TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What do you need to take for collection?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by m3gt2, Sep 27, 2019.

1. m3gt2

m3gt2 Member

Ok I'm just having a last minute meltdown, what do we need to take with us for collection? Thanks

• Like x 1
  2. DamBuster

DamBuster Member

The only thing they took from me was my driving license.

The website says you need to take proof of insurance but they never asked me for this.

I'd take a good book as well!! My delivery was due at 4pm, but car wasn't available until 7pm....

• Like x 2
  3. davidmc

davidmc Active Member

Main ones:

Driving licence
    And a big smile!
    Check list if you already have one?

Optional:

Accessories in a bag :)
    USB formated for Sentry mode

And a huge bag of fun!

• Like x 2
  4. m3gt2

m3gt2 Member

Thanks both :D:D might be smiling already!

5. pgkevet

pgkevet Member

Whenever i visit the service centre I take my mobile phone with preloaded films and a bluetooth headset, Additional snacks 'cos the one's available are fine but not suitable for the long haul. Wallet with cards and license and a very polite, patient but firm attitude. Today I'll probably add some nice freshly picked apples from my orchard for the staff since they're stuck with 'da rulz' too.

• Like x 2
  6. freekie

freekie Member

I only needed to show driving licence. Add patience to the smile already advised :)

7. MOBB

MOBB Member

Birmingham never asked for insurance or driving licence details when I collected mine yesterday

great service there I have to add

• Like x 1
  8. SirRob

SirRob Member

Half mutter the name of someone who is on the list for handover on that day and you'll get a car with no questions asked.

• Funny x 3
  9. Roy W.

Roy W. Battery running low...

I think that might be true. When I collected mine I just told them my name - no request for ID, driving license, nothing!

Certainly take your USB drive for TeslaCam, then you’ll have a record of your journey home :)

• Like x 1
  10. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Saving the environment, one person at a time

Presumably it only saves recording when you press button? Previous 10 mins iirc? It’s the red dash cam one right?

11. Roy W.

Roy W. Battery running low...

Mm, not sure about the 10 minute bit. There is a limit, but for some reason I thought it was a rolling one hour window? It might be this old brain deteriorating though... :confused:

12. ThrustSSC

ThrustSSC Member

The only thing I needed yesterday was my mobile phone! Not my driving license, not any other ID, ...

• Disagree x 1
  13. SirRob

SirRob Member

That's my understanding. It overwrites the last 10 minutes constantly, you hit the button and it saves what's in that cache in that period.

14. roadcred

roadcred Member

Just there at 11.00. Just driving licence. They said they were processing 300 today at West Drayton. Really efficient. Great Service. I was back home by 12.30! I was quite impressed as they were dealing with about 25 per half hour.

15. m3gt2

m3gt2 Member

Well, arrived around 20 minutes early, they checked the drivers license, showed us the trunk and frunk on the showroom model along with discussing charging. Then we were taken outside to the car, checked it over and it was perfect other than a couple of tiny marks on the plastic part of the steering wheel which I'm not bothering about. Signed and on the way less than 20 minutes after arrival. Stockport was full of M3s, mainly in white and mainly performance models, which were all being prepped. The drive home was not the most exciting being very wet and very busy motorways but I did manage the odd squeeze of the 'shock pedal' :D job for tomorrow is fitting the accessories.

• Like x 2
  16. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

• Like x 2
  17. m3gt2

m3gt2 Member

I also forgot to say that the car had 5 miles on it, was charged to 71% and they made a set of plates for my personal reg FOC. Very impressed.

• Like x 2
  18. kevuwk

kevuwk Member

Was hoping for some plates when I pick up on Monday but they have already sent an email out saying they won't be making any private plates until 4th October. To top it off they have now moved my appointment back to 16:00 so I'll have to drive home through rush hour traffic on the M60

• Like x 1
  19. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

maybe they will make some up for you and mail them to you FOC?