Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What have you named your car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope it's ok,

First car, white P85 I named Tessi,
Second one, S85D, my son named Teddy,(because of alcantara on dash)
Third one, S85D, I named Titan,
(because of the colour)
I always said the name should have T as first letter. But now I'll be getting a new black X, and I really can't find a good name.
Ideas?

Think i found it:
temptation
(After seeing this photo as inspiration)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170811-003619.png
    Screenshot_20170811-003619.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
Reactions: Mrcook4590
It's not a bad idea. It would be (even) more obscure, but I might be able to get the matching vanity plate.
I really don't think NCC-1701-anything is obscure... :D

Name of my X will be 'Samantha' or Sammy: She does magic and the voice behind the most common voice recognition/response/IVR prompts is called 'Samantha'. (The magic part is from 'Bewitched', for those that are of a certain age....) :)

Currently it's ECLIPSE CHASER, but it's time to change that.

The first name I gave him was THE STARKSHIP ENTERPRISE

Last March while I was parked waiting for my daughter to get done with practice I named him STEALTH MODE, then 5 min later a teenage girl backed her car into the side of him while I was still parked, causing $4500 worth of damage. Too stealthy I guess:rolleyes:

Two months later I got rear ended on the freeway in stop and go traffic and then named him BUMPER MAGNET.

Other names:
CURSED (shortly after the first accident)
BLACK MONEY HOLE (After being turned down by the 3rd party insurance for the $1300 out of pocket repair costs for the first accident. They refused to pay the full "Tesla" labor rate.)
BUILT FOR THE FUTURE (after hearing the Fixx song with the same name)
BLACK HOLE (probably when I was depressed after hearing that Chris Cornell killed himself)
BLIND SPOT (hit twice in the first five months of ownership)
THE TESSA ;) (my daughter named it after her best friend)
THE BADASS MOBILE (that's obvious)
THE FUTURE (even more obvious)
FullSizeRender.jpg

On his way back from eclipse chasing.

Currently it's ECLIPSE CHASER, but it's time to change that.

The first name I gave him was THE STARKSHIP ENTERPRISE

Last March while I was parked waiting for my daughter to get done with practice I named him STEALTH MODE, then 5 min later a teenage girl backed her car into the side of him while I was still parked, causing $4500 worth of damage. Too stealthy I guess:rolleyes:

Two months later I got rear ended on the freeway in stop and go traffic and then named him BUMPER MAGNET.

Other names:
CURSED (shortly after the first accident)
BLACK MONEY HOLE (After being turned down by the 3rd party insurance for the $1300 out of pocket repair costs for the first accident. They refused to pay the full "Tesla" labor rate.)
BUILT FOR THE FUTURE (after hearing the Fixx song with the same name)
BLACK HOLE (probably when I was depressed after hearing that Chris Cornell killed himself)
BLIND SPOT (hit twice in the first five months of ownership)
THE TESSA ;) (my daughter named it after her best friend)
THE BADASS MOBILE (that's obvious)
THE FUTURE (even more obvious)
View attachment 243875
On his way back from eclipse chasing.
Poor car's going to get a complex, being called so many things! :D

• Funny
Not OP, but this was the name of Don Quixote's horse - meaning kind of "old nag" but more ... and it's also the name of a great ship in The Expanse space opera on SyFy, which in turn is based on an amazing set of books. It was among my favorite names from Don Quixote, and is again very top of mind because of The Expanse.
I got the Don Quixote reference, but wasn't his 'old nag' just like him? Maybe I don't remember it the same way. I was just curious if this was the reference. It seems that the ship from The Expanse would be more likely. Haven't watched that show, so I hadn't heard of it. Is it a good show? :)

Not OP, but this was the name of Don Quixote's horse - meaning kind of "old nag" but more ... and it's also the name of a great ship in The Expanse space opera on SyFy, which in turn is based on an amazing set of books. It was among my favorite names from Don Quixote, and is again very top of mind because of The Expanse.
Good name. Also the name of John Steinbeck's camper-pickup in "Travels with Charley".

Mine is "Xolar".