Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is someone else interested in Niu (Chinese Electric Scooter company)?
Investor Relations - Niu Technologies

The company is growing rapidly (at the moment 70-100% revenue yoy).
They are like Tesla in the premium section of the market (using Panasonic cells and a good smartphone app)
In addition, they achieved a net profit with a solid gross-margin in Q1.
Roughly 80-90% of the sales are in China. They are, in the subset of Lithium-Ion scooter companies, among the market leaders.
In Europe, the scooters from Niu are, in my perspective, the best value/cost option in the market with rising market shares.

The stock price decreased rapidly from over 13 USD to 6 USD. Implying only a 10 PE ratio for next year.
I did some research on my own (especially for Europe and the US). The company seems to be fine in those regions. See as a proxy e.g. google searches: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2017-01-01 2019-07-07&q=Niu scooter,Niu roller,Niu ngt&hl=de&tz=-120

However, their main market China is a black box for me. In China, a regulation on electric bikes went into effect in April. Unfortunately, my Mandarin is non-existent and Google translate only helps partially.

Even so I don't like SA (due to a potential bias against TSLA), for Niu a good article was published: https://seekingalpha.com/article/42...st-mover-advantage-key-urban-mobility-markets

Overall, I think Niu might be a great investment opportunity. Would be great to have some other insights and opinions, too. Especially someone with access to Chinese information (e.g. Baidu search index for the company) would be highly appreciated.

Since my last post, the stock price (~10 Dollar) and the company developed quite well.
We (other sophisticated retail investors and myself) started to build a small, non-public investor group specifically for ongoing analysis of Niu. We're currently looking specifically for someone based in mainland China (or, at the very least, who speaks Mandarin well enough to navigate/decipher the public information that is available about Niu in Chinese.) If interested, please send me a direct message.

• Helpful
Reactions: Buckminster
Since my last post, the stock price (~10 Dollar) and the company developed quite well.
We (other sophisticated retail investors and myself) started to build a small, non-public investor group specifically for ongoing analysis of Niu. We're currently looking specifically for someone based in mainland China (or, at the very least, who speaks Mandarin well enough to navigate/decipher the public information that is available about Niu in Chinese.) If interested, please send me a direct message.
Some good reviews for their product here:
NQiGTS Pro - 45mph
Market cap of $750m and P/E ratio of 41 - nice.

• Helpful
Reactions: Todesbuckler
nice! It’s on my consider list for today. What happens when it’s delisted?

That's the Risk you take. I guess moves into penny stock.
I think some big players in China can step in to buy LK (that's what I am betting on)

Small risk big gain. (small capital allocation)
In the past . AAL was goin bankrupt, bought for $3, sold at$20. Freddie Mac bought 10000 @ $.30, sold at $5 :) cheers

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: phantasms
So, not a tech stock. But anyway...

Two weeks ago, my wife says to me:
Those new neighbors across the road get a delivery every few minutes! (Mild exaggeration.) Think of all the boxes! I wonder who makes them? We should invest in them.
So, the next day (May 21st) I did some basic research. The biggest supplier of paper products in the US is Avery Dennison ($AVY) (pretty much all paper cups, take-out food and coffee packaging, stuff like that, also most copier/printer paper). Second, International Paper. Went down to our garage, overflowing with empty boxes too... Amazon branded boxes are made by $IP. Third is that old and diversified company, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing, better known now as 3M, $MMM. All three issue dividends, yield between 2.15% (AVY) , 4% (MMM) to 6.5% (IP). So I bought "toe dipping" amounts of all three. I don't have time to do broad research, so the way I track stuff is to put it into my portfolio, which I review weekly (except for TSLA which is always on-screen when the market is open). Anyway, here's a comparison chart, purple is MMM, pink is ^SPX (I don't know why they aren't listed in the legend).

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 13.59.52 .png

So, not a tech stock. But anyway...

Two weeks ago, my wife says to me:

So, the next day (May 21st) I did some basic research. The biggest supplier of paper products in the US is Avery Dennison ($AVY) (pretty much all paper cups, take-out food and coffee packaging, stuff like that, also most copier/printer paper). Second, International Paper. Went down to our garage, overflowing with empty boxes too... Amazon branded boxes are made by $IP. Third is that old and diversified company, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing, better known now as 3M, $MMM. All three issue dividends, yield between 2.15% (AVY) , 4% (MMM) to 6.5% (IP). So I bought "toe dipping" amounts of all three. I don't have time to do broad research, so the way I track stuff is to put it into my portfolio, which I review weekly (except for TSLA which is always on-screen when the market is open). Anyway, here's a comparison chart, purple is MMM, pink is ^SPX (I don't know why they aren't listed in the legend).

View attachment 547354
They are tech stocks kinda, be it cardboard tech :). (In all seriousness I guess a lot of R&D goes in to creating lighter, cheaper, stronger boxes that are better for the environment.)

Great info @ggr !

FOUR (Shift Four Inc) IPOed on Friday at $22. They provide back end payment services to a wide range of VARs and specific industry retail. First price you could buy it at was $32.50, more or less which is what I bought in at. Doing well.

Crazy times we're in. While growth stocks took a big hit this year, they've rebounded just as fast. Here's what my growth portfolio looks like compared to the S&P 500:

upload_2020-6-8_12-51-2.png

• Helpful
Reactions: riverFox and EinSV
I have diversified away from TSLA LEAPS in the last couple of months and now have some Tesla shares and other stuff. TSLA LEAPS are 90% of my portfolio and looking to leverage up sooner rather than later. I wanted to thank you all on this thread with ideas for stocks. I have added them with next to zero analysis. I trust you guys and when your thoughts match mine, I have bought a little.

Fiverr International Ltd
Lululemon Athletica Inc.
Microsoft Corp.
Nano One Materials Corp.
Niu Technologies
Square Inc.
Stratasys Ltd
Zillow Group Inc.
Zoom Video Communications Inc.
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Alphabet Inc. - C Share
Amazon.comInc.
Arcimoto Inc.
Beyond Meat Inc.
Bitcoin Tracker One XBT Provider - ETN SEK
DocuSign Inc.

These are all in the green with half up over 18% in just a month or two. Of course, it is like shooting fish in a barrel right now.
Let me know if I should drop any of these. Thanks again.