Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What height are you riding in the MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to have to try that too. Better than putting it in standard and standing on the front wheel!

I'm 5'3" so there is no hope of my reaching the entire windshield, unless Tesla were to offer a "oops your air bags broke and the car is laying on the battery belly pan" mode-- which isn't going to happen---

In the past I've owned my fair share of SUVs. There was a European market only Bilstein suspension kit that I ordered from a UK vendor (and had shipped across the pond) for my 2012 Touareg TDI, and it lowered the vehicle down about 1.5" with new springs/shocks-- and even then I still had to stand on the front tires to clean the glass. Short people problems LOL

PS: For all of the Tesla vehicles I've ever had that offer SAS I've always set it to ALWAYS for Low setting. Just looks better-- tire wear be damned!

I'm 5'3" so there is no hope of my reaching the entire windshield, unless Tesla were to offer a "oops your air bags broke and the car is laying on the battery belly pan" mode-- which isn't going to happen---

In the past I've owned my fair share of SUVs. There was a European market only Bilstein suspension kit that I ordered from a UK vendor (and had shipped across the pond) for my 2012 Touareg TDI, and it lowered the vehicle down about 1.5" with new springs/shocks-- and even then I still had to stand on the front tires to clean the glass. Short people problems LOL

PS: For all of the Tesla vehicles I've ever had that offer SAS I've always set it to ALWAYS for Low setting. Just looks better-- tire wear be damned!
And I'm 6' 1" and I can't reach it all either. I bought a 2 foot squeegee at Home Depot to help me clean it.

Reactions: arijaycomet
When I picked up the car, it was set to ALWAYS.

I immediately changed it to above 55mph. I found this caused an issue as I may be at 60mph and low, enter the turn at 40mph and the suspension starts adjusting. Mid turn, it's still adjusting back to Standard. Accelerating out, it then goes back down to low.

I now have it set to above 65mph to set to low.

I can confirm low eats inner 2inches of rear tire. My P90DL Model X has 16K on it first set lasted 12K had to go purely cause inner 2inches where gone rest of tire was good for some decent amount more time. Our new set now having 4K. Just checked them a couple weeks ago. They too are wearing in the inner 2inches as accelerated rate. Not as bad since I try to keep it on standard now.
Model X being staggered wheels make rotation a nightmare or impossible with directional tires.

Model S does the same thing. Both our P85+ & P90DL eat through inner 2inches of tire tread.

I can confirm low eats inner 2inches of rear tire. My P90DL Model X has 16K on it first set lasted 12K had to go purely cause inner 2inches where gone rest of tire was good for some decent amount more time. Our new set now having 4K. Just checked them a couple weeks ago. They too are wearing in the inner 2inches as accelerated rate. Not as bad since I try to keep it on standard now.
Model X being staggered wheels make rotation a nightmare or impossible with directional tires.

Model S does the same thing. Both our P85+ & P90DL eat through inner 2inches of tire tread.
Thanks.

Sorry, have to ask though. Have you had them check the alignment?

Reactions: Solarman004

I thought only "extra low" eats into the tires. Low also?

BTW, does low setting really improve range?