Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have diversified away from TSLA LEAPS in the last couple of months and now have some Tesla shares and other stuff. TSLA LEAPS are 90% of my portfolio and looking to leverage up sooner rather than later. I wanted to thank you all on this thread with ideas for stocks. I have added them with next to zero analysis. I trust you guys and when your thoughts match mine, I have bought a little.

Fiverr International Ltd
Lululemon Athletica Inc.
Microsoft Corp.
Nano One Materials Corp.
Niu Technologies
Square Inc.
Stratasys Ltd
Zillow Group Inc.
Zoom Video Communications Inc.
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Alphabet Inc. - C Share
Amazon.comInc.
Arcimoto Inc.
Beyond Meat Inc.
Bitcoin Tracker One XBT Provider - ETN SEK
DocuSign Inc.

These are all in the green with half up over 18% in just a month or two. Of course, it is like shooting fish in a barrel right now.
Let me know if I should drop any of these. Thanks again.
That’s a nice list.. I’d be ready to take some profits in the next 30-75 days.

Any reason why Arcimoto jumped today about 15% (it was more than 20% at one point)? I don't see any news....

This patent:
United States Patent: 10676148
Just seems to cover the layout of the vehicle. I would imagine that others could copy something fairly similar without infringing. I think they are onto something with this form factor. Some of the advantages of cars and bikes in one design. They should hire Gordon Murray - his iStream tech could work here.

This patent:
United States Patent: 10676148
Just seems to cover the layout of the vehicle. I would imagine that others could copy something fairly similar without infringing. I think they are onto something with this form factor. Some of the advantages of cars and bikes in one design. They should hire Gordon Murray - his iStream tech could work here.

Thanks! Yes, that seems to be it. Arcimoto is a very interesting vehicle - not a Tesla competitor, but the kind of car every family would want to have as a backup, for a quick visit to the store, or for the average daily commute to the nearby job. If the price drops to around 6-8 thousand dollars, it really could be a big winner.

Thanks! Yes, that seems to be it. Arcimoto is a very interesting vehicle - not a Tesla competitor, but the kind of car every family would want to have as a backup, for a quick visit to the store, or for the average daily commute to the nearby job. If the price drops to around 6-8 thousand dollars, it really could be a big winner.
I'm spacing on the name at the moment, but there was a very similar (and very hyped) vehicle being developed in San Diego about 10 years ago. There was a big stink when they ran out of money, and the bailout investor wanted to take it from being bare-bones, make it bigger, blah blah, eventually fired the original owners, then went out backward again anyway. There's these guys, ElectroMeccanica Solo, and a few others all working on cheap 3-wheelers. They can be cheap because they are exempt from pretty much all the safety regulations. You won't catch me in/on one.

That’s a common sentiment. What’s you thinking about this?
I definitely expect to hold these a little longer than 75 days. They are mostly positions designed to capitalise from new WFH lifestyle going forwards. Take Zoom for instance - this could take a couple of years to play out:

Traditional style company stocks crash - August 2020
Money moved to Zoom - August 2020
Companies recall their staff - September 2020
Staff ask IT director for Zoom at the water cooler
Employees start leaving for WFH jobs - March 2021
Companies send folk home and halve their office footprint - December 2021
Companies invest in new IT for the new world - December 2021
Buckminster moves money to Starlink IPO - April 2022

Reactions: mars_or_bust
I’ve been watching nvidia too. How much more room do you think it has to go up in the next month or 2?

or are you long NVDA?
I've been long NVDA for over a decade haha. My original purchase of NVDA was $11.80 a share. What a long strange trip it's been since then. Only TSLA has performed better during the same period.

NVDA pulls back after a run as a matter of course. I remember during the crypto crash when NVDA fell from what was the ATH of around $290 down to nearly $120 before recovering to where it is today. It's very volatile but I've held on with both hands because they have no competition to speak of in all of their important markets.

I've been long NVDA for over a decade haha. My original purchase of NVDA was $11.80 a share. What a long strange trip it's been since then. Only TSLA has performed better during the same period.

NVDA pulls back after a run as a matter of course. I remember during the crypto crash when NVDA fell from what was the ATH of around $290 down to nearly $120 before recovering to where it is today. It's very volatile but I've held on with both hands because they have no competition to speak of in all of their important markets.

Wow - that is a long hold.

what about AMD? Bought both AMD & NVDA yesterday - after watching them for a while.

anyone better than them & Tesla to benefit from the AI / robotics plays ?

