaces or when parallel parking.
  7. Limited rear-view mirror visibility due to rear trunk lid being way too high.
  8. Less than supportive front driver seats. need way more side bolstering, or just copy Porsche or BMW M-seats.
  9. Heated steering wheel, and rear-seat controls for the back-seat passengers.
  10. Water streaming into the trunk when you open it during / after a rain storm. This one is just really dumb design and testing oversight.

Anyone dislike the two small circles when adjusting the speed of air vent?

Those are so small compare to the empty space around the screen function, makes it very hard to hit it when you are driving in not a smooth road.

I agree! These should be easier to control. The Auto setting always blows too much cold air. Turning the fan speed way down is perfect, but sometimes I need it higher. The tiny on-screen buttons are way too small.

Think I know what you are referring to but to adjust flow I almost always use, on the white moving air flow display itself, index finger to swipe up or down to change air flow direction and thumb and index to pinch or expand fingers to split the flow of each vent area. Seldom use the slider controls.

What you are describing does not change the fan speed.

The blinkers kill me! When used manually they should work manually.
The 'quick tap' should get you three blinks then stop. it's never consistent \ they seem to have a mind of their own.
Half the time they stay on or you push the stick in the other direction to stop them and they reverse.
Makes drivers behind you think your an idiot driver.

Actually if you push the stalk again in the same direction they will shut off, no need to press in the opposite direction.

Reactions: cizUK
The Driver side footwell - specifically the dip in the floor pan of the driver side footwell.....I can't seem to find a comfortable place for my left foot while using AP.......on any normal car i'd put it right in front of the accelerator, but on any normal car that section is nice and flat. On the model 3 it dips down and leaves your foot feeling like you're walking on your tiptoes after a while.

I can either slide my foot all the way back so my heel hits the front seat, but I've got a bum knee and that stiffens things up after a while, or put my foot under the accelerator which seems not very safe.

What are you guys doing? Have you found a comfortable spot?