Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Kind of Car Did The Model 3 Replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo. The model 3 is a fine car, but probably a more suitable Subaru WRX replacement. Everything feels like the time and effort went into the tech and powertrain, then in the 11th hour they decided they ought to build a car around it.

Don't worry, I fully understand I'm comparing a $58k car in today's money to a $142k car in 2011 money. Model 3 is 'fine'

Reactions: ducktales
2005 Scion TC with 230k miles. The difference is night and day. It is much nicer to have functioning air conditioning again in Texas. I still have my Scion so I can haul anything needed for my garden, but otherwise it sits around and costs $45 a month in insurance. If I dropped off my car at the service center today, I would have needed it since they were out of loaners.

2017 GTR. The Model 3P blows it away!

Jk, keeping the beast and replacing a 14 Civic SI I boosted that keeps giving me problems with the M3P. Can't wait to compare it with the GTR. Funny even saying that as it's half the cost... Crossing fingers for a delivery this month...

2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited... if I can find a buyer to takeover my lease

Attachments

• 66C25828-71EA-4F6C-BDC3-C51AA7B9AAEF.jpeg
    66C25828-71EA-4F6C-BDC3-C51AA7B9AAEF.jpeg
    571.2 KB · Views: 84