Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the flaws coming off the line nowadays like??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like they've got the door latches fixed when they shut down X production for a week to re-tool. I've seen some chatter on FB Owner's Group about A/C issues--being DOA on delivery, or going out shortly afterward.

We are due to get ours in the next couple of weeks. Was hoping to take it on a road trip, but not without A/C, LOL...

For those of you who have picked up your X in the last few weeks...what say you? Alignment of FWD still continues to be an issue for some. What else???
Already 2 little tiny chips in the paint. :(
Sounds like they've got the door latches fixed when they shut down X production for a week to re-tool. I've seen some chatter on FB Owner's Group about A/C issues--being DOA on delivery, or going out shortly afterward.

We are due to get ours in the next couple of weeks. Was hoping to take it on a road trip, but not without A/C, LOL...

For those of you who have picked up your X in the last few weeks...what say you? Alignment of FWD still continues to be an issue for some. What else???

We received our Model X 1 month ago.
First night driving we could hardly wait to get home due to the tripple light effect we were seeing :( Apparently we got a dud windshield.
I have concerns about the paint we have the pearl white (love the colour!) but our front and rear bumper have very thin coats of paint. You can really tell the difference in colour mostly at the edges of the pieces. Already 2 little tiny chips in the paint. :(. So I did get the car wrapped to protect it from damage. This should be done standard on the vehicle before delivery! The extra $ after spending already lots of $$$.
As well I'm not using our Frunk as everyone calls it due to the fact I'm worried about denting the hood. There is already a small wave that is not supposed to be there despite the fact that we have been extreamly careful closing it from day one.
We absolutely love our New Baby X but somewhat disappointed that we have to have these discussions and deal with these issues :( Who knows when they will figure out how to resolve the windshield ghosting till then we really are not comfortable driving at night. As for the paint issue I hope that we will be getting some kind of response on replacing or repainting so our pricey car looks the part.
Sorry for the vent!

First night driving we could hardly wait to get home due to the tripple light effect we were seeing :( Apparently we got a dud windshield.
I have concerns about the paint we have the pearl white (love the colour!) but our front and rear bumper have very thin coats of paint. You can really tell the difference in colour mostly at the edges of the pieces. Already 2 little tiny chips in the paint. :(. So I did get the car wrapped to protect it from damage. This should be done standard on the vehicle before delivery! The extra $ after spending already lots of $$$.
As well I'm not using our Frunk as everyone calls it due to the fact I'm worried about denting the hood. There is already a small wave that is not supposed to be there despite the fact that we have been extreamly careful closing it from day one.
We absolutely love our New Baby X but somewhat disappointed that we have to have these discussions and deal with these issues :( Who knows when they will figure out how to resolve the windshield ghosting till then we really are not comfortable driving at night. As for the paint issue I hope that we will be getting some kind of response on replacing or repainting so our pricey car looks the part.
Sorry for the vent!

100% agree with above post. I've had my model X for one month. Ghosting is severe and unsafe at night. My service center has documented the problem but can do nothing about it.

I think this is a totally unacceptable design flaw. The windshield should be recalled. Above all, it is unsafe! I am unhappy having paid so much to only be able to drive my car in daylight hours. I love everything else about this car- but I cannot recommend it as is.

Sorry for the vent!
Sorry to hear...

image.jpeg
We had a couple of paint blemishes that I noticed at delivery...fairly obvious ones on the hood. Never even got a chance to sit in the driver's seat :( It went to the body shop the very next day (Tuesday). So still waiting to drive this awesome car and finish the inspection process.

Do you really think we won't be able to tell where the repair is when done?
image.jpeg
The repair shop is highly rated for Tesla repairs...so that's comforting! How would you feel if your brand new 100k car had to have body work done before you drove off the lot? See pics...this is one of the flaws from two angles.

Hi, I am a new X owner. Got my car 2 weeks ago, unfortunately, one falcon door stopped working 2 days ago (luckily it is in the closed position). front driver door also has an issue where it does not automatically open as much as the passenger door does. In both cases there is nothing parked beside the car to obstruct it.
The earliest appointment I could get with Tesla Vancouver is in November so I guess I will be down to one door until then, which is a little bit of a hassle for a family of 6 with child seats.

• Disagree
Reactions: stealthology
View attachment 191314 We had a couple of paint blemishes that I noticed at delivery...fairly obvious ones on the hood. Never even got a chance to sit in the driver's seat :( It went to the body shop the very next day (Tuesday). So still waiting to drive this awesome car and finish the inspection process.

Do you really think we won't be able to tell where the repair is when done?View attachment 191315 The repair shop is highly rated for Tesla repairs...so that's comforting! How would you feel if your brand new 100k car had to have body work done before you drove off the lot? See pics...this is one of the flaws from two angles.
If it was me I'd just leave it as is. It's not even that obvious once you drive it on the road with dust and dirt. But that's just me. I'd rather leave the car with factory paint. I am a bit more tolerate on these kind of stuff, while some others want their cars perfect for the price they paid for the car.

Finally a second flaw.. This is an old issue that finally hit my MX.. Door latches.
Saturday afternoon my MX started saying the passenger door was open, when it was not.. The door was tightly latched and could only be opened using the interior handle (which resulted in it swinging open rapidly) Fortunately had a hold on it so it didn't smack anything nearby!
Called service that evening, and they arranged for an 8am visit to the SLC service center.

Service center replaced the latches on both doors - apparently they have been redesigned to include better protection against water intrusion into the mechanism and electronics of the latch. These are now of course standard in all MXs coming off the line, but mine from early July build still had the old ones.

I don't know of another manufacturer who will proactively replace a part because they have an elevated risk of failure later on (like the driver side latch in my case). Thanks Tesla!
I wonder if they will replace the affected ones that haven't failed when these cars come around for their 1st annual services?

Picked up yesterday at factory. There were a ton of deliveries happening under the big white tent. They mentioned something about end of quarter surge.

Unfortunately, about a mile down the street a service light came on and power was reduced. It's back at service center with problem yet to be identified. Possibly something to do with coolant. If power is reduced then it's maybe a heat management issue? They sent us home with a loaner. Disappointing experience to say the least. Especially since we were 200 miles from home.

My bet is that they will bring it to you when it is done.