Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless it moons at opening, I’m going to buy Hertz stock (and/or warrants) today. It trades as HTZZ - currently pink sheets post-bankruptcy but will be joining the NASDAQ eventually. I think being linked to Tesla will help the stock a lot and also I like to support companies that boost Tesla and make positive moves for the environment. Who knows - maybe this is their stepping stone to being part of the (hopefully one day) robotaxi network?

Unless it moons at opening, I’m going to buy Hertz stock (and/or warrants) today. It trades as HTZZ - currently pink sheets post-bankruptcy but will be joining the NASDAQ eventually. I think being linked to Tesla will help the stock a lot and also I like to support companies that boost Tesla and make positive moves for the environment. Who knows - maybe this is their stepping stone to being part of the (hopefully one day) robotaxi network?

Looks like they are applying to "Re-IPO" after bankruptcy filing last year, HTZ to be the new ticker (perhaps?).

I can't see the full article, paywall.

Under the collaboration, Proterra will supply its H Series battery system technology to Komatsu for the development of battery-electric LHDs, drills and bolters for underground hard rock mining. Mining equipment and services provider Komatsu plans to utilize Proterra’s high-performance battery systems for the development of prototype machines this year before the expected commencement of commercial production in 2022.
The collaboration represents Proterra’s entry into the underground mining equipment market.

• Informative
Reactions: abasile and CarlS
A couple companies are IPOing soon that people might be interested in:
  • FLNC: Fluence Energy, Inc. - A battery storage company (Siemens and AES involved)
    • Our Mission Our mission is to transform the way we power our world for a more sustainable future.
  • GFS: GlobalFoundries Inc. - A large chip manufacturer.

Reactions: Nocturnal
A couple companies are IPOing soon that people might be interested in:
  • FLNC: Fluence Energy, Inc. - A battery storage company (Siemens and AES involved)
    • Our Mission Our mission is to transform the way we power our world for a more sustainable future.
  • GFS: GlobalFoundries Inc. - A large chip manufacturer.

GFS is owned primarily by the Saudi's. Won't touch it with a 100000 ft pole.

But thanks.

If anyone holds any MP Materials best to get out now. They are a rare earth metals mining company. Grizzly Research put out a report today that indicates some shenanigans going on.
MP Materials Stock Drops Following Grizzly Research Short Report

I had a small amount and began to investigate when I saw it drop over $4 today. Fortunately I was still in profit, so I sold in the aftermarket. Even if the Grizzly Research report turns out to be wrong, the stock is likely going to stay down a while.

If anyone holds any MP Materials best to get out now. They are a rare earth metals mining company. Grizzly Research put out a report today that indicates some shenanigans going on.
MP Materials Stock Drops Following Grizzly Research Short Report

I had a small amount and began to investigate when I saw it drop over $4 today. Fortunately I was still in profit, so I sold in the aftermarket. Even if the Grizzly Research report turns out to be wrong, the stock is likely going to stay down a while.
I have to be suspicious of short reports, especially released when MP was getting close to a 6 month high and a week before earnings report.

MP has a tweet thread response

I have to be suspicious of short reports, especially released when MP was getting close to a 6 month high and a week before earnings report.

And really interesting the number of retweets of that short seller report that have the #ad tag in them: https://twitter.com/search?q=#ad $MP&src=typed_query&f=top

So they not only published a "report" but most likely paid a bunch of people to push it.

Good to know, but as I said, MP Materials will probably be down for a while. I'll keep watching it. I cashed out with a reasonable profit. Maybe I'll jump back in when it hits bottom.

I took a small position in BYD after hearing of the rumored partnership with Tesla. Even if the rumor doesn't pan out, I expect it to do well.

That microinverter for battery-free microgrids really caught my eye. Intriguing possibilities.
there is a video about 3 years old of an IQ8 microinverter and a single PV panel running some items, without battery buffer and balancing output with demand until demand exceeds supply of electrons, then 1 item turned off and microgrid/single microinverter gets all going again.
that’s when i bought a lot of ENPH around $10-$15, cashed a bit out to get more TSLA.
(they did a demo at our EV club, EVADC, 10-15+ years back)
(spouse dislikes margin interest but 104% invested)
i’m but a tiny tiny investor in both, my second PV system uses IQ 7 microinverters, first was Omnion MPPT string inverter
futures so bright gotta wear 😎

there is a video about 3 years old of an IQ8 microinverter and a single PV panel running some items, without battery buffer and balancing output with demand until demand exceeds supply of electrons, then 1 item turned off and microgrid/single microinverter gets all going again.
that’s when i bought a lot of ENPH around $10-$15, cashed a bit out to get more TSLA.
(they did a demo at our EV club, EVADC, 10-15+ years back)
(spouse dislikes margin interest but 104% invested)
i’m but a tiny tiny investor in both, my second PV system uses IQ 7 microinverters, first was Omnion MPPT string inverter
futures so bright gotta wear 😎
I've been talking to a lot of Virgin Islanders about the possibilities of just today's technology and how it could impact their lives. The variance is so high, they literally don't believe me.

Turns out you don't have to pay some scumbag central utility $.50/kWh for terriblly balanced juice that blacks out 4 or 5 hours per week. 2025 reality is going to be amazing.

Reactions: CarlS
Who could have guessed?

A review of regulatory filings shows that while ARC has been actively involved in the creation of SPACs, especially over the past two years, its executives ran into trouble with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in 2017. The regulator sued to block the initial public offerings of three companies where the four men had leading roles, accusing them of misrepresenting their connections, misstating the nature and scope of their businesses and failing to cooperate with regulators.

The executives did not show up at hearings, and a judge entered default judgment in the regulator's favor, regulatory filings show. The result was a rare so-called stop order, which prohibited the executives from taking their companies – Go EZ Corp, Arc Lifestyle Group Inc and Nova Smart Solutions Inc - public.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS
Who could have guessed?

When something is only being kept up by hot air, it will come crashing back to earth.

Reactions: CarlS and JRP3