Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What future interior styling would you choose for a Model S Rev.2.0, or beyond ?

Which interior theme would you prefer to sit in for the next 5 years ?

• Pic 1

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Pic 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pic 3

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Pic 4

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Pic 5

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Pic 6

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Pic 7

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Pic 8

• Pic 9

• Pic 10

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the things that I just thought about while viewing these interiors is that with the 17" screen, nearly all controls are affected. If the screen goes out you'd lose access to the radio, roof controls, navigation, climate, etc. In the other designs some controls would still be accessible because they're not managed via the LCD screen, true?

After 48 votes, it looks like the Existing Model S layout has won exactly 2/3rds of the votes. Which is higher than I would have thought given comments elsewhere on the forum, so perhaps the majority of people basically like it - and you cant please all the people all the time.

I voted for the displays that might be able to be customized rather than the overall layout. The information screens look much better to me than the dials shown in most of the other interiors.

In the information screen (the smaller one), it would be cool to have some numeric readouts such as: power generated, power used, battery temperature, inverter temperature, etc. in close to real time, rather than what song is playing. That's a bit lame in my opinion.

Maybe something like this:

One of the things that I just thought about while viewing these interiors is that with the 17" screen, nearly all controls are affected. If the screen goes out you'd lose access to the radio, roof controls, navigation, climate, etc. In the other designs some controls would still be accessible because they're not managed via the LCD screen, true?

if a thief rips out the 17 inch display then you have an inoperable car, that is true

I voted for the displays that might be able to be customized rather than the overall layout. The information screens look much better to me than the dials shown in most of the other interiors.

In the information screen (the smaller one), it would be cool to have some numeric readouts such as: power generated, power used, battery temperature, inverter temperature, etc. in close to real time, rather than what song is playing. That's a bit lame in my opinion.

As a C172 pilot, this picture makes me horny.

you'd always have the mobile app as a backup. and you can always press the hazard button and signal for help :p

jerry33 +1! That's awesome. In all the others, I'm afraid their car designers were genetically incapable of restraint. Give them some extra space and they'll fill it with stuff! I don't know if Tesla bought all those other cars to look at the competition, I suspect not. I suspect all the others get one of each others' cars and then panis and add whatever they don't have. That's how it feels so additive. Keep adding things and never simplify and take away - like the federal budget.

A glass cockpit. Now we're talking! (but where's the storage? Where do I put my *stuff*??)

Give me that MT Audi S5 interior or the Model S. It is weird I really seem to dislike all of the AT dash/console setups. My mom has the BMW 5 series which looks better in pictures IMO. The S5 setup is the same general arrangement as my GTI, which is why I think I like it. It is what I am used to. It looks the most spartan of all of the other cars (except the crappy Chevy one).

I'll take the Paris Hilton interior, as long as she comes along for the ride ;) I have to say that most of these other interiors do have a warmer, more luxurious look to them. The Model S interior does have a technological, sterile look that doesn't seem as cozy. Tough to describe in words. Certainly the Model S has a cleaner look. And I for one welcome the lack of buttons and knobs that can clutter a traditional dash. However, I often wonder if the 17" is too good for its own good. It sort of detracts from the look a bit, since it sticks out like a sore thumb. Perhaps a smaller sized screen, maybe even a 10" screen (the size of an iPad) would have been sufficient and it could lie more center in the dash. As it is now, it looks like it's pushing all the way to the edges of the dash and then some.

Be careful, Online. She comes with so much baggage it won't fit in the hatch or the frunk. My advice is to defer until you get a center console because you'll need a place to stash the penicillin.

After 48 votes, it looks like the Existing Model S layout has won exactly 2/3rds of the votes. Which is higher than I would have thought given comments elsewhere on the forum, so perhaps the majority of people basically like it - and you cant please all the people all the time.
Someone found a way to make a pink car look worse.

Also, I'm at a loss for words to adequately reply to Steph's post.

001modelsbananaleaf.jpg
MG]http://www.ecarspec.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/2012-tesla-model-s-Dash-Board-e1308095854737-580x367.jpg[/IMG]

Great thread!

At first I was 2, 3 (if it was real (and warmer)) then 1. But after after going though some 50 dashboards I really admired the simplicity of the Beta (#1). I even went back to look at the Alpha (above) and while I think they could have made it work, the beta is such a complete integrated design. Much more of an overall design theme. My vote is the beta over all these. How cool is it to own something this cutting edge?

That's a good point.

Also, at Geneva one of the sales reps outside the car asked the one in the car to open the frunk. He had to stop what he was demonstrating on the music player and back out 2 or 3 levels to open it. That kind of thing concerns me.

That's a good point.

Also, at Geneva one of the sales reps outside the car asked the one in the car to open the frunk. He had to stop what he was demonstrating on the music player and back out 2 or 3 levels to open it. That kind of thing concerns me.

I feel like controls that replace manual controls (assuming there's no physical trunk switch somewhere) should be easily accessible like the HVAC things are. Maybe a button that brings up a quick overlay with commonly used things like trunk and doors (similar to how I believe lights is an overlay over currently-running apps)

Flight suit pockets. Hey, that's the solution - every Model S owner gets a free flight suit!

I'd support that. :) I'm a "pocket" kind of guy. Because I tend to leave things behind and forget where I put them, I've resorted to keeping most things in my jacket in (winter) or my cargo pants. I hate most jeans because I can't stand feeling my wallet and keys and smartphone and occasionally pens. Zippered pockets are even better. That way I don't have to run to my car (or house to get something I've missed, or worse, realized I left something behind when I'm 20 miles away.

So, a flight suit or at least Tesla cargos. ;)