Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your primary reason for wanting to own a Model 3?

What is your primary reason for wanting to own a Model 3?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Performance but I think a huge part of that is also what the car doesn't have. No emissions test, No Transmission issues, no oil changes etc. Close second for me is tech love the auto pilot tech and all the connected services that come with the car and no service fees.

I really can't pick any one reason. ALL of the reasons in the poll are up there for me (except Tesla being the cool, hip car - I followed Tesla before it was cool)

I have to replace my Camry soon (just shy of 300K miles and things are starting to go). I want to be more environmentally conscious. I want to save money. I like the performance. I want to put my money where my mouth is on climate change. I can't afford an S or an X, even the '3', at over $50K if I get what I want, is a stretch. I love the thought of AP. I'm salivating at the thought of how much LESS there is to repair on this car over the years.

No dig against the guy who created the poll at all. Just honestly saying, there was never any ONE reason, and I can't even come up with a "most important" reason of all the ones I have.

I really can't pick any one reason. ALL of the reasons in the poll are up there for me (except Tesla being the cool, hip car - I followed Tesla before it was cool)

I have to replace my Camry soon (just shy of 300K miles and things are starting to go). I want to be more environmentally conscious. I want to save money. I like the performance. I want to put my money where my mouth is on climate change. I can't afford an S or an X, even the '3', at over $50K if I get what I want, is a stretch. I love the thought of AP. I'm salivating at the thought of how much LESS there is to repair on this car over the years.

No dig against the guy who created the poll at all. Just honestly saying, there was never any ONE reason, and I can't even come up with a "most important" reason of all the ones I have.

You pick the "best" one. You really view all of your multitude of reasons as being weighted EXACTLY THE SAME?

Silly.

My reason: my ass will sweat less. Seriously. I'm in a state with four seasons and being able to remotely control the climate is such a huge perk for me. I abhor sitting down on a hot car seat in the summer, as the sun beats down on my portable solar oven. Using my phone 10 minutes before I leave work to precondition the interior is the "holy *sugar*, the future is now" thing for me.

My reason: my ass will sweat less. Seriously. I'm in a state with four seasons and being able to remotely control the climate is such a huge perk for me. I abhor sitting down on a hot car seat in the summer, as the sun beats down on my portable solar oven. Using my phone 10 minutes before I leave work to precondition the interior is the "holy *sugar*, the future is now" thing for me.

So technology then.

I missed the "ass sweating" poll choice. Sorry.

My car is used mostly for a 40 mile commute to work. An electric vehicle makes sense. My impression of the Tesla brand was one of innovation and the highest safety standards. Before deciding on the model 3, I spent about 6 months test driving luxury cars. I am unsure at this point if I’m going to purchase the M3. I read a tweet by Elon “sort of” comparing the M3 to the BMW 3 series and the Audi A4. I wouldn’t spend 50k on either of these cars so that really has me concerned. And with recent reports of a high level of remanufactured parts, I wonder if I’m trading technology for quality. I expect that whatever vehicle I buy at 50k will be reliable and good quality. Not sure if I’ll get that with the model 3 or not.