Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the highest reservation number to get invite to configure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all you Signature reservations holders. I don't know how Tesla is going to honour your position, but if you decide to configure and lock-in before the event, I suspect you'll get your Model-X built a lot quicker than if you wait. My guess is that a lot of people will be configuring after the event and the queue may get pretty long then.

To all you Signature reservations holders. I don't know how Tesla is going to honour your position, but if you decide to configure and lock-in before the event, I suspect you'll get your Model-X built a lot quicker than if you wait. My guess is that a lot of people will be configuring after the event and the queue may get pretty long then.
Typically your reservation number becomes meaningless as soon as you're released to configure. Tesla will assign production sequence in whatever order serves them best. This is very good advice to heed.

My next prediction is that Signature holders will be able to configure right at the event tonight after they've heard Elon, watched the founders receive their keys, seen, touched, hopefully gotten a ride in, and then had all their remaining X questions answered. At least, that's how I would have organized it... :biggrin:

Russ

PS. Planning to cruise by 900 Page very early on the way to BART to pick-up my son and report here again. He's coming down from Cal to see if we can get him in as a +2. This worked in Oct., 2011 at the Model S Factory Beta Ride Event. I went inside and pre-arranged a call to a regional sales manager's cell who verbally authorized it with the iPad folks outside. I've promised to gift him a Model 3 for graduation (May, 2018), as long as it's not late, of course!!

The "order" button is what determines a release to manufacturing. It starts the 7-day clock (that everyone must go through) before your order is released to manufacturing. You can't accelerate that clock - I'm sure many others have called and tried too, and the inside sales guy laughed, saying "we value your enthusiasm" :). At that point, production scheduling takes over. So get your order put in place ASAP.

I was a Signature Upgrader many months back and never could learn what my sequence number was. Now I have received my invitation to configure, just hours before the launch event. I still don't know my 'number' - I'm guessing everyone has received the invitation.

I was a Signature Upgrader many months back and never could learn what my sequence number was. Now I have received my invitation to configure, just hours before the launch event. I still don't know my 'number' - I'm guessing everyone has received the invitation.

Today is why you upgraded! Bet it feels pretty great. Congrats to all Sigs on the big day.

The "order" button is what determines a release to manufacturing. It starts the 7-day clock (that everyone must go through) before your order is released to manufacturing.

On the My Tesla page, there is some commented out code indicating a two week period to confirm one's order. However I don't know if that was commented out yesterday or years ago.

Doesn't matter any more. Now that live been invited your car will be placed in line to be built whenever you click "confirm."