Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is it called when you're ICE'd by a Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just pulled up to a supercharger to find it full, except for one Model S (driver wasn't there) parked forward in a charging spot that was back-in. There was ample parking around, so I guess this guy thought "Tesla parking only" made it ok. Anybody else ever experience this?

There's a distinction to be made between thoughtless assholes and malicious assholes. You could try leaving a note on his windshield explaining how his actions affected you: since he was occupying the spot without being plugged in, other people (including you) were blocked out and unable to get a charge. If this is the latter type of asshole, they'll just laugh and throw the note away. But if it's the former type, it may actually make a difference in their future actions.

20171226_155527.jpg

i literally drove up on this 30 minutes ago... i was pissed tbh.

this is what you get with new ev owners and/or uneducated on ev protocol.

Wouldn't make any difference to the amount of space available if they plugged in (like everyone else) so why bashing them? Instead request more ev spots from the resort ;)

Tesla Model S was not plugged in .. I guess he could not find his J1772 to Tesla (US) Adapter or forgot to buy a CHAdeMO adapter for the ChargePoint Charger.

Ford Fusion seems to be plugged in.

Wouldn't make any difference to the amount of space available if they plugged in (like everyone else) so why bashing them? Instead request more ev spots from the resort ;)

But it does make a difference: it exposes the car to idle charges if staying long. That's why they haven't plugged in (or have plugged out and stayed parked).

This is why I think a non-plugged-in Tesla at a Supercharger means "Idled"...