Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And while all are cogitating on that, I've thought it would be insightful for all to glean through your posts in this thread, and let us know - if you dare - how your picks have fared - and over how long a period. I know that I am just as off on, eg., the infamous GTAT as I got it right with another certain name.

Mobileye and Lucid announced a deal: Lucid Motors’ autonomous tech in its all-electric sedan will be powered by Tesla’s former partner Mobileye

Lucid will purchase the EyeQ4 platform for visual processing in its cars. Each car will use two EyeQ4 processors.

This is some welcome good news for Mobileye, as they got a black eye last year from the Tesla breakup, and was still contending with snarky remarks from famous hacker George Hotz, who said that Mobileye technology was not very good. The autonomous car race is still very much alive.

Hello, everyone! Any thoughts on the best stock picks for 2017 in the light of the Trump tax reform, other Trump-related factors?

I am also curious on this question. Judging by his tweets I would like to pick up some volatility related ETF's, ie. the more volatile and swings in the market, the better you do. . I know fluxcap has mentioned a few before but cannot seem to remember which ones he recommends.

I am also not sure where to post this...but found it great.
I don’t give a **** if we agree about climate change.

Thoughts on XGTI I've seen speculation they will supply wifi hotspot hardware for Tesla cars. If it's true coupled with spacex sat internet constellation Tesla could be a major mobile communications service provider. XGTI is up 40% today following their recompliance with nasdaq listing procedures. It's at ~2 dollars a share now. Was 270 a share 2 years ago. Could be a nvda level partner to them if I am right about them planning on being a telecom provider with spacex. XGTI tech alledgidly had a wifi mesh tech and a multi mile wifi range.

Reactions: MXWing
I am also curious on this question. Judging by his tweets I would like to pick up some volatility related ETF's, ie. the more volatile and swings in the market, the better you do. . I know fluxcap has mentioned a few before but cannot seem to remember which ones he recommends.

Are you referring to things like VXX? I have tried trading these and found that being long is no fun! These track downwards really bad!

About the only way I made money on VXX was shorting it when it spiked during the Brexit scare.

• Love
Reactions: CALGARYARSENAL
NVDA results:
$1.13. Oops: my source was wrong; it's $0.99.

Consensus was $0.83; whisper was $0.87

So let's see what happens.....???????

On edit: I got that number five minutes ago; stock price still down 4% for the day at $114...don't see anything on the wires yet...

Last edited:
NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2017

Investors might be disappointed in not raising forward guidance.
Still not certain what caused the selloff immediately after ER was announced but once CC started SP reversed & climbed back to ~$117, one note that stood out was in current Qtr intel contract is expiring so Gross Margins will rise going forward, pretty amazing considering GM are 60% for a company with a market cap of $63B.

Last edited:
Still not certain what caused the selloff immediately after ER was announced but once CC started SP reversed & climbed back to ~$117, one note that stood out was in current Qtr intel contract is expiring so Gross Margins will rise going forward, pretty amazing considering GM are 60% for a company with a market cap of $63B.
Anyone who picked up shares during the early AH dump did very well for themselves

This might be too off topic but I sense that I'm not the only one invested in NVDA. And NVDA/MBLY developements seem to correlate somewhat with TSLA.

"Citron closes NVIDIA short, shifts focus to Mobileye Andrew Left's Citron Research said via Twitter, "Updating our $NVDA call....switching focus to $MBLY Ridiculous comparison We expect $MBLY to trade short term $35. Insiders tell the story." The short-selling firm said it is closing its short position in NVIDIA (NVDA) and transferring it to shares of Mobileye (MBLY). Citron has a short-term target of $35 for Mobileye shares. It added that NVIDIA shares are now closer to its $90 price target. Mobileye in early trading is down 4% to $46.35."

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo