Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the highest reservation number to get invite to configure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm Sig 761. For the Signature Model S, they has about 1,200 in North America (Canada and the United States). I don't believe Tesla ever officially announced how many Signature cars in North America they would have for the X. The assumption is it will be about the same as the Model S Signatures.

I'm Sig 761. For the Signature Model S, they has about 1,200 in North America (Canada and the United States). I don't believe Tesla ever officially announced how many Signature cars in North America they would have for the X. The assumption is it will be about the same as the Model S Signatures.

They said 1,200 in North America (they didn't split US/CA 1000/200 like they did with Model S - later they shifted some CA #'s to the US for MS).

Not much. Hope you are in the next batch! Perhaps by Tuesday if the past few weeks are any indication. Last Thursday (17th) was a surprise (not sure if they would go to twice a week).

It's my understanding that Tesla is still in the early stages of the ramp up, so they are still doing a lot of manual building (vs. robotic). Also, since they haven't released many details about the vehicle, a lot of people have been waiting to make the commitment. Only the truly faithful have confirmed (thank you).

I suspect that all these configuration emails have gone out were needed to find enough faithful customers in order to get enough vehicles to build. Once the details come out, I have a feeling that a lot of people will confirm and then we won't see any new Emails for quite some time while Tesla works through their new backlog. Of course, it will all depend on how fast they can ramp up.

Perhaps last Thurs config invites were in lieu of this week's (Mon/Tues) as preparations are underway for 9/29. Wish it wasn't so, but based on previous invites which went out just past midnight, the window for the Mon/Tues theory may already be closed! ...not long now either way

Looking at the data on ModelXTracker, with a few over 50 reports of "Configure e-mails" plus "Order Complete," about 60% of those that have been invited to configure have completed the order process and about 40% seem to be waiting for more info before placing their order.

This is all self reported data from those that have taken the time to enter data, but interesting non-the-less.