Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you need to take for collection?

DamBuster

Jul 30, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Ok I'm just having a last minute meltdown, what do we need to take with us for collection? Thanks
The only thing they took from me was my driving license.

The website says you need to take proof of insurance but they never asked me for this.

I'd take a good book as well!! My delivery was due at 4pm, but car wasn't available until 7pm....

Reactions: Roy W. and m3gt2

pgkevet

Jul 1, 2019
mid wales
Whenever i visit the service centre I take my mobile phone with preloaded films and a bluetooth headset, Additional snacks 'cos the one's available are fine but not suitable for the long haul. Wallet with cards and license and a very polite, patient but firm attitude. Today I'll probably add some nice freshly picked apples from my orchard for the staff since they're stuck with 'da rulz' too.

Reactions: Roy W. and m3gt2

Roy W.

Battery running low...
Jun 3, 2019
Derby, UK
Half mutter the name of someone who is on the list for handover on that day and you'll get a car with no questions asked.
I think that might be true. When I collected mine I just told them my name - no request for ID, driving license, nothing!

Certainly take your USB drive for TeslaCam, then you’ll have a record of your journey home :)

Reactions: SirRob

Roy W.

Battery running low...
Jun 3, 2019
Derby, UK
Presumably it only saves recording when you press button? Previous 10 mins iirc? It’s the red dash cam one right?
Mm, not sure about the 10 minute bit. There is a limit, but for some reason I thought it was a rolling one hour window? It might be this old brain deteriorating though... :confused:

roadcred

Aug 23, 2019
UK
Just there at 11.00. Just driving licence. They said they were processing 300 today at West Drayton. Really efficient. Great Service. I was back home by 12.30! I was quite impressed as they were dealing with about 25 per half hour.

m3gt2

Sep 14, 2015
england
Well, arrived around 20 minutes early, they checked the drivers license, showed us the trunk and frunk on the showroom model along with discussing charging. Then we were taken outside to the car, checked it over and it was perfect other than a couple of tiny marks on the plastic part of the steering wheel which I'm not bothering about. Signed and on the way less than 20 minutes after arrival. Stockport was full of M3s, mainly in white and mainly performance models, which were all being prepped. The drive home was not the most exciting being very wet and very busy motorways but I did manage the odd squeeze of the 'shock pedal' :D job for tomorrow is fitting the accessories.

kevuwk

Aug 5, 2019
UK
I also forgot to say that the car had 5 miles on it, was charged to 71% and they made a set of plates for my personal reg FOC. Very impressed.
Was hoping for some plates when I pick up on Monday but they have already sent an email out saying they won't be making any private plates until 4th October. To top it off they have now moved my appointment back to 16:00 so I'll have to drive home through rush hour traffic on the M60

Reactions: Rooster6655

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC