Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to the seats folding flat, eh Elon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it's part of his set of exciting new features for the Model X coming soon. Hopefully it's just a simple sw upgrade for those of us with cars already.;)

Can you imagine the amount of hate and discontent that would cause with the early adopters if they add folding 2nd row seats soon? Not saying they won't do it, but, wow, this place would get a bit exciting.

• Funny
Reactions: RIZE and SSD420
IMHO, the base 5 seat model (2 front, 3 mid, no rear) may get them. That's my prediction, for what it's worth. No need to move them to allow rear seat access, so no fancy seats needed. Maybe even Model S seats or some variant?

The fact that the X 2nd row seats do not fold flat has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads for the past 6+ months. Many people have come to the conclusion that Tesla decided to make the X more of a "people mover" than a "cargo carrier", and therefore focused on making the 2nd row do fancy things like having each of the 3 seats move independently and providing space under the seats for passenger's "stuff".

This has been incessantly debated many, many times on TMC. Carry on...

Reactions: X Fan
The fact that the X 2nd row seats do not fold flat has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads for the past 6+ months. Many people have come to the conclusion that Tesla decided to make the X more of a "people mover" than a "cargo carrier", and therefore focused on making the 2nd row do fancy things like having each of the 3 seats move independently and providing space under the seats for passenger's "stuff".

This has been incessantly debated many, many times on TMC. Carry on...
Sorry @ecarfan, but I never believed that Tesla purposely eliminated the 2nd row folding seat, but rather did it out of necessity to get the vehicle into production faster. Therefore, I've always believed it was in Tesla's game plan (it was a focus point at the reveal 4+ years ago). I don't believe that Tesla's design engineers will give up quite so easily and they will come through with a folding design...soon...

Reactions: SSD420
Can someone explain why Canadians feel the need to pronounce punctuation?

Note... I'm married to a Canadian. She can't explain this to me...

Eh? At the end of a sentence is an invitation to continue the conversation. Kinda like saying 'over' on a radio. As to why it is used, well, it's just part of social norms. Not unlike people finishing a sentence with a rising lilt if it is a question.

Can you imagine the amount of hate and discontent that would cause with the early adopters if they add folding 2nd row seats soon? Not saying they won't do it, but, wow, this place would get a bit exciting.

I'm pretty sure folding seats will come, and also sure many will be (justifiably) upset. It is what it is though. We went with 6 seats to give a bit more utility. These days I'm more annoyed by the shiny seat backs.

That said, we do love the X... shortcomings and all. We'd rather be in one now than waiting for the things Tesla couldn't get right the first time around.

Eh? At the end of a sentence is an invitation to continue the conversation. Kinda like saying 'over' on a radio. As to why it is used, well, it's just part of social norms. Not unlike people finishing a sentence with a rising lilt if it is a question.

Wait a sec... Aren't you from San Diego?

The funny part is that I really don't hear "Eh?" much when we visit. Not used by her family much (her dad uses it the most -- but then only once or twice a day). But my wife's cousin works "Eh?" into almost every sentence he says -- and always sounds to me like he's pronouncing the period at the end of each one!

Wait a sec... Aren't you from San Diego?

The funny part is that I really don't hear "Eh?" much when we visit. Not used by her family much (her dad uses it the most -- but then only once or twice a day). But my wife's cousin works "Eh?" into almost every sentence he says -- and always sounds to me like he's pronouncing the period at the end of each one!

I'm a transplant...