Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens after Zeebrugge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious if anyone knows what happens to the RHD cars after they disembark at Zeebrugge?

How do they get to the UK? Do they go through the Channel Tunnel? If ships are carrying thousands of cars then it's going to be hundreds of vehicle carrier trips to move them all.
How long is it expected to take?

I don't think anyone knows quite what happened last time, and even if we did, it's likely to be different from what happens for decent volume shipments.

My guess (FWIW) is that they'll go via a Ro-Ro ship into one, or maybe two UK ports (one north, one south) before being car-transporter'd to the relevant delivery location.

Based on the various texts I've had from Tesla and the fact a VIN is visible for me in the source code, I'm pretty sure my car is on the Triumph Ace ship. This is due to dock at Zeebrugge on 2nd Aug. Tesla are stating I should get my car between 12 and 25th Aug. So, although I don't know the physical process to get the car to the UK, it sounds like it'll take 10-23 days after docking to arrive ready in the showroom.

The various snippets I’ve picked up suggest that after the cars are unloaded in Zebrugge they are charged, and the PDI is done there. So far they’ve then been transported to the UK on open car transporters through the Channel Tunnel.

As this process is quite easily scalable, and gives them the most flexibility for deliveries, I can see it continuing. Although it represents a lot of car transporters, remember that there may only be one or two transporters per day to each delivery location.

Even if the cars were shipped on a boat to a UK port there is still the same logistical problem of using transporters to get them to the delivery centre.

I'm pretty sure on the first batch another boat took them to the UK, I can't remember which port, and then transporters picked up from there. There was only a week turn around before the boat getting to Zeebrugge and customers picking up there cars from Heathrow.

Based on the various texts I've had from Tesla and the fact a VIN is visible for me in the source code, I'm pretty sure my car is on the Triumph Ace ship. This is due to dock at Zeebrugge on 2nd Aug. Tesla are stating I should get my car between 12 and 25th Aug. So, although I don't know the physical process to get the car to the UK, it sounds like it'll take 10-23 days after docking to arrive ready in the showroom.

Can you advise how to check the source code for a VIN?

Got an email on 24 July saying my delivery estimate is 17 to 24 August (West Drayton collection). Had a VIN in source code for a couple of weeks before the email. I had a final invoice but was at the old pricing (P+ is my order) which I enquired about and they issued a credit note. Still waiting on corrected final invoice. VIN in source code has not changed since it was assigned and it matched the VIN in the now cancelled previous final invoice.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
Does anyone that have a car on the Triumph Ace have Final invoices yet...?
...after that 12-25 August SMS it's been pretty quiet on my account..

I'm guessing the Final Invoice with have the VIN on too.. for insurance purposes etc?

I’m assuming I’m on the Triumph Ace and have the mid-August delivery window.

Final invoice appeared in my Tesla account on July 23rd, though I had pushed for it because I required it to claim my EST loan.