Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your primary reason for wanting to own a Model 3?

What is your primary reason for wanting to own a Model 3?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

voip-ninja

Give me some sugar baby
Mar 15, 2012
Colorado
This has come up a few times and I thought it would be helpful to have a poll on the subject and area to discuss.

People will choose the Model 3 for many reasons, but I think that a handful of them are primary motivators for perspective buyers.

Please choose your Primary reason for choosing a Tesla vehicle and feel free to discuss.

Reactions: rabar10
I wanted a Model 3 because I already drive an EV (Leaf), so four of the five up there aren't Tesla specific.
The main reasons I wanted Tesla, was the combination of.
Range
Superchargers
Integrated system of car/charger/subsystems etc all compliment each other
Destination charger program
No Dealers - really big one there

Real reason for Model 3
Model S & X are way too big for me. I don't need that size car.

Next on the list
Solar panels and Powerwall

Reasons 1,2,3 & 5 are all to do with driving any EV (so Bolt, Leaf, i3 etc), not just a Model 3 :)

I wanted a Model 3 because I already drive an EV (Leaf), so four of the five up there aren't Tesla specific.
Range
Superchargers

Real reason for Model 3

Next on the list

Reasons 1,2,3 & 5 are all to do with driving any EV (so Bolt, Leaf, i3 etc), not just a Model 3 :)
Ditto for me. I no longer have a Leaf but love EV and Tesla does things right, in my opinion, Also will get power wall and solar roof within next few years. And trade one of my ICE vehicles for the Model Y when available.

Range
Superchargers

Real reason for Model 3

Next on the list

Just my two bits but I would put you in the "technology" category. Label it "Tesla technology" if you like, supercharger, range, all of that is technology related and specific to Tesla at this time.

Driving ICE vehicles for 53 years, I felt it was long past time to cut the chord and go EV. Once I learned that for every gallon of gasoline that I burn I'm pumping 20 lbs. of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, that was it.

Plus, I love the technology!!

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
None of the above. I leased a Leaf for 3 years and am addicted to the electric driving experience:
- the instant, smooth acceleration (no transmission shifts)
- regenerative braking (less use of the brake pedal)
- the convenience of plugging in at home

forgot to add:
- the frugality of it -- I will be buying the small battery 3, and expect it to be extremely affordable in the long term to run and maintain (could be wrong, of course).

forgot to add:
- the frugality of it -- I will be buying the small battery 3, and expect it to be extremely affordable in the long term to run and maintain (could be wrong, of course).

Your insurance may disagree with you. Tesla is a luxury automaker - unless you already drive a luxury ICE automobile (BMW, Lexus, etc), there's an almost chance your insurance and registration rates will go up by a significant amount.

Your insurance may disagree with you. Tesla is a luxury automaker - unless you already drive a luxury ICE automobile (BMW, Lexus, etc), there's an almost chance your insurance and registration rates will go up by a significant amount.

Well if he keeps it long term the fuel savings and lower maintenance costs would hopefully more than cover higher insurance premiums and more expensive registration.

I had to seriously do an honest gut-check response to this. There's a lot of reasons but if I'm honest about it, it's the same desire I had about getting my first iPhone. It's is an innovative tech device that's more in my price range than the S or X. All other reasons I could circumvent with reasoning (i.e. I could get a cheaper used Volt or Leaf and use it only for commuting). It's a passion purchase, for sure.

Reactions: AlanSqB