Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone, for some reason, is still holding any GTAT stock it's up a whopping 50%* today after this press release:

http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2015/08/31/764721/10147622/en/GT-Advanced-Technologies-Announces-Global-Reduction-in-Force.html

There could be a very minute chance they could make it out of bankruptcy, restructure and restart their business.

*After being down 99% from its 2014 value :tongue:

GTAT Ticker

Dang....I sold mine before the big plunge but maybe it would have helped those LEAPS that I sold for scrape.....:wink:

I still own some shares. I've written them off but still hold as a reminder of my bad decision. Up 50% of 1% is not that exciting.

You are a better man than I. I was going to do that with those LEAPS but could not bear starring at that 'red' with 100% next to it. I remind myself now by periodically making a bad TSLA call or put decision.:wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Not public yet, but one to watch: Carbon3D | CLIP Technology - Breakthrough technology centered on tunable photochemical process for layerless 3D printing

Google Ventures recently invested $100 million. A couple good people from Tesla are on the leadership team.

Just joined the mailing list..thanks

Not public yet, but one to watch: Carbon3D | CLIP Technology - Breakthrough technology centered on tunable photochemical process for layerless 3D printing

Google Ventures recently invested $100 million. A couple good people from Tesla are on the leadership team.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing! Although I wonder if AI will be figuring this stuff out for us in the future....checking how certain materials are created and then processing to see if it's the best option or what would be the best option.

This is brilliant!

Sometimes we might be able to invest in companies even before they become public. As an angel investor or a seed investor. I recently invested in one.

Any idea if we can get into Carbon3D?

I'm remembering GTAT tonight as last year's Apple event was when we found out they are not using sapphire. I can't wait for my Jan 2016s in GTAT expire so I can forget about getting swept up in that hysteria. The good news is I am still intact which sadly can't be said for everyone. Life's little lessons.

NFLX has been odd lately.

Another piece of info, which is self evident (so sorry for repitition), regarding nflx is that it comes with a button to launch on regular tvs. That is very big, since now kiddos go directly to netflix. Speaking from my own experience, my kiddos have no interest in cable tv or its programs, they just adjust to what is available on netflix. My littlest, 3, even scans the episodes of little einsteins/arthur/etc to see which one she wants to watch...

Another piece of info, which is self evident (so sorry for repitition), regarding nflx is that it comes with a button to launch on regular tvs. That is very big, since now kiddos go directly to netflix. Speaking from my own experience, my kiddos have no interest in cable tv or its programs, they just adjust to what is available on netflix. My littlest, 3, even scans the episodes of little einsteins/arthur/etc to see which one she wants to watch...

Yeah, I see that as well. I think it got knocked down because of Epix signing with Hulu instead of renewing with Netflix.

MBLY in mid August had incredible earnings & raised guidance that caused a spike to $64, as you know I am not that bullish on the broad market so I trimmed my position by 40% when trading at $58, I am a fan of management & their products but valuations are still ridicules in this market environment & risks of a death attributed to their systems still need to be ironed out soon.

Looking at the chart the 200 SMA is at $46.75 so you might take a shot but I will likely sitting on the sidelines until late October.

+1. Last night my 7 year old said "I like netflix 1000x more than regular TV". And this is really convenient TIVO'ed TV. Streaming is the future. Netflix may not keep it's market share but traditional cable is a dinosaur.