Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does the LR Acceleration Boost cost in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can get a speeding fine in a Yaris (or insert name of lame car that can go faster than 50km/h here).
Cruise control is your friend. I just got into the habit early on of using it almost everywhere. It has saved me being gunned by a radar hiding in the bushes quite a few times, as well as fixed cameras I just forgot were there. I don't worry about speeding any more. Just one of the many advantages of our cars. But of course it's tempting to give it a squirt sometimes!

Cruise control is your friend. I just got into the habit early on of using it almost everywhere. It has saved me being gunned by a radar hiding in the bushes quite a few times, as well as fixed cameras I just forgot were there. I don't worry about speeding any more. Just one of the many advantages of our cars. But of course it's tempting to give it a squirt sometimes!
I find I'm using TACC less and less since it keeps braking and beeping at me as I steer around cars parked on the left hand side of the road. It needs to get better at identifying potential collisions (or more specifically, when the current trajectory is close but not going to hit the car) before I'm confident with using it. Occasionally I'm not ready for those cars on the side of the road and it slams on the brakes, despite the fact that I am easily going to clear it. It's just not clever enough yet. Likewise people that drive across in front of you. They don't stop, but the TACC tries to, and panics. My other half won't use cruise at all. The bong is my friend to be honest. I've been using cruise on city streets for years. But my previous cruise wasn't as clever as TACC, so it didn't brake for things I'm not going to hit!

I find I'm using TACC less and less since it keeps braking and beeping at me as I steer around cars parked on the left hand side of the road. It needs to get better at identifying potential collisions (or more specifically, when the current trajectory is close but not going to hit the car) before I'm confident with using it. Occasionally I'm not ready for those cars on the side of the road and it slams on the brakes, despite the fact that I am easily going to clear it. It's just not clever enough yet. Likewise people that drive across in front of you. They don't stop, but the TACC tries to, and panics. My other half won't use cruise at all. The bong is my friend to be honest. I've been using cruise on city streets for years. But my previous cruise wasn't as clever as TACC, so it didn't brake for things I'm not going to hit!
I had a situation the other day where TACC nearly had me run up the back of a car - it appears there's a blind spot for TACC.

I'd come from the M4 east bound and was transferring to the M7 south bound. I'd left TACC on while I was on the slip road. It had slowed to 90 then 80 and had then increased to 90 then 105. As I was about to enter the M7 there was a slow car passing the exit in the left lane. TACC missed it completely and I was only a couple of metres from hitting it when I braked to turn off the TACC.