Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the most amazing thing about your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a new owner (one month), I am still learning about my car. That, in itself is rather amazing, as every other car I have owned, I felt I knew in a matter of days.

What has amazed me the most is what I have found on this forum. I am amused by the people who worry about the color of their wheels, or whether they can beat a Lambo at a traffic light, or how the car handles 10,000 songs on a flash drive. Nothing wrong with those things.

I am mid sixties, I have owned some nice cars through the years, Porsche, MB, Lotus, and NSX, among others. In fact, we sold the NSX to clear cash and garage space for our Model S. At my age, as much fun as the NSX was to drive, it wasn't the most comfortable car to crawl into and out of. And I can't remember the last time I even shared a traffic light with a Lambo. I just like the tech, the safety, the totally adequate performance for my lifestyle of my Model S 60, and the AP. (Even AP1, though I hope to move up to the next level in a few years, as I can easily imagine my skills will diminish with time.)

The thing that amazes me about all this is that this one car appeals to people in both of these camps. THAT is amazing. What other car can do that?

The most amazing thing: the drivetrain.

This morning I was on Interstate 5 south going up the grade into the Tehachapi Mountains. It is a very steep grade. The Model S can take the grade at any speed and make it feel effortless. I set the cruise control at 70mph, sit back, and watch every other vehicle recede in the rear view mirror. The car is just as quiet as if it is on a level road.

No ICE vehicle can match that.

I've had my MS for 2 weeks and the things I love are:
1. How the handles present themselves. It's just so inviting and almost human like
2. The instant acceleration delivered
3. The fact I don't need to visit the gas station which is also related to a sense of responsibility to the environment.

I know I'm still in the "honeymoon" stage of ownership but I have a feeling the joy of owning the MS will outlast my previous luxury cars.

We've had our S 90D for 3 weeks and so far everything about the car is amazing in other words as mentioned it's the culmination of everything about the car that makes it amazing. Best car I've ever owned and getting close to convincing my brother who has always been anti EV's to replace his Maserati for a P100D that's how good it is

Reactions: EVie'sDad
The thing I like most about my Model S is the same for every BEV - no tailpipe emissions. If BEV can displace ICE for most travel, the improvements to health and the general environment will be enormous.

Why did I buy a Tesla rather than a Leaf, BMW i3,...? Range, followed by range and then range. A Tesla is the only BEV on the market that will do my 100 mile commute reliably all year round.

I love all the other stuff about the car. AP is great, the touches such as the door handles, 17" screen, etc., are fantastic. But, if someone had made a 200-mile BEV for less cost than a Tesla, I'd have bought that instead even if it lacked the other features.

For me, it's a user experience thing. Whatever I want it to do, it just DOES. No waiting, no complaining. From the acceleration, to the handling (for such a big car) to the ride and, of course the technology features...it's the first car I've owned that I didn't immediately think there was something that could be fundamentally improved. Maybe some fancier leather and plastics? But it's the first car I've ever owned that I didn't immediately want to either change the suspension on, the wheels or modify the software for more power.

It has to be the fact it's a jack of all trades AND master of all. It's this sleek, sexy sports car when I mash down the pedal and whip through curves, and then park it and admire it's beauty. It's the family cruiser when the Mrs. and 4 kids get in (and the kids constantly argue who's going to sit in the rear facing seats). It's the car that impressed my brother (who is a die hard mopar man) with the total package when I took him for a ride. It's the car of intuitive technology as it's very easy to navigate through all the extensive features of the car. It's the car of safety with some of the highest safety scores ever for a vehicle. It's the car that is much more friendly to the environment. It's the car that let's me refuel in my garage every night, and allows me to drive with a full tank every morning from my garage. All this I have realized in the 1 week I have owned the car now. All I can say is that it's been one hell of a week so far.....

The windshield, the super-HEPA filter, Autopilot and the instant acceleration are the things I love most.

But if you want to get to astounding part, the piece that feels like black magic isn't any of those - I'm utterly confounded by the car's ability to find grip for acceleration in slippery conditions. (Remember the article about the 2.5s P100D doing 2.7 seconds to 60 in pouring rain...)

Reactions: DIL
I love the way our Model S handles mountain roads, with effortless power on the climbs and ample regenerative braking on the descents. For instance, as we drove down "our" mountain this morning, down from 6100' to 1200', our battery was getting charged and I never once had to touch the brake pedal! Coming back up, it's always great to be able to pass in a flash (when appropriate).

Other likes include the sport steering setting, generous cargo space, the pano roof, the long driving range, and the awesome Supercharger network.

We ordered our clunky ol' Model S P85 way back in early 2013.

And it still is one of the very finest cars on the road....barring its newer brethren & sistren. The single most amazing thing about it, hands down, is that, other than hardware, Tesla keeps providing us new features and performance possibilities with downloads....every day's* like Christmas when we go out to the garage to find out what's new!

What other car.....what other anything....can come close to that?

*waallllll, not every day. But you understand.