Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What a day ....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cato thank you for sharing and I'm so glad you're okay. You're absolutely right that we have to appreciate what we have. Your accident really demonstrates that being in the one of the safest cars in the world is worth every penny. I hope the insurance company treats you fairly.

Having had the same experience at an intersection in an Audi Q7 I can attest that being in a very heavy car with side airbags makes a great deal of difference. This is why I'm not driving a Smart car
altough I do take out my 1958 BMW Isetta 600 on occasion I'm very careful. No air bags, no seat belts and a dry weight of about 1000 lbs makes for some interesting driving.

Last edited:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 113
Glad you're OK. I was t-boned by a woman exiting a highway and running a red light. That was 20 years ago and I still have back problems from it. Pay attention to your body over the next couple of weeks.

You want your car to be totaled. The likelihood that it will ever drive properly after repair is not very high.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Like everyone else, very glad that you're OK.

If your car does wind up totaled, this will be an opportunity to reconfigure a new one, and make any changes that you may want to make now that you've had some time with the P85D. You could even go for a P90D or a P90D with Ludicrous. (Based on your timing, I'm thinking you may have ordered just before the Ludicrous announcement, though perhaps not.)

Good luck with everything!

Cato! Welcome to the forum! Please do not feel this is venting; it is sharing, and indeed with a fairly appreciative audience. Think of it this way, perhaps: You and Jeffrey Katzenberg are now in quite an exclusive club.

I am grateful that you survived with so little injury, and that you are home with your children who you rightfully treasure. For your sake, I hope the car IS totally, and that Tesla rushes a beautiful new one to you, with perhaps some new refinement you will be lucky to be among the first to receive.

Seasons Greetings,
Vger

To the Isetta owners, was Steve Urkel correct in Family Matters when he said there was no speedometer? I always wondered about that.
Urkel had a 300 isetta which was the two passenger one cylinder model. Mine is designated the limo (really!)due to its 2 cylinder 4passeger capacity. And yes they all are street legal with functioning speedo, turn signals, horn, windshield wipers etc. They even have upper scale touches such as synchromesh transmissions and rudimentary heaters. If it gets too hot you can drive with the front door open which tends to freak people out

Cato! Welcome to the forum! Please do not feel this is venting; it is sharing, and indeed with a fairly appreciative audience. Think of it this way, perhaps: You and Jeffrey Katzenberg are now in quite an exclusive club.

I am grateful that you survived with so little injury, and that you are home with your children who you rightfully treasure. For your sake, I hope the car IS totally, and that Tesla rushes a beautiful new one to you, with perhaps some new refinement you will be lucky to be among the first to receive.

Seasons Greetings,
Vger

I agree - not venting at all. And you might want to submit a write up to Tesla for the website when you're ready - help potential buyers to clearly see the safety benefits.

Like others here, I expect the car is totaled which is what you want anyway. It can be replaced, most important is that you're around and relatively unharmed for your family.

Cato, you suck at venting. LOL! (Not a criticism - PM me if you want some tips on how to up your venting game.)

What kind of vehicle was the lad driving?

Your car is undoubtedly totaled. Besides you're alive and kicking (awesome and glad to hear!), the other bright side is you'll be able to order another Model S, and if there was a feature you'd wished you'd ordered, or one you ordered that you realized after you didn't like or need...this is your do-over. :biggrin:

Glad to hear that you are OK. Cars can be replaced. People can't. Our son was hit by a driver in Houston coming off an on-ramp and he was spun backwards into the concrete median wall at 60mph. Of course the other driver did not stop. He was OK, but of course the car was toast. When he called we just told him that his BMW did what it was supposed to do and saved his life and he had no injuries, and that the car did its job. The TESLA is a very safe car, and did its job. Again, so happy to hear that you are OK.

I'll definitely have to work on upping my venting game :)
Thanks again to all of you for the well wishes. They are truly appreciated.
That video is pretty close to what happened.. and its amazing to objectively see how tank-like this vehicle is.. Truly amazing