I've recently invested in Lightspeed to support Canadians. Could be the next Shopify, not sure, but the destruction of businesses will bring about new business and give a chance to younger owners that might consider a more new age POS system. For the shorter term, their restaurant ordering menu system will help in social distancing and eliminate the need for servers. It happens to have synergy with a Pandemic situation.

Going forward, I believe that the gig economy and contract work will become the accepted norm. Corporation will use this Pandemic to layoff seasoned full time workers and turn them into part time or contract workers. Shedding legacy union burden and retirement fund responsibilities. Stocks like Fiverr (someone mentioned) and its competitor Upwork (upwk) stand to benefit from these. One company that I've been following and waiting to IPO is taskrabbit. I've known them ever since they begin but sadly, it got bought by Ikea.

For the general trend of what app/startup will take off. I suggest looking into what is new and hot in China right now. If you noticed the recent trend of delivery apps like uber eats, kitchensurfing etc, they were just business model copies of already well established Chinese apps. It is probably hard to swallow the fact that China is innovating faster than the west on the app side, but fact is fact. China benefits a lot from efficiency of scale as the population density means that what cannot work here will work in China.

Last edited:
I've recently invested in Lightspeed to support Canadians. Could be the next Shopify, not sure, but the destruction of businesses will bring about new business and give a chance to younger owners that might consider a more new age POS system. For the shorter term, their restaurant ordering menu system will help in social distancing and eliminate the need for servers. It happens to have synergy with a Pandemic situation.

Going forward, I believe that the gig economy and contract work will become the accepted norm. Corporation will use this Pandemic to layoff seasoned full time workers and turn them into part time or contract workers. Shedding legacy union burden and retirement fund responsibilities. Stocks like Fiverr (someone mentioned) and its competitor Upwork (upwk) stand to benefit from these. One company that I've been following and waiting to IPO is taskrabbit. I've known them ever since they begin but sadly, it got bought by Ikea.

For the general trend of what app/startup will take off. I suggest looking into what is new and hot in China right now. If you noticed the recent trend of delivery apps like uber eats, kitchensurfing etc, they were just business model copies of already well established Chinese apps. It is probably hard to swallow the fact that China is innovating faster than the west on the app side, but fact is fact. China benefits a lot from efficiency of scale as the population density means that what cannot work here will work in China.

Nice. It looks like the Lightspeed IPO is about a year old and the company itself is about 15 years old. I'll take a look at it.

Nice. It looks like the Lightspeed IPO is about a year old and the company itself is about 15 years old. I'll take a look at it.

Just don't blow them up please.

Some of you have too much capital. These are small caps and cannot stomach $1 mil buy-ins.

Disclaimer: I own LSPD.TO and have finished hoarding the stock.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: replicant
Jim Keller's sudden departure from Intel is a big deal. I won't say more about it, just Google the guy's name and you'll understand.

If I had INTC I would have sold it all immediately on this news. Since I already hold NVDA nothing significant will happen there but if I wasn't already in AMD I would have gone long on this news. If you are feeling particularly frisky, get some LEAP's and put INTC. They are not showing any signs they will ever figure out how to get past 14 nm process node, that was Keller's job at Intel and now he's gone.

Jim Keller's sudden departure from Intel is a big deal. I won't say more about it, just Google the guy's name and you'll understand.

If I had INTC I would have sold it all immediately on this news. Since I already hold NVDA nothing significant will happen there but if I wasn't already in AMD I would have gone long on this news. If you are feeling particularly frisky, get some LEAP's and put INTC. They are not showing any signs they will ever figure out how to get past 14 nm process node, that was Keller's job at Intel and now he's gone.

So this is why USA kept pushing TSMC to establish a factory in North America.

I would buy TSMC instead of AMD.

Wow, he was just at that tech conference this past spring talking about what Intel has done...

So, the thing that gives me pause about Lightspeed, is that their customers are retail, hospitality and golf courses. None of those are particularly great industries. Retail is constantly under pressure from Amazon. Golf is not a growth industry. The only one that will do moderately well is hospitality (after we work through bankruptcies from coronavirus). Now I realize Lightspeed enables e-commerce, but you are still competing with Amazon. And it is true that even if the industries themselves aren't growing tons, it doesn't mean Lightspeed can't grab a bigger market share.

Nonetheless, what do you think of this?