Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the range after a full charge supposed to be? (85Kw)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious if we are all getting a fill charge.
I charge daily - non range mode - at about 20 Amps, and my range at the completion of charge is always 230 miles.
At one point, I saw 240, but I think that was an anomaly. (fw 4.1 - currently at 4.2)

What "Completed" charge range do others see?

I've had mine since Sunday. I've charged it every night at the non range mode at 40amps. I get between 235 and 237 at the completion of charge. Since I charge starting at midnight, I don't actually look at the charge until the morning, well after it has completed charging. However, it is still plugged in. I normally leave it plugged in until the first drive of the day. I don't plug it back in until midnight (when the lowest TOU charges begin - right now it is less than 5 cents/khr at off-peak times).

Last edited:
As I recall, I was getting 235 when on the other system: I prefer to use "ideal" miles for several reasons. Ideal miles charge to 275 in Standard and 305 in Range as per yesterday. You can convert these, I would suppose, to the other system, or someone else will. I have a headache and can't think right now.

On a Standard charge the rated range for me is usually 241 right after charging is complete. It settles into the upper 230s within a few hours. With the vampire load, you almost have to ask how long after the charge is complete do you check your voltage.

On my 60kWh pack (yeah, I guess I'm off topic), I get 190 standard and 197 range (rated miles). But I noticed when I ranged charged that it continued to charge for a while after I hit 197, and I had to drive about 10 miles before it dropped below 197. What's up with that?

On a Standard charge the rated range for me is usually 241 right after charging is complete. It settles into the upper 230s within a few hours. With the vampire load, you almost have to ask how long after the charge is complete do you check your voltage.

Agreed. 240 or 241 when it stops. somewhere in the 230s when I unplug it. after the vampire load sucks enough power, I think it starts charging again as I've never seen it below 230 even over the weekend.

I'm getting average 241, several times after recharging more than 100 miles, I've seen 244, but if the car sits, vampire load takes the rated miles down to about 236 or so from the night before. If I restart charging, it usually recharges to 241 in about 10-15 minutes though. I'm glad I can do this remotely now :)

I'm getting average 241, several times after recharging more than 100 miles, I've seen 244, but if the car sits, vampire load takes the rated miles down to about 236 or so from the night before. If I restart charging, it usually recharges to 241 in about 10-15 minutes though. I'm glad I can do this remotely now :)

Here is the current state, at this very moment...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360974376.605739.jpg

Did a range mode charge this morning. It showed 267 miles when I got in it.

My car completes a standard mode charge at 240-241 miles (then usually loses 3-5 miles overnight).

On my 60kWh pack (yeah, I guess I'm off topic), I get 190 standard and 197 range (rated miles). But I noticed when I ranged charged that it continued to charge for a while after I hit 197, and I had to drive about 10 miles before it dropped below 197. What's up with that?

Thats interesting. Ive never seen more than 185 on a standard charge with my 60. I wonder if the difference is the vampire load. I havent been motivated to check the car at 2 am for the charge level when it finishes charging thus far.