Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Tesla Model 3 today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the rear windows tinted at Manchester Tints in Chorlton £140 15%. Very pleased with the results.
08B7332F-51B0-47DA-B54C-41AF0C1FD3B4.jpeg

Just fitted this boot trim protector thing:

View attachment 584700

Not stuck it down yet (adhesive tape on underside), want to test it for a while to see if it impacts closing the boot at all.

I fitted (one side) of this today - that red tape is a nightmare to get off (or my set got hot somewhere in transit and it’s just these!) I also laid mine on and checked boot first and all seems well. When it ever stops raining I’ll get the other side fitted!

I also did the little door latch covers also from taptes, same tape installation and they look really smart and it now looks finished!

That boot protector looks good, will get that I think next week - partly on your recommendation and partly the guy on amazon who said it still gives good access to ‘the wine cellar’ which will now be forever what I call that sub trunk :D

• Funny
Reactions: timpharrison
I fitted (one side) of this today - that red tape is a nightmare to get off (or my set got hot somewhere in transit and it’s just these!) I also laid mine on and checked boot first and all seems well. When it ever stops raining I’ll get the other side fitted!

I also did the little door latch covers also from taptes, same tape installation and they look really smart and it now looks finished!

That boot protector looks good, will get that I think next week - partly on your recommendation and partly the guy on amazon who said it still gives good access to ‘the wine cellar’ which will now be forever what I call that sub trunk :D
They can make it hard for the power kit to close the boot - i had a fitting where it had to be removed as it wouldn't latch with it in place

Do the screws on the boot help with the adjustment?

Was planning on fiddling with those later if the wife ever returns from the shopsm
Only if your boot is not correctly aligned as all you're doing is pushing the lid further away which creates an alignment issue at the rear quarter. The ones near the middle are just dampers and don't affect where the lid closes. The dampers fully compress when the lid is closed which creates the issue for the power kit not latching.

i advise if people want a power kit and protection for the boot lip then a vinyl covering is the best way as it is a lot thinner and can be cut in the area of the dampers.

I'm sure you know, but RHD requires a different shape from LHD cars. Does AO sell a RHD version? I can only find the LHD version on their website.
Hello KennethS,
No, I hadn’t twigged that there was a difference - thanks. Funnily enough I was just scratching my head wondering why AO had just refunded my order - they’re probably cleverer than me and realised the problem as they were shipping to the UK.
I need to read the details a bit more carefully :rolleyes:

It was a perfect fit and dead easy to fit once I had got someone to hold the opposite corner to stop it popping out. Very little tension (so I cannot see how the stories of it cutting the seals) and gently pushed into the gaps. It looks very smart, hiding a few small descrepancies in the fitted window seal, but I have no idea on if it will make any difference to wind noise.

If this is the big rubber-band like thing which you squidge into place around the top piece of glass... I took mine off a few weeks ago after reading about seals being affected. The rubber band had worked its way pretty far under the back corners of the glass over the course of a few months. Not sure how much of an issue that would have caused, or how how far under it'd need to go to cause an issue, but I didn't want to risk it for what didn't really seem to be much of a perceivable decrease in noise.

Yes, the LHD cars have a longer opening which is pointed/angled on the end as shown in @Medved_77’s post. I know because although I ordered one from AliExpress that was sold as suitable for the RHD Model 3, it wasn’t. I was able to cut it down to fit but thought I should mention it so others can avoid the problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon